PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Pre Game Thread - Lions @ Pats

Status
Not open for further replies.
Stats are stats. Ever since they got the running game back in gear this offense has become much less of a joke.

Expected to be blown out by Green Bay and it didnt happen. Expecting Detroit to put up a lot of points and maybe, just maybe thats not gonna happen either.

Lets all hope BB will cook up something to slow that offense and bring the game more to the Pats slow slug it out style.

Nice to see Rham on the list:

A Quarterback away. Next year, Jimmy G and Mac and maybe between them we can have a healthy QB. BB doubling down for his last two years, 23/24

Yes, but they put up those points against the defenses of teams like the Seahawks, Commanders and Eagles.
Eagles have a top 10 D and they hung 35 pts on them.

Let's talk about positives so far this year. I want to mention Damien Harris. He was in a touch position in GB, but kept churning out 4 or 5 yards when everyone in the world knew we were running. He gained serious tough yards all night. I know he's only averaging 61yds a game, but I think he looks really good. Even while a lot of talk is made of Rham taking the lead spot. I think Harris is a good leader and someone that could become an offensive leader going forward.

Stats are stats. Ever since they got the running game back in gear this offense has become much less of a joke.

Expected to be blown out by Green Bay and it didnt happen. Expecting Detroit to put up a lot of points and maybe, just maybe thats not gonna happen either.

Lets all hope BB will cook up something to slow that offense and bring the game more to the Pats slow slug it out style.
Sure but they are #6 in rushing yards, Pats are #10. Pats haven't been very good at stopping the run either (#26, yikes).

Aaron Jones just put up 110 yards against our D. Swift (if healthy) is better.
We are up against it already start 1-4 we can bank on a Top 10 pick. Also Chubb and Hunt is right on the heels of Detroit and they can tear us a new one they have both done it before. Teams who can Ram it down our Throats is not what this current run D want to face have mercy. Right now we just don't have the personnel scheming can only go so far.

Let's talk about positives so far this year. I want to mention Damien Harris. He was in a touch position in GB, but kept churning out 4 or 5 yards when everyone in the world knew we were running. He gained serious tough yards all night. I know he's only averaging 61yds a game, but I think he looks really good. Even while a lot of talk is made of Rham taking the lead spot. I think Harris is a good leader and someone that could become an offensive leader going forward.
61 ypg over 17 games will be a 1000+ yard season. I'd take that for Harris. As always with him hope he stays healthy.

Can Thornton start practicing this week? I think we have to wait for Ty Montgomery until next week right? So, if we can get Mac & those 2 & Meyers back in the next 2 weeks, we could start looking better quick. I actually think Ty will provide a lot of what we need right now. The 3rd & 5 conversions and RB screens - he could be the binky Mac needs since the TE's aren't doing crap.

27. New England Patriots (1-3)

Week 4 ranking: 23
Defensive efficiency: 46.0
League rank: 23rd

The biggest issue on defense is ... defending the run.

After Baltimore totaled 126 yards in the second half in Week 3, and Green Bay totaled 199 yards on 35 carries overall in Week 4, it has exposed a vulnerability for the Patriots. Losing sturdy DT Lawrence Guy to a shoulder injury is a contributing factor, but that alone doesn't fully explain an alarming past six quarters the defense has played against the run. The linebacker play has struggled too, leading to veteran Jamie Collins' return to the team on Monday. -- Mike Reis

Can Thornton start practicing this week? I think we have to wait for Ty Montgomery until next week right? So, if we can get Mac & those 2 & Meyers back in the next 2 weeks, we could start looking better quick. I actually think Ty will provide a lot of what we need right now. The 3rd & 5 conversions and RB screens - he could be the binky Mac needs since the TE's aren't doing crap.
George Pickens 8 catches for 102 on Sunday boy I really wanted him for us what could have been. That said really hope T Thornton comes back soon we NEED him to show what he's got. I think he comes me back in two weeks barring no set backs.

Harris and rham are 1a and 1b , i dont think we’ll see a clear lead back this year . Harris is more explosive and rham has better vision imo. Both are loads to bring down. I like both having around 15 carries a game and staying fresh

Losing sturdy DT Lawrence Guy to a shoulder injury is a contributing factor, but that alone doesn't fully explain an alarming past six quarters the defense has played against the run.
Yes...it sort of does. His loss was significant and the issue has been they didn't/don't have any quality depth behind him, which is the bigger issue of why they continued to struggle.

That's like saying the secondary was terrible on that busted play in the Miami game while not taking into account the fact Adrian Phillips went down the play before. McDaniel then just exploited the fact he knew they probably wouldn't be able to adjust. The secondary isn't terrible. Phillips just happened to get hurt and Miami jumped on it, which was annoying because all the pundits made him seem like a genius :rolleyes:

So, yes, it exposed that personnel issue and magnifies how vulnerable they are there if he can't get healthy. However, you sort of made it seem like they're a mess even with him, which is definitely not accurate given how they played in the first few games before he got hurt.

And I know it was Reiss - not you @venecol - who wrote the part I bolded. ;)

I think I should move into sports reporting. I mentioned him Sun night. It took over a day for anyone else in the media to mention him as an option. Let's just say I have the mind of BB (which is not always a good thing lately :)

Status
Not open for further replies.

New Patriots WR Javon Baker: ‘You ain’t gonna outwork me’
Friday Patriots Notebook 5/3: News and Notes
Thursday Patriots Notebook 5/2: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 5/1: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Jerod Mayo’s Appearance on WEEI On Monday
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/30: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Drake Maye’s Interview on WEEI on Jones & Mego with Arcand
MORSE: Rookie Camp Invitees and Draft Notes
Patriots Get Extension Done with Barmore
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/29: News and Notes