PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Pre-Free Agency 2023

If the Pats are looking to make an investment on the edge, Floyd makes sense as an all-around player who plays the run better than Uche and has plenty of experience dropping into coverage.

I think they need to get another pass rusher if they want to play as much zone as they did by the end of last season. That’s probably less essential if they invest in the secondary to play more man coverage.

Always liked Floyd, but what is his weekly availability. I seem to remember as frequently injured. May have confused him with another player.

Kareem Hunt got gas left in the tank?

and agreed, Hopkins in KC would suck donkey balls

We can remember when were in that envious position. I am sure Hopkins would like to go to a Contendah!

We can remember when were in that envious position. I am sure Hopkins would like to go to a Contendah!
winning absolutely helps... lets hope we get back on track in 2023

Receivers are a prized commodity in today’s NFL. Jacoby has experience and has proven that he can get open on intermefiate routes and reliably catch the ball. He has been successful in a very difficult system. I feel confident that someone will offer him at least 12 million per year.
The pats will feel his loss. if they do not re sign him. He is not flashy but he is reliable and available and steady. He has been Macs binky.
I would not be shocked if Pats match a 12 musd aav offer.

Last edited:

I won’t rule it out for the Patriots. He got back on track after a really rough start to the season (potentially due to holding out). Belichick coached his dad in Cleveland.

It's a weak free agent class and I don't expect us to be major players sadly. A few key re-signings and a couple of mid tier free agents. Tbh I don't really want us to overpay for an average player. It will feel good initially but we'll soon all come to regret it when we can't get rid of their salary after year one like Jonnu and Agholor.

just saw that eric kendricks got released...i would be interest in him if other LB are not possible like T. Edmunds

I won’t rule it out for the Patriots. He got back on track after a really rough start to the season (potentially due to holding out). Belichick coached his dad in Cleveland.

Orlando Brown got the rings he's all about the $$$$ now and we need the OL help I would make the splash Bookend Browns. :cool:

That just screams that the cheefs are gonna back up the brinks truck and pay him

That just screams that the chiefs are gonna back up the brinks truck and pay him
Disagree. Teams can tag a player then continue to negotiate on a long term deal. Not tagging him doesn't make it more likely that they will sign him long term.

Cowboys tagged Pollard & da raidahs tagged Josh Johnson...

I understand why, still leaves me shaking my head...

oh, and look for Ewokiel Elliot, with no guaranteed money left, to be cut unless his paychecks take a haircut

Disagree. Teams can tag a player then continue to negotiate on a long term deal. Not tagging him doesn't make it more likely that they will sign him long term.
Once they tag a player and he signs it, they can't sign him to a new deal until the following season.

Frankly I hope they do sign Brown to a stupid high deal, he's not as good as the deal he'll likely get and I want the Pats to target their RT, Andrew Wylie, the guy quietly had a great season and played really well in the Super Bowl... he's also a free agent. They could get him much cheaper and plug him into the RT spot opposite Trent, as well as draft a guy for the future in the first.

Thats a fair point... Maybe i should have it screams to me etc etc... I think they will work towards a long term deal... instead of holding the tag over his head like the Sword of Damocles, to make negotiations less rancorous...

Some , but not all of the tweets above (from message 1162) are unavailable to me , does anyone else have the same problem ????
Twitter was down earlier - they typically turn off embeds when that happens, but they're back up and running now.

Geno and seattle finalizing a Deal for 3 years

TRANSCRIPT: Patriots QB Drake Maye Conference Call
Patriots Now Have to Get to Work After Taking Maye
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf and Jerod Mayo After Patriots Take Drake Maye
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/25: News and Notes
Patriots Kraft ‘Involved’ In Decision Making?  Zolak Says That’s Not the Case
MORSE: Final First Round Patriots Mock Draft
Slow Starts: Stark Contrast as Patriots Ponder Which Top QB To Draft
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/24: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/23: News and Notes
MORSE: Final 7 Round Patriots Mock Draft, Matthew Slater News
Back