PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Post Game Thread - Pats @ Steelers

Status
Not open for further replies.
It’s kind of hard to wring your hands over what was wrong with the passing game plan and the structure of what they did when I can remember at least 5 blatant right on the money drops which would have made Brady 30/36 for over 300 yards.
And that’s including the last 3 throws from the 21 with 30 seconds left and no timeouts after the penalty and no choice but to force it to the end zone.
So he was 25/33 with 5 awful drops that would have made him 30/33 and people are blaming Brady. I don’t get it.
5 drops? I can remember only 2 of consequence:

Edelman's 1st-quarter drop that likely prevented us from gaining a 1st down on what would've been 2nd/3 at Sh!tsdirt's 41, with a possible FG attempt at the end of that subsequent series;

and Gordon's drop on 3rd down at midfield during the opening drive of the 2nd half.

There were easily 5. Off the top of my head 3 by Edelman 1 by Gordon 1 by white.

Edelman's 1st-quarter drop that likely prevented us from gaining a 1st down on what would've been 2nd/3 at Sh!tsdirt's 41, with a possible FG attempt at the end of that subsequent series;

and Gordon's drop on 3rd down at midfield during the opening drive of the 2nd half.
Edelman has at least 3.

There were easily 5. Off the top of my head 3 by Edelman 1 by Gordon 1 by white.

Edelman has at least 3.
I hope you're not counting as a drop against White the ball that Brady threw BEHIND him on 3rd/8 during the 1st quarter, the same series in which Edelman had his 1st-down drop.

Was gronk doubled in this game? I don’t see a rewatch thread this week. And what happened to Gordon, why was he not more involved?

Was gronk doubled in this game? I don’t see a rewatch thread this week. And what happened to Gordon, why was he not more involved?

Gronk was doubled AND tripled in man.

He and Da Bruinz are basically ths same - you can’t criticize Belichick over anything.

You're talking out your bung hole there, Jr. You can criticize Belichick, but make sure you have actual facts to support your statements.. Not BS.. You don't seem to understand the difference.

I can read very well thank you and called you out on your attack on my intelligence. I dont need to argue with you over whether it was directly or indirectly said by you but by saying my comment was stupidity you are saying I am stupid. While claiming that wasnt what you was doing.

It's a pivot and pathetic. But I'm not surprised.

Clearly you can't read well because I didn't attack your intelligence. I attacked your stupid comments. Clearly you don't understand that smart people can say stupid things. That doesn't make them stupid. So, please stop with your lies. They are tiresome and don't actually help you.

No. It wasn't a pivot. It was fact. Something you clearly have issues with.

It’s not the fact that they are extreme over the top homers that bothers most of us, that’s totally understandable; but rather the fact that they simply don’t know how to have a reasonable debate with the ability to shake hands and move forward when all is said and done. They have no desire to keep things light, have fun, share knowledge, etc.

They are here to try and “win” arguments, many of which they manufacture themselves by resorting to name calling (“I didn’t say you were stupid, ‘huckleberry,’ I said what you said was stupid”), breaking down a hundred individual sentences like we’re in some type of debate class rather than just agreeing/disagreeing with the general point, and refusing to move on when it’s obvious that someone else has a different viewpoint. It’s mainly just the fact that the tone of the exchange goes to a dark place.

For awhile, I was actually convinced they were the same person with two different accounts, but over time it became apparent that one comes in much hotter in an attacking type of style, whereas the other is just more argumentative in general. It sucks.

It's laughable that you call me an "extreme over the top homer" when I have called out Belichick on numerous occasions. And, contrary to your BS claims, there have been plenty of times that I have had reasonable debates with people and just moved on.

It's also laughable that you can't even quote me properly nor do you understand that saying that comments are stupid doesn't mean that the person is stupid.

What sucks is when people like yourself insist on totally botching a characterization of a person and then you get your panties in a wad when someone destroys that characterization. 90% of my posts aren't argumentative. But you'd rather ignore that and paint yourself as a saint than admit you made a mistake.

Not like him but Brady is not being patient. Or, its a challenge thing where he is going to pass downfield and beat you anyway. Ninko said that Pitt played man coverage and not the zone that weve seen Brady cross cut shred.

Im no playcallaer, but what about 1.2 back (White) or someone throwing a pass downfield on 3rd down from the flat?

You're talking out your bung hole there, Jr. You can criticize Belichick, but make sure you have actual facts to support your statements.. Not BS.. You don't seem to understand the difference.

No, none of us can criticize Bill because you and Andy will just attack that person...every time. You want actual facts? Look at the team’s run defense and tell me who is responsible for that.

No, none of us can criticize Bill because you and Andy will just attack that person...every time. You want actual facts? Look at the team’s run defense and tell me who is responsible for that.
If you are including me in this, you are wrong.
Belichick is the least criticizable coach in nfl history because he is the best.
That doesn’t mean he can’t be criticized.
It also means that the wrong criticism needs to be responded to, which is what I do.
Please show me examples where I defended Belichick with no good argument. It does t happen.
Part of the problem with this board is people post impressions like they are facts and argue that they must be right because a lot of people think it.
Look at the “division games are tough” discussion.
Of course that’s a stereotypical widely held belief.
Yet we have people argued like triggered maniacs that the patriots winning 60 of 80 and 12 of 13 in the division is proof that division games are tough.
So I argue against ignorance.

I don't remember 5. I do remember 4.

1st: Edelman wide open over the middle. Brady hits him right in the numbers. Edelman drops it and the Pats end up punting.

2nd: Brady throws to White short of the sticks. A little behind White, but a very very catchable pass, especially for someone of White's caliber. White drops it, and the Pats end up punting.

3rd: Long pass (25ish yards) to the right sideline to Edelman. Edelman is contacted by the DB before the pass gets there (should have been DPI but no flag) but still, the ball hits Edelman right in the hands in perfect catching position and it goes through his hands.

4th: Third down play and Brady hits Gordon on a slant or in-cut. Would have been a first down. Right in his hands. Perfect throw. Gordon just plain old drops it. Pats punt.

Four huge drops. Here's what Brady's stats would have looked like if those passes had been caught: 29-36 (80.6%), 330ish yards (9.2 y/a), 1 td, 1 int. And that includes two "Hail Marys" at the end. Take those away and he's 29-34 on the day. Sick.

He had one horrific play. Otherwise, Brady was excellent against Pittsburgh. And for those saying that he missed James White at the end...... Chatham broke that play down and showed that given where the rush was coming from, there was no way Brady could have gotten that to him. Brady was very very very good against the Steelers.

Where have I criticized ANYONE for calling out the run defense? It's been atrocious. You can't find a single post where I've said otherwise. So take your lies and leave.

CrkqLPd.jpg

"So take your lies and leave."

Not like him but Brady is not being patient. Or, its a challenge thing where he is going to pass downfield and beat you anyway. Ninko said that Pitt played man coverage and not the zone that weve seen Brady cross cut shred.

Im no playcallaer, but what about 1.2 back (White) or someone throwing a pass downfield on 3rd down from the flat?

How THE FECK does Brady NOT know where White is there? Just awful QBing by someone who had enough time to go through ALL of his reads, even if White is the #5.

How THE FECK does Brady NOT know where White is there? Just awful QBing by someone who had enough time to go through ALL of his reads, even if White is the #5.

Yea, that was almost as bad as the pick.
overall our red zone offense is still a disaster. 3 trips netting 3 points. Unacceptable. There were many issues in that loss but if we simply converted red zone opportunities with moderate success (3 trips, 13ish points) we win that game.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/23: News and Notes
MORSE: Final 7 Round Patriots Mock Draft, Matthew Slater News
Bruschi’s Proudest Moment: Former LB Speaks to MusketFire’s Marshall in Recent Interview
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/22: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-21, Kraft-Belichick, A.J. Brown Trade?
MORSE: Patriots Draft Needs and Draft Related Info
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/19: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Back