PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Pre-Free Agency 2023

Jonnu combine results seem closer to Kelce . Can we move Jonnu more to slot and have him do more as a receiving option rather than using him as a blocker foremost.

Roll out the dice for final time on Jonnu. Technically this is his last year on a big contract and he would be more eager to break the shackles and show some production.

Either Witherspoon or Broderick would be great if we are able to snag at 14.

Else better to trade down to 30s , get an additional mid round pick and draft Darnell wright, Ringo and Darnell Washington and possibly downs for the slot WR.
Please people stop trying to get blood from a stone when it comes on to Jonnu Smith he's not a good fit here plain and simple. Smith was only 50 yards better with a Real OC McDaniels. I think the Patriots would be foolish not to Draft TE in this upcoming Draft. Jonnu Smith and Travis Kelce in the same sentence is just ridiculous. :rolleyes:

I have to think LV is going all in on Jimmy G.
Makes a lot of sense kind of hoping we'd be in on him too but If I was him based on Offensive Talent LV without question. Jimmy G have shown that he can win with very good Talent around him.

Makes a lot of sense kind of hoping we'd be in on him too but If I was him based on Offensive Talent LV without question. Jimmy G have shown that he can win with very good Talent around him.
And, as usual, there are only so many good QBs to go around. TB is probably looking. TN, too. Saints. Someone is going to decide Carr is better than nothing.

And, as usual, there are only so many good QBs to go around. TB is probably looking. TN, too. Saints. Someone is going to decide Carr is better than nothing.
Or with good Coaching some Team could make Baker Mayfield a reclamation project he has decent talent just need some maturity.

Or with good Coaching some Team could make Baker Mayfield a reclamation project he has decent talent just need some maturity.
Someone will have to. We'll see if it's a team with good coaches, though.

I think Juju made himself some Big bucks in FA could we sign him and put him in the Slot?? Juju Smith-Schuster is still in the prime of his career and is way better than J Meyers.

I think Juju made himself some Big bucks in FA could we sign him and put him in the Slot?? Juju Smith-Schuster is still in the prime of his career and is way better than J Meyers.
Way better?

Way better?
Schitts Creek Yes GIF by CBC

People might be underestimating our level of cap space since we need to redo deals with Onwenu and Dugger almost immediately. Uche we can wait on.

Oh man, free agency cannot come soon enough. Is there still that tampering period ahead of the opening of free agency?

Oh man, free agency cannot come soon enough. Is there still that tampering period ahead of the opening of free agency?
Can't wait to see how many players we are in the mix for. :)

Can't wait to see how many players we are in the mix for. :)
I always think it's going to be a lot and it's fewer than I think. Kind of like the coaches. I thought we'd have more coaching changes and so far it's the OC, OL and TE coach.

So, it looks like the tampering period begins on March 13, two days prior to free agency opening.

So, it looks like the tampering period begins on March 13, two days prior to free agency opening.

its been going on for at least a week at a minimum, while all the agents were in Arizona for the stupor bowl

its been going on for at least a week at a minimum, while all the agents were in Arizona for the stupor bowl

True, but the legal tampering period is when we start finding out who is going where and I spend every five minutes refreshing my browser.

Thursday Patriots Notebook 5/2: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 5/1: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Jerod Mayo’s Appearance on WEEI On Monday
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/30: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Drake Maye’s Interview on WEEI on Jones & Mego with Arcand
MORSE: Rookie Camp Invitees and Draft Notes
Patriots Get Extension Done with Barmore
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/29: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-28, Draft Notes On Every Draft Pick
MORSE: A Closer Look at the Patriots Undrafted Free Agents
Back