PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Pre Game Thread - Lions @ Pats

Status
Not open for further replies.
Yes...it sort of does. His loss was significant and the issue has been they didn't/don't have any quality depth behind him, which is the bigger issue of why they continued to struggle.

That's like saying the secondary was terrible on that busted play in the Miami game while not taking into account the fact Adrian Phillips went down the play before. McDaniel then just exploited the fact he knew they probably wouldn't be able to adjust. The secondary isn't terrible. Phillips just happened to get hurt and Miami jumped on it, which was annoying because all the pundits made him seem like a genius :rolleyes:

So, yes, it exposed that personnel issue and magnifies how vulnerable they are there if he can't get healthy. However, you sort of made it seem like they're a mess even with him, which is definitely not accurate given how they played in the first few games before he got hurt.
That's nice @Ian but take it out on Mike Reiss since it's his article. You can follow him @MikeReiss

• Winner
Reactions: Ian
Last edited:
So our "defensive" O-Line coach Matt Patricia actually knows a thing or two about offense :oops::oops::oops::oops:
Except for the part that matters: scoring points.

He's actually slipping. In 2019, DET was #18 in PPG (21.3), #20 (23.6) in 2020, and currently #23 (18.5) with NEP.

Maybe playing DET and their terrible defense is what's needed to turn this anemic offense around. Lets see if he can put a 40-burger on them.

• Winner
Reactions: Ian
Except for the part that matters: scoring points.

He's actually slipping. In 2019, DET was #18 in PPG (21.3), #20 (23.6) in 2020, and currently #23 (18.5) with NEP.

Maybe playing DET and their terrible defense is what's needed to turn this anemic offense around. Lets see if he can put a 40-burger on them.
Just curious but what's going to happen when Matty P takes over as Head Coach? Your heads going to explode isn't it?

Can we bring back we are on to....? It was our totem.

Just curious but what's going to happen when Matty P takes over as Head Coach? Your heads going to explode isn't it?
No, but my heads going to laugh out loud.

BTW, he's such a good OL coach that he's managed to get our QB1 & QB2 knocked out in back to back games. Think about that for a second. When was the last time that ever happened?

No, but my heads going to laugh out loud.

BTW, he's such a good OL coach that he's managed to get our QB1 & QB2 knocked out in back to back games. Think about that for a second. When was the last time that ever happened?
So long as you recognize there is a good possibility he could be next in line.

And to answer your question didn't it pretty much happen in 2014 to Jimmy and Brissett except one of them played through it.

Despite the injuries to the QBs I still think the line has played pretty good other than Wynn. Definitely improving in the run game. And outside of a few crucial plays they've pass blocked well too.

Getting everyone ready for a Wednesday:

Last edited:
Lions defense is horrid. Last in the NFL.

Zap wins this one for Matty P after the Lions ran him out of town.

That's nice @Ian but take it out on Mike Reiss since it's his article. You can follow him @MikeReiss
Ian’s very next post directly below the one you’re quoting acknowledges that it’s a Reiss article and tags you in it FYI.

OUR DEFENSE
Can we hold their offense to say 24 points? Will their RB's be healthy. If so, the play of Tavai may be key. We should be fine in pass defense, although keeping them to 24 should still be a challenge. The bottom line is our Defense will force them to run.

OUR OFFENSE
I don't understand why Wynn is playing RT. In any case, barring injuries, the OL isn't the issue. If Cannon needs to have more reps, so be it. We have only one issue that defines the success of our Offense: the play of our QB.

We are fine at WR, RB and on the OL. Henry is a fine TE and Cannon is our blocking TE in the jumbo package. Our WR's are good enough to play 3 wides almost all the time.

BOTTOM LINE
1) QB play (will a Zappe-led offense really be better than PHI)?
2) keeping down turnovers

Last edited:
We are fine at WR, RB and on the OL. Henry is a fine TE and Cannon is our blocking TE in the jumbo package.
It's going to be interesting to see if Cannon takes over a bigger role going forward. I'm not convinced that Wynn is going to see the field after his last performance. A big story line heading into this week.

It's going to be interesting to see if Cannon takes over a bigger role going forward. I'm not convinced that Wynn is going to see the field after his last performance. A big story line heading into this week.
For now, I think that Cannon is a better RT. If we refuse to move Wynn back to LT, then I think that we are better off with Wynn as the swing OT.

The most lopsided win in NFL history. Here's hoping the retro reds bring another blow-out. Zappe with 6 TDs.

Game starts like this:
TO Detroit, TD New England, TO Detroit, TD New England, TO Detroit, TD New England, punt Detroit, TD New England, punt Detroit, TD New England.

This is one topic that we have been discussing, we'll have to monitor it:

Jared Goff leads the NFL in TD's with 11 to only 3 INT's. Yes....you read that right.
cleaning glasses.
tobey maguire deal with it GIF

Looks like Jonnu will be out for this one.
Let’s see if we go true 11 personnel (with Bourne), big 11 (humphrey) or 6 OL (both Wynn and cannon)

This is one topic that we have been discussing, we'll have to monitor it:

If Wynn/lose plays Aidan Hutchinson will probably punch his ticket to the HOF in one game. I know BB is not that stupid to play this turnstile with his current QB situation.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Patriots Kraft ‘Involved’ In Decision Making?  Zolak Says That’s Not the Case
MORSE: Final First Round Patriots Mock Draft
Slow Starts: Stark Contrast as Patriots Ponder Which Top QB To Draft
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/24: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/23: News and Notes
MORSE: Final 7 Round Patriots Mock Draft, Matthew Slater News
Bruschi’s Proudest Moment: Former LB Speaks to MusketFire’s Marshall in Recent Interview
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/22: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-21, Kraft-Belichick, A.J. Brown Trade?
MORSE: Patriots Draft Needs and Draft Related Info
Back