PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Prayers for Gordon Hayward

Tatum might be. I'd agree on 4th seed. The problem as I see it is the 3/4 kids are 6'6" and don't yet have NBA instincts. Losing Crowder might hurt more than we expected. He was also the one Cav that didn't seem to care about GH.

every year, by the end of the season, Crowder winds up being a liability......he's tough and makes some good defensive plays, but just as often, guys like Jalen Brown just jump right over him

The youth is going to have to grow up quick

They have talent but it will have to show consistently

Gonna be real messy at times early but could be good to watch the young guys grow
A silver lining, that more minutes for the kids means more experience.

Gordo's a veteran, so if he comes back strong, he should be able to fit in quickly. I'd be ecstatic to see him out there in April.

Gordo's a veteran, so if he comes back strong, he should be able to fit in quickly. I'd be ecstatic to see him out there in April.

I don't think he will be physically ready but hope is good

tell you one thing........we are so lucky to have made the Irving deal now.....

tonights starting lineup would be Horford Crowder Tatum Brown Rozier...potentially last in the NBA in offense

2 months in a cast and 2 months of rehab is probably best case scenario. If we're lucky, he'll be back for the playoffs.
On the bright side, more playing time for the youngsters.

I'm a self-proclaimed Brad Stevens apologist as I think he is a very good coach but he is exceptional with young players and bringing them along.

Jalen Brown is still learning but he did very well last night.

I expect Tatum to develop and be a major contributor this year but at the same time Stevens spotting him some nights.

Its not like KC Jones is there and letting young players rot on the bench.

Another point i'd like to add is that as hyped as i and all the other Cs fans were, i didn't think we'd seriously compete for the championship this year. I thought maybe next year but definitely in two years when Brown is entering his prime as well as Tatum, and Kyrie is in the middle of his prime years.

I didn't think Brown was gonna be this improved (albeit it's only 1 game). He looked great in the summer league, but that's against rookies and players in the developmental league. It looks like his improvement is carrying over to the big leagues.

The more minutes and responsibilities Brown and Tatum get the better it is for us in the future.

This injury sucks, but i'm really excited for the future. Hell, Smart and Rozier were great last night and if that's our bench, we are in damn good shape going forward.

Lets just hope he comes back, that is a career ending type of injury.

I'm a self-proclaimed Brad Stevens apologist as I think he is a very good coach but he is exceptional with young players and bringing them along.

Jalen Brown is still learning but he did very well last night.

I expect Tatum to develop and be a major contributor this year but at the same time Stevens spotting him some nights.

Its not like KC Jones is there and letting young players rot on the bench.

Stevens is a great coach. It will be interesting to see how we adjust as Gordon is such an efficient shooter and with Kyrie we could take guys off the dribble and spread the court. We will still shoot a lot of 3s, but we are probably not going to be as efficient as we hoped and might need to play more of an attacking up-tempo type of game. Tonights game against the Bucks should be a good indication of where this team is at without Hayward

Bros, that scene was surreal last night. I’ve never seen something like that in real time... When Harlem said “he’s broken his leg” it was like someone dumped a bucket of cold water on me.

Sounds like the injury is actually not THAT bad, just as gruesome as you’ll see. Should be 100% by next season. Might even return this season.

Honestly a torn ACL which is far more common, is much more severe than this.. this is just so scary and gross

The word is clean break. If that is the case and he is back for the playoffs it is all good. Hopefully they can avoid Cleveland til the finals.

Of course that is the early word. It will be confirmed later today or tomorrow or not.
Thank God. But that injury is awful enough. To me it's amazing that they can put it back together.

Bros, that scene was surreal last night. I’ve never seen something like that in real time... When Harlem said “he’s broken his leg” it was like someone dumped a bucket of cold water on me.

Sounds like the injury is actually not THAT bad, just as gruesome as you’ll see. Should be 100% by next season. Might even return this season.

Honestly a torn ACL which is far more common, is much more severe than this.. this is just so scary and gross
Apparently, no ligament damage...this is good.

every year, by the end of the season, Crowder winds up being a liability......he's tough and makes some good defensive plays, but just as often, guys like Jalen Brown just jump right over him
In the line up or physically?

According to NBATV, the league has given the Cs an $8.4M "injured player exception." Should come in handy at the trade deadline, maybe.

MORSE: Patriots Draft Needs and Draft Related Info
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/19: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/12: News and Notes
Back