PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Pre Game Thread - Lions @ Pats

Status
Not open for further replies.
Looks like Jonnu will be out for this one.
Let’s see if we go true 11 personnel (with Bourne), big 11 (humphrey) or 6 OL (both Wynn and cannon)
Not going to be missed if Jonnu Smith goes on IR it would be addition by subtraction I am sick of is contributions or lack their off. Time for H Henry to step up enough is enough a TE should be a young QB's best best.

Not going to be missed if Jonnu Smith goes on IR it would be addition by subtraction I am sick of is contributions or lack their off. Time for H Henry to step up enough is enough a TE should be a young QB's best best.
Yeah when he went down last week I said to my friend, "Well, it's not like he was doing much out their anayway.'

Yeah when he went down last week I said to my friend, "Well, it's not like he was doing much out their anayway.'
He's cashing those hefty game checks consistently though boy did our HC/GM over estimate him.

Can lil jordan function as a te with jonnu out? Wouldnt that also open up snaps for bourne

For now, I think that Cannon is a better RT. If we refuse to move Wynn back to LT, then I think that we are better off with Wynn as the swing OT.

It really all depends on his attitude. If his issue is more motor/motivation than technique, then having him play swing tackle is the fastest way to have him check out. If the benching at the end of the GB game can serve as a bit of a wake up call ("Hey, Isaiah, you're in a contract year. If you want a pay day, you're going to need to be on the field, and if you want to be on the field we need a better effort."), then we're better off with him there. If Cannon becomes the full time starting RT, I think we essentially "lose" Wynn.

On twitter Pat Patriot and red throwbacks return is real fire...

Great !!!!

It really all depends on his attitude. If his issue is more motor/motivation than technique, then having him play swing tackle is the fastest way to have him check out. If the benching at the end of the GB game can serve as a bit of a wake up call ("Hey, Isaiah, you're in a contract year. If you want a pay day, you're going to need to be on the field, and if you want to be on the field we need a better effort."), then we're better off with him there. If Cannon becomes the full time starting RT, I think we essentially "lose" Wynn.
Might have better luck getting blood from a stone. IF Cannon and Cajuste are healthy their is no drop-off which spells disaster for Wynn in FA.

Eh, a little silly to me.
First, I think he’s been blocking better than Henry. We have the best rushing offense in the nfl so far. He may be providing value.
Second, I think he’s been solid when targeted and we just don’t target the guy. I wish we did, but that’s also a result of having like 7 WRs/TEs that need targets.
Third, the alternative may be more big 11 personnel reps for humphrey. He is less involved and threatening in the pass game than jonnu is.
For what it’s worth, lazar said “Although it hasn’t always shown up in the box score, Jonnu has been solid in his role.”

Can lil jordan function as a te with jonnu out? Wouldnt that also open up snaps for bourne
Not really, as even when they’re in 11 personnel they’ve often been going with humphrey and a TE (and 2 of Agholor, Parker, meyers). Unless you’re saying humphrey plays TE over Henry, which I doubt.

Updated injury news:

This is looing like a really tough game for the Pats based on circumstances. Also this current Lions Team don't look like those recent pathetic ones. IF I'm a betting man it would be hard to bet against Lions on Sunday.

First, I think he’s been blocking better than Henry. We have the best rushing offense in the nfl so far. He may be providing value.
Second, I think he’s been solid when targeted and we just don’t target the guy. I wish we did, but that’s also a result of having like 7 WRs/TEs that need targets.
Third, the alternative may be more big 11 personnel reps for humphrey. He is less involved and threatening in the pass game than jonnu is.
For what it’s worth, lazar said “Although it hasn’t always shown up in the box score, Jonnu has been solid in his role.”
Yep Harry was a Great Blocker too boy we overpay for guys who shine as Blockers but should be better receivers.

It's funny how other Teams have their TE's run seam routes while ours stay behind the LOS waiting for screen passes like we don't have RB's who can do that. :rolleyes: Would love to see the Overpriced Jonnuu and H Henry run a seam route every once in a while I can dream right.

Last edited:
It's funny how other Teams have their TE's run seam routes while ours stay behind the LOS waiting for screen passes like we don't have RB's who can do that. :rolleyes: Would love to see the Overplayed Jonnuu and H Henry run a seam route every once in a while I can dream right.
I feel like Henry had success with seam routes last year. Jonnu is unable to look for the ball and run full speed though so he's never open by the time the ball gets there on seem routes (or basically any route but a crosser or screen). He could have 3 steps on a defender but he always slows down when the ball is in the air and it ends up just out of his reach.

It's a shame because Jonnu looked like an ascending star in Tennessee, but he just hasn't fit the system here. Converting his salary into a bonus this offseason instead of Judon seems like a huge mistake.

I feel like Henry had success with seam routes last year. Jonnu is unable to look for the ball and run full speed though so he's never open by the time the ball gets there on seem routes (or basically any route but a crosser or screen). He could have 3 steps on a defender but he always slows down when the ball is in the air and it ends up just out of his reach.

It's a shame because Jonnu looked like an ascending star in Tennessee, but he just hasn't fit the system here. Converting his salary into a bonus this offseason instead of Judon seems like a huge mistake.
An Offseason to remember for our HC/GM rewarding mediocrity.

I believe that's the reason we brought him back. 6'4, 225 lbs, big body, big catch radius and also good on special teams.

I wouldn't be surprised to see him make a few plays against the NFL's 32nd rank defense.

Status
Not open for further replies.

New Patriots WR Javon Baker: ‘You ain’t gonna outwork me’
Friday Patriots Notebook 5/3: News and Notes
Thursday Patriots Notebook 5/2: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 5/1: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Jerod Mayo’s Appearance on WEEI On Monday
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/30: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Drake Maye’s Interview on WEEI on Jones & Mego with Arcand
MORSE: Rookie Camp Invitees and Draft Notes
Patriots Get Extension Done with Barmore
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/29: News and Notes