PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Potential trade targets

Jonah Williams - Was one of the worst OTs last year. Yes. Worse than ours. And Williams is on his 5th year option according to OTC.. That's how he's at $12M.

He gave up 13 tackles on 724 passing plays. He also gave up 6 hits and 26 hurries. The year prior he gave up 10 sacks, 7 hits, and 34 hurries on 808 passing plays.

Why would people thing the Pats could save him?

And I believe that the Bengals are on the hook for Williams' 12M regardless.....so why would they even cut/trade him anyway?

Jonah Williams - Was one of the worst OTs last year. Yes. Worse than ours. And Williams is on his 5th year option according to OTC.. That's how he's at $12M.

He gave up 13 tackles on 724 passing plays. He also gave up 6 hits and 26 hurries. The year prior he gave up 10 sacks, 7 hits, and 34 hurries on 808 passing plays.

Why would people thing the Pats could save him?
Kracken Klemm will be unleashed on the league DB. No one will be prepared! The shock and awe of the OL performance in New England this season will be discussed forever. In all seriousness, IDK if they could or not. Bill likes his reclamation projects and I was just trying to get the conversation started. Most guys that we would trade for at this time for low cost are going to be reclamation projects imo.

… Most guys that we would trade for at this time for low cost are going to be reclamation projects imo.
That is exactly why the whole idea of a trade being the path to team salvation is a flawed concept.

I got curious and had to look up all the specifics. In the last 9 years (what’s on the Patriots.com transactions page), the earliest training camp trade was August 8. Nobody acquired August 8-17 made the opening roster. There were no trades August 18-23, approximately the lead up to preseason game 3 most years. Everybody they traded for on August 24 and later made the roster except for Jalen Saunders, who was specifically acquired just to be an extra body for the last preseason game in 2015.

The third preseason game is August 25 this year, so I’d expect any worthwhile trades to happen after that.

Is there a better LT than the Cincy guy in a situation that he could be a trade target?

Don't know; but if the rest of their OTs make it through camp healthy - and especially if La'el Collins' rehab is on schedule - then Jonah Williams can absolutely be had, and probably not for a whole lot either... The rest depends on how our guys look at LT by then.

Don't know; but if the rest of their OTs make it through camp healthy - and especially if La'el Collins' rehab is on schedule - then Jonah Williams can absolutely be had, and probably not for a whole lot either... The rest depends on how our guys look at LT by then.
Reason he is available id because they signed Orlando Brown Jr. Is Orlando that good? Seems to me (putting my amateur GM cap on) with our cap space we could have blown the Bengals' offer out of the water with a long term deal, and not had to worry about LT for 5 years.

Reason he is available id because they signed Orlando Brown Jr. Is Orlando that good? Seems to me (putting my amateur GM cap on) with our cap space we could have blown the Bengals' offer out of the water with a long term deal, and not had to worry about LT for 5 years.

Not a big fan of Orlando Brown as a Left Tackle, but he seems to get the job done there... Still agree with Bill's not signing him here, however.

It’s a really funky contract. He gets $33.7M in year 1, $8.6M in year 2, $7.5M in year 3, and $14.2M in year 4. That puts the Bengals in a bad position if he plays well enough to hold out (which he’s done before) or demand a trade (which he’s done before), and awful position if he isn’t motivated and lets himself go (which he’s done before) after getting so much money up front.

Not a big fan of Orlando Brown as a Left Tackle, but he seems to get the job done there... Still agree with Bill's not signing him here, however.
You said something Bill did wasn't awful, horrific, worst decision ever, any sane person would have done x,y,z. Are you feeling alright cap'n?

Jets and Bills have an embarrassment of riches at DE and DT.

Talented guys will not make the 53.

How about trade/acquire DE Bryce Huff from the Jets and look to nab DT Tim Settle off the waiver wire from the Bills. We need more depth there.

And another team with too much talent to keep is the Detroit Lions and offensive line. I don’t think any of our starters would be ahead of theirs except Onwenu at RG.

OT Max Pircher is a developmental international player with size and athleticism that is positively Sea Bassian. The article misidentifies his nationality as Australian. I believe he’s Italian.

Comb that waiver wire carefully in late August, gentlemen.

Last edited:
You said something Bill did wasn't awful, horrific, worst decision ever, any sane person would have done x,y,z. Are you feeling alright cap'n?

Brown actually started his career in Bawlmore at RT, then moved to LT only after Ronnie Stanley was IRed half-way through 2020... Like his brother from another mother Trent Brown, Orlando is a better Right Tackle than Left one; and I'm afraid of what might happen to him here if he signed - the history of really big guys after they're given the really big bucks isn't great...

Brown actually started his career in Bawlmore at RT, then moved to LT only after Ronnie Stanley was IRed half-way through 2020... Like his brother from another mother Trent Brown, Orlando is a better Right Tackle than Left one; and I'm afraid of what might happen to him here if he signed - the history of really big guys after they're given the really big bucks isn't great...
Scar mentioned in an interview with EEI... that Brown's issues were never physical it was all him to being mentally engaged. He said he was dominant in 2018 when he was fully engaged and motivated.. if this season we can get even a fraction of the 2018 brown that would do wonders for the line.. he has shown that he can be a dominant ALL PRO level player when engaged. I'm sure klemm will be on him and definitely BOB will light a fire under his ass if he's lackadaisical..

MORSE: Patriots Day 2 Draft Opinions
Patriots Wallace “Extremely Confident” He Can Be Team’s Left Tackle
It’s Already Maye Day For The Patriots
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots OL Caedan Wallace Press Conference
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Day Two Draft Press Conference
Patriots Take Offensive Lineman Wallace with #68 Overall Pick
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots Receiver Ja’Lynn Polk’s Conference Call
Patriots Grab Their First WR of the 2024 Draft, Snag Washington’s Polk
2024 Patriots Draft Picks – FULL LIST
MORSE: Patriots QB Drake Maye Analysis and What to Expect in Round 2 and 3
Back