PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Pre-Game Thread- Bills @ Pats (Thursday Night)

Status
Not open for further replies.
That is true and it's still TBD if Mac is the future for this team. The clock is ticking IMO. He seems to be healthy now and I think they want him to throw downfield more. Rightfully so.

Mac needs to step up now. Lamar's FA is looming with Bill chasing Shula's record and Kraft getting impatient for a playoff win. I wouldn't rule anything out.
I agree, we need to see Mac put up good numbers and make NFL reads/throws moving forward

Yup, he's setting it up for when they lose. 6 of the top 8 guys on his list were all full participants. I guess Mac's performance on TNF has them Bills fans spooked.
I mean, they lost to the Jets with Zach Wilson 3 weeks ago and got outplayed by the Lions and Jared Goff last week and barely squeaked out a win. Mac probably does scare them...

People here aren't talking about the Patriots injuries, which are actually significant. Our best DL Christian Barmore is out, as well as our starting center, David Andrews, who is being replaced by a guy that shouldn't even be in the NFL.

Our WRs are banged up as well, we're missing our starting RT, and one of our 2 RBs Damien Harris won't play either.
Apparently Andrews is going to play.

Personally, I'm hoping the Jones boys get 2 or 3 INTs. Allen has been throwing some bad balls lately.

Very curious about the "Ugh" and the "Dislike" I was given for my factual post that includes Corky's real time Passing TD stats and a season ending projection based on his 'lauded' recent 4 game / 1 Passing TD per game pace.

Attach these pitiful numbers to any other QB in the league and this board would be unified in its ridicule of the sub-J.A.G. production and mocking next year's QB draft with BaconGrundleCandy

But.......Corky is 'our' J.A.G.....so.......carry on!
Lol, well ya know, he done good last year

People here aren't talking about the Patriots injuries, which are actually significant. Our best DL Christian Barmore is out, as well as our starting center, David Andrews, who is being replaced by a guy that shouldn't even be in the NFL.

Our WRs are banged up as well, we're missing our starting RT, and one of our 2 RBs Damien Harris won't play either.
Not to mention that significant high ankle sprain to our starting QB. Who's probably still dealing with it. And even ignoring what percentage he's at it clearly effected him for a large portion of the season. But everyone acts like it never happened.

The TE's need to get more involved. Mac throwing to HH last game was great and it needs to continue. I am so over Aguilor, he can't catch any contested balls. He is taking up a roster space for no reason !!

We're 1-0 when wearing our throwbacks this year! Let's go undefeated in the throwbacks and maybe they'll come back permanently! :rofl:
Ugh. I feel like this comes up every year and every year the same stats need to be posted for the loud minority. Flying Elvis vrs pat always ends up being about 70% the logo the team has won 6 SBs, 10 AFCCG, and been the team of the past TWO decades in, and about 30% whiners who need something to kvetch about. Elvis looks better, represents the new winning tradition better, and should be the permanent logo indefinitely. Now you want to have a red alternative, I’ll disagree cuz it’s my least fav color, but there was a really sharp looking Elvis one of Kevin Faulk somebody photoshopped I could get behind.

I'm done with this ****ing guy.

I mean, just WHO THE **** does Billy & his cousin Vinnie plan on relieving Stevenson from time to time, before they, like, you know, ****ING KILL HIM FIRST ?!?

got outplayed by the Lions and Jared Goff last week and barely squeaked out a win.

Not sure I agree with that.

Bills had more total yards, passing yards, rushing yards, yards per play, first downs, 3rd down % and time possession.

Bills outplayed them in every facet.

You’re right that the Bills were awful against the Jets.

If Allen can consistently be in the MVP voting while going on all these bad stretches you think he goes on, then that's pretty wild that he has everyone (except you of course) duped.

Who is being duped? What people's standards of being elite is not is subjective. There is no hard and fast standard of what is elite. It isn't like I said Allen sucks. I said when he is on, he is elite. I just think he is too inconsistent to be considered elite.

And I think Allen is a strong MVP candidate since I don't think there is a team that performs how their QB does in the league. When Allen is playing like an elite QB, they crush their opponents. When Allen struggles, the entire teams struggles. Yes, the performance of the QB affects all teams, but none like the Bills with Allen.

But Matt Ryan won the league MVP. No one is ever going to accuse him of being an elite QB. He had an elite season, but clearly not an elite QB.

And Jalen Hurts has the same odds of winning the MVP. And I wouldn't consider him an elite QB either. At least not yet. He could turn out to be, but before the season people were debating whether he was even a long term starter in this league. But as well as he is playing, I wouldn't call his play elite.

Last edited:
I mean, they lost to the Jets with Zach Wilson 3 weeks ago and got outplayed by the Lions and Jared Goff last week and barely squeaked out a win. Mac probably does scare them...

Yeah, right now, the way the Bills are playing, they cannot look past anyone. I hope they do on Thursday. The Pats could use the win.

This is strong evidence why the Pats need a real OC. I think if a team can play really well in between the 20s and cannot perform in the red zone, that goes heavily on a failure in coaching. Sure defenses tighten up in the red zone, but if you can move the ball with ease in the open field a good OC can design plays to still put their players in a position to succeed in the red zone.

Add the fact that there is confusion of what people should be doing, that is 100% on the coaching.

Yeah, right now, the way the Bills are playing, they cannot look past anyone. I hope they do on Thursday. The Pats could use the win.
I am not holding out hope. I expect the patriots to have dumb penalties, make critical mistakes, and kick field goals in the red zone.

This is the team I've watched all year.

Status
Not open for further replies.

TRANSCRIPT: Patriots QB Drake Maye Conference Call
Patriots Now Have to Get to Work After Taking Maye
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf and Jerod Mayo After Patriots Take Drake Maye
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/25: News and Notes
Patriots Kraft ‘Involved’ In Decision Making?  Zolak Says That’s Not the Case
MORSE: Final First Round Patriots Mock Draft
Slow Starts: Stark Contrast as Patriots Ponder Which Top QB To Draft
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/24: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/23: News and Notes