PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Pre-game Thread: Jets @ Pats

Status
Not open for further replies.
Indeed. Not to mention that after the Jets it's four straight primetime games. Good or bad, we're going to learn a LOT about this team in the next month.
Really hope Mac 10 figures it out couldn't be better time for him to find himself on the Big stage.

I hope they don't look past the Jets because of the short week to Thanksgiving @ Vikings.
Jets & Bills are much more important than Vikings. Those T-day games are always about health and raw talent. It's whoever can just go out and play. But a NFC loss is better than 2 divisional. A full week before BUF is better than 4 days.

I hope they don't look past the Jets because of the short week to Thanksgiving @ Vikings.
Jets & Bills are much more important than Vikings. Those T-day games are always about health and raw talent. It's whoever can just go out and play. But a NFC loss is better than 2 divisional. A full week before BUF is better than 4 days.
Really hope we don't depend of the Defense too much against Buffalo being two scores down against them will be insurmountable. Our Offense gulp is going to have to bring it against them: have Buffalo punted against us yet??

Obviously this Jets game is a must win because the next 2 are going to be super tough.

We'll see
Huge for the reason you state, but also cause a W puts us ahead of the Jets in the division, keeps us ahead of the Chargers. Also gets us within 1 game of the division lead, which is not exactly out of reach with both Buf & Mia home games also coming up. Pivotal game.

I like the way our schedule is laying out, with home games against 4 teams we're fighting with for playoff berths, including Cinci too. We win those home games and we're in good shape. Esp with the LV & Ariz road games which are winnable.

Huge for the reason you state, but also cause a W puts us ahead of the Jets in the division, keeps us ahead of the Chargers. Also gets us within 1 game of the division lead, which is not exactly out of reach with both Buf & Mia home games also coming up. Pivotal game.

I like the way our schedule is laying out, with home games against 4 teams we're fighting with for playoff berths, including Cinci too. We win those home games and we're in good shape. Esp with the LV & Ariz road games which are winnable.
Really hope Bourne and Agholor get's coached up they haven't put up the numbers we were expecting. I hope the second half is a wake up call for some.

Last edited:

I have us beating the Jets and Miami. Winning one of Arizona and LV.

BUT I also had us beating the Bills in the last game due to the expectation the Bills would have nothing to play for.

Ugh--I was rooting for the Bills each and every week

Parker being back would be low key really good news for us, hes the only wr besides jacobi thats provided anything this year. Itd be mac’s first game back with andrews and parker, huge lift.

Pats should win this game against a fake "good" team. Both teams are built similarly - D holds the other team down so the O can stay on script. But If the Pats don't win, I expect posters to go bipolar and immediately create threads asking for coaches to be fired and players to be benched/cut.

i think this will be harder than the previous jet game. They beat the bills and are more confident this time around and will likely have wilson run more designed QB runs like fields. Pats need to be ready for these wrinkles.

Agreed. Andrews a lot bigger deal than Parker, IMO.
We still need Parker he's more useful than Agholor and Bourne to this point or haven't you noticed??
Staring Lee Min-Ho GIF by Apple TV+

Pats should win this game against a fake "good" team. Both teams are built similarly - D holds the other team down so the O can stay on script. But If the Pats don't win, I expect posters to go bipolar and immediately create threads asking for coaches to be fired and players to be benched/cut.
Can't have that slow start we did last time: 6-19 on Third Downs won't cut this time around. Also WR Corey Davis might be available this time around tougher match up.

Really hope we don't depend of the Defense too much against Buffalo being two scores down against them will be insurmountable. Our Offense gulp is going to have to bring it against them: have Buffalo punted against us yet??
We haven't played them this year.... 2021 we beat them in a 10-14 game and they punted the ball 5 times.

Zero punts the 2nd game. Playoff game was a disaster and zero punts

I'm noticing. :rofl:
Bill Belichick Binoculars GIF by Barstool Sports

While you have your binoculars handy, take a look at what is more important to fix, the OL or the WRs. You might notice that the OL stinks a lot more than the WRs. :p

While you have your binoculars handy, take a look at what is more important to fix, the OL or the WRs. You might notice that the OL stinks a lot more than the WRs. :p
I have faith in the OL well maybe not against that Bills Front when they are foaming at the mouth but we'll see.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Patriots Kraft ‘Involved’ In Decision Making?  Zolak Says That’s Not the Case
MORSE: Final First Round Patriots Mock Draft
Slow Starts: Stark Contrast as Patriots Ponder Which Top QB To Draft
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/24: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/23: News and Notes
MORSE: Final 7 Round Patriots Mock Draft, Matthew Slater News
Bruschi’s Proudest Moment: Former LB Speaks to MusketFire’s Marshall in Recent Interview
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/22: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-21, Kraft-Belichick, A.J. Brown Trade?
MORSE: Patriots Draft Needs and Draft Related Info
Back