PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Prayers for Gordon Hayward

What I would like to see him is getting a by more muscle and develop a mid range game so him and kyrie can play a pick and roll.
SP do you think a pick and roll with 2 guys under 6'7" will be effective consistently? I've gotta strongly disagree.

I actually think Horford is and has been underutilized in this scenario. His step back is money. That's a big part of the "new" p'a'r.

With Hayward out scoring will be tough as Jaylen and smart are not efficient 3 point shooters. Horrors looked slow. I think this team is the 5 seed in the east with cle, tor, was, mil are ahead of the celts now.
Tatum might be. I'd agree on 4th seed. The problem as I see it is the 3/4 kids are 6'6" and don't yet have NBA instincts. Losing Crowder might hurt more than we expected. He was also the one Cav that didn't seem to care about GH.

What I would like to see him is getting a by more muscle and develop a mid range game so him and kyrie can play a pick and roll.
He's jacked. That's his strength as a player.

I wish that was true, but Lebron looked like a man playing against children. I feel like the cavs took the pedal off and then picked it up at the end
Not sure I agree that they took the pedal off, rather that the Celts were playing with better composure, taking better shots, playing with higher energy, forcing turnovers. I more give credit to the Celtics for the comeback.

I do agree with your LeBron comment. He is just too good. He got what he wanted when he wanted it. Pretty much unstoppable. The rest of the Cavs team looked inconsistent and often times pedestrian.

They need a healthy Isaiah back because otherwise they'll be getting smoked (again) by the GSW or one of the other elite Western Conference. Might still, even with him.

Sucks for Gordon but the Cs will still compete. Tatum will get used to the NBA as the season goes on and he'll get better. Brown looks like a stud. Morris will get a lot of playing time now which means well be better defensively. Tatum and Brown will have to pick up the scoring which I think they can.

The east is so bad that I wouldn't be surprised if we still compete for a top 2 seed behind cleveland.

Surprised no one is talking about this... but IMO that hip check in mid air by Crowder was dirty.. not with the intent to injure.. however he KNEW he was beat on that back door play by Hayward because if you look at replays, his head is already turned around by the time Hayward is in mid air and already has one step on him...obviously this point isn't important in the context of what happened.. but how did they not even call a foul on the play when Crowder hip checked him in mid air before Lebron bodies him up?

Last edited:
Star players? How did that go for Minnesota, New Orleans, and Chicago last season?

Wait a second lol..... Are you trying to imply you DON'T need star players to be a real contender in the NBA? If so, this conversation is over because you clearly don't have the slightest clue what you're talking about.. And I say that with as much kindness as possible.

Surprised no one is talking about this... but IMO that hip check in mid air by Crowder was dirty.. not with the intent to injure.. however he KNEW he was beat on that back door play by Hayward because if you look at replays, his head is already turned around by the time Hayward is in mid air and already has one step on him...obviously this point isn't important in the context of what happened.. but how did they not even call a foul on the play when Crowder hip checked him in mid air before Lebron bodies him up?

Agree.

As an old time hoopster it is an unwritten rule you don't push or cut under a jumping player.

That's Laimbeeresque.

Not sure he meant to do it, though. Jae doesn't that that rep but the circumstances are interesting.

I don’t blame him and I don’t think it was dirty but I did notice he was the only player that didn’t seem moved by the injury.

Nasty injury. The only one I've seen on par with that, or worse, was Willis McGhahee's in college

• Agree
Reactions: ALP
I didn't see this video posted. It looked like Crowder got underneath Hayward a bit (kind of bridged him) and Lebron hit him up high, making him lose his balance and come down awkward. Best wishes for a speedy recovery to Gordon. I hope he is back by the playoffs but the Celtics should really tell him to "take your time, don't rush it".

The kid from Louisville in the NCAAs was also brutal.
Yeah, Kevin Ware's injury was nasty.
So was Paul George's but he came back and has played great since he broke his leg.
This one was the worst one I've seen live since Joe Theisman got nailed by (the original) LT.

Edit: Marcus Lattimore's was pretty gruesome as well but he tore up all of his knee ligaments but he played a much more physical game where they actually go after your legs to bring you down.

2 months in a cast and 2 months of rehab is probably best case scenario. If we're lucky, he'll be back for the playoffs.
On the bright side, more playing time for the youngsters.

2 months in a cast and 2 months of rehab is probably best case scenario. If we're lucky, he'll be back for the playoffs.
On the bright side, more playing time for the youngsters.

Saw this on Twitter.

The word is clean break. If that is the case and he is back for the playoffs it is all good. Hopefully they can avoid Cleveland til the finals.

Of course that is the early word. It will be confirmed later today or tomorrow or not.

Last edited:
Is he out for the year?

Second best without Hayward? LOL. Delusional.

at this point, yes........but the curves for Brown and Tatum will be steep......Tatums minutes will need to be managed ad will be once Morris returns.....

They also need to get Theis into the green team rotation....he's got size and skills....Yabusele, too.....the C's have nothing to lose by getting these guys some minutes earlier in the season

and offense with Brown, Tatum, and Smart taking it to the basket with kick outs to Irving, Horford, and whoever else is shooting can become a very nice groove.

it would be nice to see Yabusele take his next step

Last edited:

TRANSCRIPT: Patriots QB Drake Maye Conference Call
Patriots Now Have to Get to Work After Taking Maye
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf and Jerod Mayo After Patriots Take Drake Maye
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/25: News and Notes
Patriots Kraft ‘Involved’ In Decision Making?  Zolak Says That’s Not the Case
MORSE: Final First Round Patriots Mock Draft
Slow Starts: Stark Contrast as Patriots Ponder Which Top QB To Draft
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/24: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/23: News and Notes
MORSE: Final 7 Round Patriots Mock Draft, Matthew Slater News