PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Pre-Game Thread: Patriots v. Panthers

Status
Not open for further replies.
One thing I’m interested in seeing, even if it’s only a couple of series, is Mac’s better chemistry with Agholor & Smith. If those guys can play like people know they can, add in Parker & Thornton, I’d be very excited. As it is, the Pats had the #6 scoring offense in the NFL last year. If those guys can get involved like they did prior to coming to NE, plus you’re adding Parker and Thornton, wow.
Unfortunately there really isn’t going to be a way to judge that on 10-15 plays.
That’s all built in practice and preseason games don’t involve enough playing time to really see it. They could hit in 2-3 plays but it’s only 2-3 plays.

Personally I don’t care about the individual receivers. If Smith doesn’t get the ball because Parker, Thornton, Henry, Bourne, Agholor are tearing it up that’s a lot better than if Smith gets a lot of catches because no one is open.
The sum is truly greater than the parts with the exception that you hope the parts that get the most targets are the biggest threats to make big plays. In other words Parker catching 100 is probably a lot better than Smith catching 100 because you get more out of that 100.

Matt Rhule is the person of that surname I am second most likely to trust with any info on the Panthers vs. us, the first being Stephanie. Meaning, he's not going to keep his goons in order I am sorry, I just don't trust him to be disciplined enough to sick with his 2s and 3s when they're being dismantled. Really meaning, I'm bored and I wanted to make a name joke I hadn't found a way to trot out yet.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/25: News and Notes
Patriots Kraft ‘Involved’ In Decision Making?  Zolak Says That’s Not the Case
MORSE: Final First Round Patriots Mock Draft
Slow Starts: Stark Contrast as Patriots Ponder Which Top QB To Draft
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/24: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/23: News and Notes
MORSE: Final 7 Round Patriots Mock Draft, Matthew Slater News
Bruschi’s Proudest Moment: Former LB Speaks to MusketFire’s Marshall in Recent Interview
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/22: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-21, Kraft-Belichick, A.J. Brown Trade?
Back