PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Pre-Game Thread- Bills @ Pats (Thursday Night)

Status
Not open for further replies.
We're 1-0 when wearing our throwbacks this year! Let's go undefeated in the throwbacks and maybe they'll come back permanently! :rofl:
I believe Zappe was the starter in that game. I think.

Come on man, there's only been 14 receivers in 19 games (179 played) that had =>139 receiving yards plus =>1 TD. He had an 82% catch % and Cousins passer rating when throwing to Jefferson was 149.1, 4th best of those 19 games.

The worse part was we tried everything to take Jefferson away from Cousins. He absolutely owned our secondary. Just own it man. Hopefully, we learned something from it because going forward it isn't going to get easier.

Yep; and if that game proved anything, it's that McCourty is Finished as a starting-caliber FS on a legit contender.

Now if he wants to return next season on a one-year, non-guaranteed deal for the veteran minimum, then I might be willing to listen...

Here is the rundown.

- Josh Allen (staring QB) was thought to possibly need Tommy John surgery but ended up being able to play through it. The downside is that it's affecting his some of his passes - Romo mentioned it during the game on Thanksgiving. Allen has had to adjust his throws to compensate for the UCL tear and its causing some of his passes to be a bit erratic.

- Von Miller (starting DE) has damage to his MCL and is out for this week and perhaps the rest of the season.

- Dion Dawkins (starting LT) left the game with an ankle injury and didn't return.

- Mitch Morse (starting C) missed last game with an elbow injury that has been bothering him since October.

- Greg Rousseau (starting DE) has what is believed to be a high-ankle sprain and has been out for the last 3 weeks.

- Kaiir Elam (starting CB) also injured his ankle. He came back last week but only played 13 coverage snaps. I think he's probably still hurt.

- Tremaine Edmunds (starting MLB) has missed the last 2 games with multiple injuries (groin and oblique).

- AJ Epenesa (Rousseau's backup) is also hurt and has missed the last 2 games.

- Micah Hyde (starting S) is on IR.

- Jamison Crowder (WR3) is on IR.

- Jake Kumerow (WR4) is on IR.

- Christian Benford (CB3) is on IR.
From what I'm reading.

Monday Full practice:
QB Josh Allen (elbow)
OL Mitch Morse (elbow/ankle)
LB Tremaine Edmunds (groin)
DT Jordan Phillips (eye)
DE AJ Epenesa (ankle)
DE Greg Rousseau (ankle)
CB Cam Lewis (forearm)
CB Kaiir Elam

You also have Tre'Davious White back & designated Ike Boetgger to return from PUP. Dion Dawkins seems to be the only missing starter, aside from Von Miller (out) & guys on IR.

You sound scared.

Here is the rundown.

- Josh Allen (staring QB) was thought to possibly need Tommy John surgery but ended up being able to play through it. The downside is that it's affecting his some of his passes - Romo mentioned it during the game on Thanksgiving. Allen has had to adjust his throws to compensate for the UCL tear and its causing some of his passes to be a bit erratic.

- Von Miller (starting DE) has damage to his MCL and is out for this week and perhaps the rest of the season.

- Dion Dawkins (starting LT) left the game with an ankle injury and didn't return.

- Mitch Morse (starting C) missed last game with an elbow injury that has been bothering him since October.

- Greg Rousseau (starting DE) has what is believed to be a high-ankle sprain and has been out for the last 3 weeks.

- Kaiir Elam (starting CB) also injured his ankle. He came back last week but only played 13 coverage snaps. I think he's probably still hurt.

- Tremaine Edmunds (starting MLB) has missed the last 2 games with multiple injuries (groin and oblique).

- AJ Epenesa (Rousseau's backup) is also hurt and has missed the last 2 games.

- Micah Hyde (starting S) is on IR.

- Jamison Crowder (WR3) is on IR.

- Jake Kumerow (WR4) is on IR.

- Christian Benford (CB3) is on IR.
Congratulations. You have effectively laid out all the excuses necessary to make yourself feel better if the Bills lose. We get it, the Bills have injuries. Something named Christian Benford and Jake Kumerow are on IR. The Bills should still win the game, but you are covered just in case.

No need to keep stroking it. You're chafing.

Congratulations. You have effectively laid out all the excuses necessary to make yourself feel better if the Bills lose. We get it, the Bills have injuries. Something named Christian Benford and Jake Kumerow are on IR. The Bills should still win the game, but you are covered just in case.

No need to keep stroking it. You're chafing.
Yup, he's setting it up for when they lose. 6 of the top 8 guys on his list were all full participants. I guess Mac's performance on TNF has them Bills fans spooked.

Yup, he's setting it up for when they lose. 6 of the top 8 guys on his list were all full participants. I guess Mac's performance on TNF has them Bills fans spooked.

It's really obvious when he comes here and he has 3 consecutive posts about the Bills' injury woes.

Excuse making after a game is every fan's right. Excuse making three days before the game is gross. Excuse making on the other team's message board three days before the game is pathetic.

You also have Tre'Davious White back

Tre didnt even play a quarter of the game last week. How is that "back"??

I'll be pleasantly surprised if he plays 25% of the snaps against the Patriots.

You sound scared.

I am scared. Bills are not ready, health wise, for the next 3 weeks.

Last edited:
What was Allen's excuse last year when he played like crap for stretches? Or the year before?

If Allen can consistently be in the MVP voting while going on all these bad stretches you think he goes on, then that's pretty wild that he has everyone (except you of course) duped.

What about the fans' injury report? Aren't you worried about that too?

This game will be like all the other games this season. What mental errors will be drive killers and the drives they do have end in the red zone with a fg. Very undisciplined uncharacteristic team of bb.

Maybe but Davis is #23 in yards w/ 5 TDs. That's better than any of our receivers and he's their #2. Hell, even McKenzie has 4 TDs which is more than any of our receivers (Meyers w/ 3).
I doubt Davis is on that team next year.

I'm comparing him to Thielen. We're talking about the Vikings. Not the Patriots.

Davis is at a 50% target to catch ratio.

That's really bad. And it's the reason there's so much frustration about Davis.

I'll be pleasantly surprised if he plays 25% of the snaps against the Patriots.

People here aren't talking about the Patriots injuries, which are actually significant. Our best DL Christian Barmore is out, as well as our starting center, David Andrews, who is being replaced by a guy that shouldn't even be in the NFL.

Our WRs are banged up as well, we're missing our starting RT, and one of our 2 RBs Damien Harris won't play either.

People here aren't talking about the Patriots injuries, which are actually significant. Our best DL Christian Barmore is out, as well as our starting center, David Andrews, who is being replaced by a guy that shouldn't even be in the NFL.

Our WRs are banged up as well, we're missing our starting RT, and one of our 2 RBs Damien Harris won't play either.

Barmore is a big loss.

You right the ship by beating good teams with your QB play.

Here lies a golden opportunity for Jones to prove that he belongs as a starter in this league. The Bills have basically throttled him when the Pats allowed him to pass and now its time to turn the tables on national TV. Punting and FGs are not going to cut it.
For some, apparently, throwing for a lot of yards in one loss is good enough

Considering miller is not there bills pass rush should be manageable .

I hope we still maintain the dink dunk philosophy and occasional deep throws. Bills CB and safety group is great so unless we have solid separation no point trying those heaves . Burn the clock by taking quite some time to complete the drives thereby keeping Allen on the sidelines.

I hope we are able to run well . We should unleash Jonnu by providing few designated screens to him and make him run in open field. I am hopeful he can be our deebo if we play like that . Use Jonnu and Rham in tandem .

You contradict yourself, it couldn't be clearer: when you use terms like "gave himself a stay of execution." you most definitely are anti-Mac.

Your problem all along has been this mistaken belief that quarterbacks work in a vacuum. Under normal circumstances Mac would have progressed from his promising rookie season but things have been far, far from normal for him. The system changed from one designed to maximize his strengths to where a neophyte OC is learning by doing. He came back from a six- to eight-week injury after four weeks. He has fought to survive behind a porous musical-chairs offensive line. On top of that he has faced opponents prepared for his tendencies with a season's worth of game film from 2021 and is getting acquainted with new receivers.

Mac's strengths all along have been solid mechanics, good decision making and throwing accuracy. He didn't suddenly lose those skills and then suddenly find them again vs. Minnesota. We know you believe Bailey Zappe is the superior player. Once and for all, if BB and the coaching staff believed that, Zappe would be playing. BB and the coaching staff know more about both players than you do.

So, assuming you are a Patriots fan, you would want Mac to play well and lead the team to victories. You also would not expect perfection from him having weathered challenges unusual for a second-year quarterback who still is getting acclimated to the NFL. Instead of holding a vigil for his "execution," why not root for the guy?
Like I said, i expect the QB to elevate his team members. Mac did that in the Vikings game. Ultimately it was a losing effort. But he played well for most of the game. So he gets to keep proving himself.

Zappe outplayed Mac in many ways during his two game starts. Pocket presence, accuracy, TD to int ratio, decision making, etc.

But Mac had a really good game. Had a chance to gut out the comeback win, but didn't happen. So because of that, I'm good with rolling with Mac. Let's see him continue to put up good numbers and win some games with his arm. Then I'll be a believer

I don't have time to go ciphering through posts but some folks were posting "FOLK!" that seems pretty satisfied with a FG....
It's because the "pitchers and catchers" line was taken apparently.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Monday Patriots Notebook 5/6: News and Notes
Tom Brady Sustains, Dishes Some Big Hits on Netflix Roast Special
TRANSCRIPT: Jerod Mayo on the Rich Eisen Show From 5/2/24
Patriots News And Notes 5-5, Early 53-Man Roster Projection
New Patriots WR Javon Baker: ‘You ain’t gonna outwork me’
Friday Patriots Notebook 5/3: News and Notes
Thursday Patriots Notebook 5/2: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 5/1: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Jerod Mayo’s Appearance on WEEI On Monday
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/30: News and Notes