PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Postgame thread: Patriots defeat Panthers 10 - 3

Status
Not open for further replies.
how many games is reid going to miss for that late hit?

There were several plays besides Wynn missing a block that Dorsett failed to get any YACs. Plus a couple times he failed to make sure he was past the first down marker.
Eventhough Meyers had a tough start I would still his play tonight over Dorsetts.

Gotta live BBs postgame comments, the reporters just give up.

There were several plays besides Wynn missing a block that Dorsett failed to get any YACs. Plus a couple times he failed to make sure he was past the first down marker.
Eventhough Meyers had a tough start I would still his play tonight over Dorsetts.
7 throws, 7 catches from the starting QB, for Dorsett. What Meyers did against future UPS drivers doesn't mean much.

Gunner Olszewski returned punts all 4 years in college for an excellent average, and was a DII All-American on special teams. (He also batted .310 as an outfielder, if you care.)

He's legit at PR, but that's never enough. Does anybody know if he's been playing on ST coverage teams, or did in college?

That was a game 3 that felt more like a game 4 .... boring.
Like an impossible Whopper - no meat.

Last edited:

What is it with you people this year? It's as if agendas are all that matter, and the actual happenings on field don't matter.

Dorset had plays without YAC other than the Wynn play? Well, Dorsett had multiple come back receptions where YAC wasn't going to happen. So, yeah, he had plays without YAC.

Watch out Hoyer. Stidhim is handsome and we all know NE loves signing models ;)

Gunner Olszewski returned punts all 4 years in college for an excellent average, and was a DII All-American on special teams. (He also batted .310 as an outfielder, if you care.)

He's legit at PR, but that's never enough. Does anybody know if he's been playing on ST coverage teams, or did in college?
Each preseason game he's looked better than the last. He's got a shiftiness and quickness that Berrios just has never shown (did he even see the field today?). Give him a year or two in the system, there's a chance he could develop into something. Question is if Patricia or Vrabel (or other scouts) saw enough in him close up that they'd be willing to claim him off waivers at cutdowns.

Olszewski was a special teams maven in college.

I found Brady's post-game press conference to be interesting. He was actually pretty open about specifics, which is unusual. His discussion about the miss on the deep throw to Meyers was something I did not expect to hear from him.

I found Brady's post-game press conference to be interesting. He was actually pretty open about specifics, which is unusual. His discussion about the miss on the deep throw to Meyers was something I did not expect to hear from him.

I find it baffling that Meyers would give up on a route with Brady in the game. He almost looked intimidated being with the 1s.

Olszewski was a special teams maven in college.

Do you have any sources or details? All I can find is general mentions like "all-conference special teams" and can't tell if that refers to more than his punt return prowess.

What'd he say about it? It just looked like Meyers turned around and didn't realize the ball was coming to him or just couldn't locate it as opposed to giving up on the route like Zo and Socci insinuated

Status
Not open for further replies.

MORSE: Patriots Draft Needs and Draft Related Info
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/19: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/12: News and Notes