PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Post Game Thread - Pats @ Steelers

Status
Not open for further replies.
crucial 3rd down drop from jules and gordon and **** passes by TB.

This was the worst officiated game all season

Very un Pat like loss in many ways. Especially in the false start penalties playing like a team that was intimidated by the crowd.

I still despise the run defense. That doesn’t get fixed and we are a one and done candidate.

Brady has sucked and has not been superbowl worthy.

However, given that unfolded and hes going to have an entire off season to sit through KNOWN how terrible he was, it's only common sense to wait until next season to see it he course corrects it or to see if this was truly the end.
Your post sucks

No shame in losing a close game to Pitt on the road. They would have lost last year as well if not for TE dropping the TD. False start penalties were the big issue. Shows a lack of discipline and it the reason they could not move the ball consistently. Hard to sustain drives when you need 15 to 20 yards every series. If Pats are fortunate and the Texans lose one more there is still a solid chance for the bye and a trip to AFCCG.

It seems our main players are all out of form at the same time - Brady, Gronkowski, and Edelman. Brady is not the undisputed best player on the field anymore. Hope he regains form soon.

It's too late this year for Brady to turn to MVP caliber again. He needs to fix whatever issues he's having in the offseason. That starts with going to voluntary workouts.

The question is, will the changes actually be made?

Will BB try to substitute size for speed at LB?

Will he revamp the D-line with actual talent rather than busts from other teams?
You can field a LB corps with both size and speed. And yes, I think those changes will be made. The window has closed for this version of the Patriots. They’ll shed a good amount of salary this offseason. They HAVE to hit on their picks in the draft, though. Especially the early ones.

I don’t get “concerned” about anything sports related, and I’m a huge Boston sports fan.

Do you think you're better than me? Like, what is the point you're making?

So you dont care as much as others. So what man.

No complaints, outside of the same complaints I've been making all season. We suck this year, and will continue to benefit from everyone else sucking equally or worse than us.

I'm not to torn up about the loss, because I predicted it (No way Pitts miss the playoffs, if the 32 can help it). I would have just appreciated it, if the refs did not screw up the whole final drive with a bunch of suspect flags making it obvious that they screwed up last season with the infamous catch play, so they were making it up to Pitts, or either Brady was not meant to win today... either way, the officiating was embarrassing.

Outside of that,

As long as MCD is on offense and Belichick keeps relying on Brady to turn scrubs to rags and riches, the trend will continue. At least we have special teams, who have been great this year.

FU Goodell and John Parry. So plain as day that you weren't calling the game fairly. Calls that you made against the Patriots you didn't call on the Steelers. Many of which killed Patriots drives. Including the one that led to the Brady Interception. How can an O-lineman be HOLDING when his arm isn't even wrapped around the opposing Defensive Player?

The league (and Tom Brady) could not afford to have Pitts drop 5 straight (including NO next week) and miss the playoffs. The league benefits when popular teams are in the playoffs and when NE is playing through so-called adversity; hence, Brady handing them the game in the 4th. Now the league-driven media affiliates will distract us of "Brady decline" topics and "are Steelers SB bound", after Pitts beat NO (who will not be affected by the loss) next week.

I personally believe Brady is fine, and will more likely than not, return to his competent self in the playoffs. He just needed to help the league spice up the remaining games for ratings purposes. I can almost guarantee he'll be burning Pittsburgh down in January.

It's too late this year for Brady to turn to MVP caliber again. He needs to fix whatever issues he's having in the offseason. That starts with going to voluntary workouts.
Passing camp too

Very un Pat like loss in many ways. Especially in the false start penalties playing like a team that was intimidated by the crowd.

I still despise the run defense. That doesn’t get fixed and we are a one and done candidate.
They need to go outside for a d tackle their has to be one out there better than Brown and Shelton.
I suggest lets start with Bears and Rams practice squads.

Your post sucks

I've been thinking the same about yours for years bro, but I dont really call out others. I can name 5 guys right now who love the attention and you're in that 5.

Go away and remove me from your feed, no hard feelings on my end but I dont need countless replies from you with your personal opinions of me.

You’re right it’s been 10 months since he threw for 500 yards in superbowl and won nfl mvp. Clearly he’s cooked. Give me a break. This loss is on the pre-snap penalties and holds.

This. Brady was unbelievable last post season. Less than a calendar year ago. He’s made some absolutely gorgeous passes this year. His arm is still fine.

His decision making isn’t slipping, his lack of receiving talent is the issue. He’s been godlike the past few years because he can throw the ball quickly most plays and on the times he has to hold the ball, he has talented guys getting open.

Gronk and Edelman are washed up, still capable of big plays but not of being the key guys. Patterson is a trick play guy, Hogan is invisible and Dorsett sucks. Gordon has been good but rarely involved in big moments for some unknown reason and isn’t a quick separation guy anyway

The TE/WR group talent level cratered in the offseason when Cooks and Amendola left and were replaced by an aging Edelman and a hope and prayer. Hogan’s decline is likely a trickle down effect of having to do more since his surrounding cast is terrible.

The sloppy OL play and inconsistent at best run game are also issues.

What the hell are you smoking ?

The defense played overall a C+/B- game. The offense was a straight F. To talk about as if both had similarly bad performances just makes you look silly.

I think the defense was a B. It was better than last week. ST gets an A. And your grade is fitting for the offense.

I think the OL and DL played poorly, especially the OL. And no one really made a play except SG on the 2d Harmon pick and JC Jackson on the 3rd down play in the RZ, holding the Steelers to an FG.

Something is wrong with this team’s attitude. They aren’t tough enough, Patterson and Burkhead aside. They seem unmotivated and scared, though I find that hard to believe.

The Pats always lose when I don't watch at home. I'm in Cabo until tomorrow. The winning will resume next Sunday.

Well screw you and your taking vacations during a critical part of the season. Next time go during August ;)

Allowing only 17 points to a team which normally scores 27 is not awful

I did say the D was okay. Regardless the d overall sucks and it's not if it will fail it's when.

You can field a LB corps with both size and speed. And yes, I think those changes will be made. The window has closed for this version of the Patriots. They’ll shed a good amount of salary this offseason. They HAVE to hit on their picks in the draft, though. Especially the early ones.
When is the last time that happened? Bill the GM needs to be fired.

Serious question why do some of you even watch were not winning a playoff game right stop watching then.

This Steelers team was waiting since last year to get "revenge" on us. They circled it on their calendar and were absolutely desperate to beat us. You could tell from comments from Tomlin, Shuster-Smith, and Ridley. And of course the Pats didn't match their intensity at all. The result, a big fat L.

It’s not getting fixed. Not until the offseason at least.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Patriots News 4-28, Draft Notes On Every Draft Pick
MORSE: A Closer Look at the Patriots Undrafted Free Agents
Five Thoughts on the Patriots Draft Picks: Overall, Wolf Played it Safe
2024 Patriots Undrafted Free Agents – FULL LIST
MORSE: Thoughts on Patriots Day 3 Draft Results
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots Head Coach Jerod Mayo Post-Draft Press Conference
2024 Patriots Draft Picks – FULL LIST
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots CB Marcellas Dial’s Conference Call with the New England Media
So Far, Patriots Wolf Playing It Smart Through Five Rounds
Wolf, Patriots Target Chemistry After Adding WR Baker
Back