PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Post Game Thread - Pats @ Steelers

Status
Not open for further replies.
I’ll put the pats chances of losing to two rookie QBs at home at statistically impossible
With how awful this run defense is, the opposing team doesn't need a QB. They need a 3rd string running back to put his pads on. The yards & points will come.

It's not a shocking loss, given the way things have played out this year. Of course, it's disappointing. Somehow it makes me feel better that Pittsburgh is so pathetic that they're giving people the day off or late mornings, like it's the Super Bowl.

There's still a chance we get a bye, but it's more likely that we'll host on WCW. It's not like we need the break to heal up; the team is surprisingly healthy. If Gomer and the dumb Giants can limp into the playoffs and win Super Bowls, then there's a chance for Belichick-Brady. As always in these situations, it's wait and see for me.

As the 3 seed Pats could have a path of Ten or Bal (at home) then in Hou to get to the championship game. I can think of worse.

When it comes to winning in the playoffs, first make the playoffs. Then pray for good health. The Pats - at this point - have the latter, and it is not a small thing. Injuries have destroyed a lot of playoff runs. After that, it is a brand new season. As much as you want to be playing well in December- it is not dispositive either way. And no one knows what the playoffs hold. Baltimore or LA could beat KC in week 2 and everything would change. The Pats are scuffling, but many of the wounds are self-inflicted. Try and win out, secure #3 - and likely see Tenn or Pittsburgh. Should not be hard to focus for either of those 2.
Edit: I think Pittsburgh loses at NO

Back to back losses in December? I'm not as optimistic as many in here.

With how awful this run defense is, the opposing team doesn't need a QB. They need a 3rd string running back to put his pads on. The yards & points will come.

33 carries for 293 yards and 8.8 YPC to the combination of Frank Gore, Brandon Bolden and Samuels. 3 pro bowlers for sure.

Embarrassing.

• Agree
Reactions: TBR
These last 2 weeks have convinced me that one of either Michel or Dawson should’ve been replaced with a DT in the draft.

I think Michel is good and will be a good back in this league going forward. But he’s not being used like a bell cow. Now granted he got hurt week 1 but if friendly fire doesn’t happen is this years team better with a rookie DT and a rb trio of white/hill/burk? I’d say yes.

Agree but the way they are achieving the record is leaving a nasty aftertaste
As fans we should cultivate the habit of taking things one game, one season at a time. Especially at this stage of BB/TB, I think taking each season for what it is vs. comparing/contrasting with prior "glory" years is important.

A wild card game isn’t fixing the issues on offense or defense. It goes much deeper than that. They’ll win that game, get their asses kicked in the divisional round, and then they’ll have to concentrate on re-tooling this roster. There are some wholesale changes that need to be made on both sides of the ball.

Well, if they draw Baltimore in round 1, I dunno if id even pick us to win that one. Baltimore is one of the few teams that doesn’t abandon the run whatsoever and will pound us all day.

Not talking about this game specifically but the main reason why we have looked off all year is the lack of impact youth players on the team. Many people have talked about this already but the drafting as of late hasn't worked out due to various reasons (injuries to Wynn, Bentley, busts, DeflateGate, etc.), and outside of Gilmore, Mason, Flowers, and a few niche impact players like White, Harmon, Andrews, every single top player on the squad is aging. To win a SB you need the players either on their prime (2015 Denver) or have a bunch of talented young players in their rookie contracts (2013 Seattle, 2017 Philadelphia), DUH!

We have Brady, Gronk, Edelman, DMac, Hightower, Ghost and a bunch of old dudes trying to get back to the Super Bowl after how many consecutive seasons of deep Playoff runs? Wear and tear is a real thing in all sports and we need some impact players to complement these old dudes, NOT depend on these old dudes. This upcoming draft is especially important for Belichick/Caserio to hit on the picks, or we might suffer another season similar to this one.
I want to agree with you, but this team isn’t “too old” to win a Super Bowl.

They literally were just there and most of their losses this year are due to mental errors and execution.

It’s the coaching, plain and simple.

McDaniels has been atrocious and Brian Flores is worse than Patricia. Is what it is.

Also supposedly this is a horrible QB class. We do not know whether Brady wants to play another year or just retire. If he retires #TankforTua :p

There’s one qb who’s worth it. Just need to convince him to give up baseball.

33 carries for 293 yards and 8.8 YPC to the combination of Frank Gore, Brandon Bolden and Samuels. 3 pro bowlers for sure.

Embarrassing.
Add Cooks 9/84 and it's even worse than the abomination it already is.

• Agree
Reactions: sb1
It's unfortunate that the team is in this situation at this point in time, with Brady's career coming to an end within the next 2-3, maybe 4 seasons.
Brady's going to be done in NE after next season unless he's willing to take a significant paycut when his contract expires after the 2019 season. Or unless Kraft overrides BB and pulls the Patriot equivalent of the Celtics shooting themselves in the foot by keeping the Big Three around too long.

As fans we should cultivate the habit of taking things one game, one season at a time. Especially at this stage of BB/TB, I think taking each season for what it is vs. comparing/contrasting with prior "glory" years is important.
I'm not talking about 2004.

I'm talking about dropping 3 of their last 5.

Agreed. Ben was ass today.

And as of now wild card weekend would once again be Ravens @ Patriots

Add Cooks 9/84 and it's even worse than the abomination it already is.

Yup. Cook is good so I didn’t count him but if you do then make that 42 carries for 378 yards. NINE fking yards every rush. Unacceptable.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Monday Patriots Notebook 5/6: News and Notes
Tom Brady Sustains, Dishes Some Big Hits on Netflix Roast Special
TRANSCRIPT: Jerod Mayo on the Rich Eisen Show From 5/2/24
Patriots News And Notes 5-5, Early 53-Man Roster Projection
New Patriots WR Javon Baker: ‘You ain’t gonna outwork me’
Friday Patriots Notebook 5/3: News and Notes
Thursday Patriots Notebook 5/2: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 5/1: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Jerod Mayo’s Appearance on WEEI On Monday
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/30: News and Notes