PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

PostGame Discussion Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
When we cant protect Brady, this is the end result. Now what the hell is going on with Tabletgate?

What's the point here?

"Should have kicked a FG x2?"

Gostkowski should have made the Extra Point x 200.

Brady shouldn't have been the QB on the field with the noodle arm x 2,000.

The O line shouldn't have put Brady on his ass 11 times x 2,000,000.

We could go on and on with the second guessing and excuses.

The bottom line is that the Bronco's beat us twice in the same season. There's no blaming and there's no whining. There is no way we can say they weren't the better team.

On to Training Camp!

I agree. I saw posters saying it would be a cakewalk. Almost like they didn't know our history in Denver.

Denver's pass rush was ferocious. Even after 50+ pass attempts. That was the difference in the game. I thought the Pats defense stood up and played a great game too, but a missed XP and that early Brady pick really determined the game.

Brady didn't have time to go through any progressions, and didn't have anyone open the times he scrambled around enough to buy a little time. I know our OL is terrible, but at some point you have to credit a great game by their D.

Absolutely should have kicked at least one FG. The defense was doing its job vs Denver. Cut the lead to less than a TD. Could have been driving for a win at the end. Trust your d to make a stop.

I have never seen pass rush like that.The offensive line... Yikes... WRs couldn't get open maybe because they are still not 100%. Gronk showed up and was as great as we think he is. LaFell is probably gone in the offseason, when the other guys struggled so mightily and TB12 still didn't bother looking your way? Damn....
Defense did what they could. Should have had Chung on Daniels instead of Collins (who had a beast of a game but his coverage skills are absolutely exaggerated).
Could have played the game at home if the Pats didn't lose some games they shouldn't have lost in the final stretch. Always frustrating to watch them play in Denver.
TB12 is GOAT and the most clutch. But when you get knocked silly like that you can only do so much.

Hindsight is always 20/20 but even before the game ended I was not confident in making a 2 point conversion. We should have kicked the field goal on at least one of the 4th down tries earlier in Q4.

On to 2016...
I concur. This was some of the worst coaching from the Pats I have seen in a long time.

<tinfoil-hat-on>
It was all a setup. The Patriots come close, but allowed Peyton his trip to the Super Bowl. He wins and rides off into the sunset with a second ring.
The NFL releases the PSI data confirming the IGL and return the Patriots' draft picks and drop the appeal.
It's a love fest all around.
Welcome to the WWNFL.
<tinfoil-hat-off>

How Hochuli botched the review of Amendola's catch is beyond me. When the CBS replay clearly shows that he had control and his knee was down while in contact with the Denver defender, it should have been ruled a catch, 1st down for the Patriots.

Not to mention the ridiculous holdings that Denver got away with on Gronk. Both early in the game by Ward and in the endzone by Talib..

• Winner
Reactions: Ian
This years Broncos are right up there with the Giants good luck during their runs.

Broncos luck is about to run out for the Super Bowl, though. NFC winner will give the Broncos another blowout. It will be entertaining to watch just like 2013.

How Hochuli botched the review of Amendola's catch is beyond me. When the CBS replay clearly shows that he had control and his knee was down while in contact with the Denver defender, it should have been ruled a catch, 1st down for the Patriots.

Not to mention the ridiculous holdings that Denver got away with on Gronk. Both early in the game by Ward and in the endzone by Talib..
Wouldn't that have been a fumble if they overturned it?

I'm reading all of these comments in amazement. We are an unbelievably SPOILED and WHINY bunch. Our team was a couple of plays from a second SB berth in two seasons, and the 7th one in 15 years. Are you kidding me??

Great season Pats!! This is a young team, we'll be even better next year.

Bill has tremendous respect for Peyton. The previous games that Peyton torched our defense probably had a an effect on him not kicking the field goals. He wasn't lying when he said Peyton is still Peyton and that he respects him more than any football player not on the Patriots.

Peyton won the mental game again. Having said that, this was just a bad game plan overall. I wanted to see a more tight formation on offense, instead we we're spread out and it's just too hard against a great defense like that.

Wouldn't that have been a fumble if they overturned it?
No, his knee was down.

Kubiak throwing that flag was the dumbest move of the game - if he loses it's incomplete, if he wins he gives the Patriots a first down.

Also, when do the Patriots Offense land in Denver? I don't think they arrived in time...

Status
Not open for further replies.

TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/12: News and Notes
Not a First Round Pick? Hoge Doubles Down on Maye
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/11: News and Notes