PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Postgame thread: Patriots defeat Panthers 10 - 3

Status
Not open for further replies.
  1. I think one question worth asking is whether or not anyone changed their minds on any specific players making the roster.
  2. I think another question worth asking is whether or not there were any specific players people thought were on the bubble and played their way off their projected team.

I think that there's a clear group at WR, and the question is going to be how deep BB decides to go at the position. I don't think there's any question about which 4 receivers are the best right now (Edelman, Gordon, Thomas (if), Dorsett), but Harry's a lock as a first rounder, and Meyers has impressed against the backups.

If they go with 6 WRs, Meyers is in. If they go with 5, I'd have to be guessing at BB's mindset about youth and potential with regards to Thomas/Dorsett/Meyers.

I see six wrs. But who is going to field punts?

So after 3 games does Mike Pennel make the team?

Whats the injury report? King's didn't look good. I guess Ebner is ok? I couldn't fully tell what happened to D. Harris.

I see six wrs. But who is going to field punts?

Edelman has returned punts every year he's been in the league (except his lost season, of course, per an earlier respondent). I don't see anyone who's in a position to be taking that job from him, at this time.

Just listened to Brady's post game, kept on repeating "experience, decisiveness, trust." When you think of those 3 words, Jarrett is nowhere near ready to be a QB#2!

BB's pressers always good for a laugh, his shut down demeanor, that grim death stare chiseled into his face. He definitely sends out invisible sonic shock waves to media members. I'm sure some of them would rather stick there finger in a light socked than ask a tough question...

If true, some of us would owe @Brady6 an apology for bashing his thread a couple of weeks ago.
Honestly all these reactions are typically knee jerk after one game. Myers is a great example of this. All week we'll be hearing he's too slow

Edelman has returned punts every year he's been in the league (except his lost season, of course, per an earlier respondent). I don't see anyone who's in a position to be taking that job from him, at this time.
Does anyone know when Edelman was a rookie how many wrs did they carry week 1?

Anyone else notice a play or two where Stidham forced it to Izzo with multiple defenders covering him? Why stare that guy down specifically? I'm sure I'm nitpicking because he mostly threw it to Meyers after all.

I know this is a terrible thing to say, but...a couple of times the tv showed a shot of Stidham's face in his helmet and I gave a start, certain it was Mark Sanchez. <shudder>

View attachment 23940
Yeah, I'm not seeing it. But cool that you're getting flashbacks of the Sanchize!;)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/23: News and Notes
MORSE: Final 7 Round Patriots Mock Draft, Matthew Slater News
Bruschi’s Proudest Moment: Former LB Speaks to MusketFire’s Marshall in Recent Interview
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/22: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-21, Kraft-Belichick, A.J. Brown Trade?
MORSE: Patriots Draft Needs and Draft Related Info
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/19: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Back