PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Practice Squad Taking Shape

jefmblrd

Dependability is more important than ability. -BB
Reaction score
The Patriots Practice Squad is taking shape.

Per NFL.com:
Justin Green
Ja'Gared Davis

Per Ben Volin Boston Globe
Marcus Forston
Kanorris Davis

Per Mike Reiss
Jeff Tarpinian

Miguel just tweeted there are four signed. I don't know the fourth.

I was really big on Davis in college and was surprised he wasn't a more on-the-radar guy. He's the type of guy I could see become an eventual no-name contributor for us.

Tarpinian, I believe.

Tarpinian, I believe.

Christopher Price is reporting that Tarpinian is on the practice field today, so he must be signed to the PS.

Did someone grab Quentin Simms already ?

Winn, Sims, K Davis would be nice to keep.

I'd like to see Tyler Wilson added to groom @ QB.

Did someone grab Quentin Simms already ?

Nothing has been reported, I really hope him and Winn find their ways onto the practice squad, especially Sims.

Haven't heard anything about Sims or Winn, but Reiss is reporting that there is a PS player out on the field wearing number 36 who has not been identified--for what that's worth.

Also reports there's a player wearing number 49 who he believes might be Davis.

I guess they're not high on Sims. I would think he would have been one of the first signed for the practice squad.

Haven't heard anything about Sims or Winn, but Reiss is reporting that there is a PS player out on the field wearing number 36 who has not been identified--for what that's worth.

Also reports there's a player wearing number 49 who he believes might be Davis.

Brandon Jones was #36. Maybe he's returned.

I wouldn't draw that conclusion.

More likely is that Sims has more than one offer, or perhaps he would prefer to be elsewhere.

I guess they're not high on Sims. I would think he would have been one of the first signed for the practice squad.

The Patriots Practice Squad is taking shape.

Per NFL.com:
Justin Green
Ja'Gared Davis

Per Ben Volin Boston Globe
Marcus Forston

I’m glad to see Fortson end up on the practice squad, I still think there is something there with him that can be developed, I also think his cut was more strategic to free up a roster spot for now, Belichick likely gauged the market for him and felt comfortable letting him go across waivers.

Maybe, maybe not. Signings are not reported in order of signing time but in order of when the media finds out.
Also, we may make an offer to a player, and he may choose to not accept it, at least right away to see if anyone else wants him where he would rather be.

Winn, Sims, K Davis would be nice to keep.

I'd like to see Tyler Wilson added to groom @ QB.

I was about to say he's not available but apparently the Raiders just cut him. Definitely worth picking up for the PS but I think he'll be claimed.

The Jags have cut FB Lonnie Pryor. I want him bad.

Could have more to do with Sims, his agent might be advising him to wait 24-48 before settling on a practice squad offer.

I may be reading too much into things but the fact that Washington was released leads me to believe that Winn is likely to be announced as a practice squad signing in the next 24 hours.

if he doesn't get a better offer, say from the Giants

Could have more to do with Sims, his agent might be advising him to wait 24-48 before settling on a practice squad offer.

I may be reading too much into things but the fact that Washington was released leads me to believe that Winn is likely to be announced as a practice squad signing in the next 24 hours.

Thursday Patriots Notebook 5/2: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 5/1: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Jerod Mayo’s Appearance on WEEI On Monday
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/30: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Drake Maye’s Interview on WEEI on Jones & Mego with Arcand
MORSE: Rookie Camp Invitees and Draft Notes
Patriots Get Extension Done with Barmore
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/29: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-28, Draft Notes On Every Draft Pick
MORSE: A Closer Look at the Patriots Undrafted Free Agents
Back