PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Post Game Thread - Pats @ Steelers

Status
Not open for further replies.
Except for all the games in the last few years where the offense had their 2-3 annual stinkers and got carried by the defense including a playoff home game against the Titans last year. This **** is getting really stale.

The defense is not designed to be some kind of dominant monster. It is supposed to be a unit that can situationally defend well and get enough stops for the offense to win games. But if your offense is so broken that they only score 16 points in the last 6 quarters then nothing will ever rescue you in 2018. Hell they had their first snap inside the Steelers redzone today at the end of the third quarter.

I just think it's fair to say that since 07 that it's been bradys car to drive and for the most part, it's been fine.

We just aren't used to this kind of inconsistency.

I can handle losing but there's just so many errors. Mentally and otherwise. The Patriots have always suffered with talent drain year on year, but there's been some misses with the draft classes in the last 3/4 years which has hurt. This team is a lot like 2006. Need's an infusion of talent in the trenches and the coaching has to get better, because it's as poor as the play right now.

That gameplan should be boxed up with all of the other road ones this year and shot into the sun.

You said the last 2 weeks. Last week he had 358 yards and 3 TDs. Just take the L, stop holding out hope that we all all have the same literacy issues you appear to

And six points in the entire second half including putrid stats. But, yeah, lets just average them against the one good half this offense played in a long time. Ever the apologists..

We had that guy!! Now because Brady stayed too long in a lot of ways....will set team back several years while they try to find the next great QB....like every other team...

Yup I was on here saying letting Jimmy go in favor of an aging brady was a BAD mistake. of course I got roasted. Now the ones doing the roasting are complaining.

wha wha wha.

Yeah, I’d been a fan of Brown. I’m off the wagon after today.
He should get fined every time he commits sloppy penalty going forward....and if still out of hand....CUT him

You said the last 2 weeks. Last week he had 358 yards and 3 TDs. Just take the L, stop holding out hope that we all all have the same literacy issues you appear to

My dude. The comprehensive disability you live with must make life really hard. I'm sorry for that. Life isn't always fair.

Agreed...pay the money and keep the stud....dump everyone else and rebuild the corps...need new coaching and vision....and need to build a kickA$$ D too!!

Where are these kick *** d’s you speak of? I see none in the nfl right now and the nfl wants it that way.

Your words to BB's ears. Our future is with BB GM not BB HC.
BB GM can NOT draft!!!! We need a good GM to buy the groceries and honestly I think it’s time for new insight and vision

What’s the big deal? This preseason many people including myself called this an 11-5 team more likely to win 10 games than 12. So it’s spot on. Their record is exactly what their roster issues suggested, a step down from last year. I think they’ll finish off with two home wins and go 11-5. That’s about where Vegas had them too.

What’s disappointing is they may be the most lucky team in the NFL from an injury perspective, and they somehow got a true number one receiver. For that reason they could have exceeded preseason expectations. Looking at their roster, it’s going to be hard to improve without a lot of young, improving assets and a very aging core group of key contributors. Again, 2009.

Need a home run draft like 2010 to cure their problems like 2009.

Brady can play another 4-5 years. He’s fine. His margin or error is razor thin because this team isn’t capable of controlling games, and it’s more 100x apparent on the road.

I just think it's fair to say that since 07 that it's been bradys car to drive and for the most part, it's been fine.

We just aren't used to this kind of inconsistency.

I agree and this is why I keep grading the defense on a different curve than the offense. This team is designed to win with offense and not defense. With the players on offense we should have seen more games like the one against the Chiefs where we score in the 30s or even 40s.

10 points in a game (or 6 in one entire half) will rarely cut it even if you had the #1 defense in the league. Not in 2018.

I see Brady now as a sort of equivalency with older drivers. Sure, maybe some always drove slow, but a majority probably didn’t. As they get older, they get more cautious and by driving slow they think its safer. But it isn’t. 2 weeks on a row Brady has said postgame his actions on some plays never should have happened ie his sack last week and the piss poor throwaway today. Also, couple that with his statements a few weeks ago about being more cautious now as he gets older....

Plus the refs blew. They had an agenda and carried it out. Keeps Pitt in the playoff chase and screws the Pats.

Strongly debating on going to work drunk tomorrow. Drink in the parking lot, chew some gum, walk in, try to work, maybe get fired. Who knows.
Sounds ambitious!

I honestly don’t think they are physically capable of it. They keep doing the “amoeba” to hide it but everyone knows they are simply not good enough. It’s not just DL either, they haven’t been able to find a number two linebacker even as good as ninkovich.

KVN is playing pretty much as well as Ninkovich. Unless you remember Ninks greatest hits and mistake them for his average games.

Why target Gordon past the first down mark when you can draw up a designed 3rd and 6+ play where another player is expected to catch the ball around the line of scrimmage and make guys miss to get to the sticks?
thinking-man-meme.jpg

Agree but seasoned, battle tested road warriors don't commit 14 f-ing penalties.

Unacceptable

As big a presence as he is, I’m leaning strongly against paying Trent brown big money. The man is a penalty machine. I still believe LT is Wynn’s future home. But I’m banking on him bouncing back from that injury.

If we do pay Brown it needs to be at cannons expense. That’s too much money to keep both.

My "weird expectations"....I am just trying to be objective and give my honest opinion.

I know everyone is upset about this loss including myself but let's not start getting personal with me. I try and treat everyone with respect here. We can have different opinions, but let's not start throwing around "weird" or any other similar remarks. Take that as a friendly warning.

The defense played a B-/C+ game and held the Steelers to 17 points. Hell they held the Steelers to 3 points in the last 3 quarters. If this is not an overall good game in 2018 then I cant help you and your weird expectations.

The defense will always be graded more leniently by me because they have less talent than the offense and have to play a game where the rules have changed to the point where they are in a consistent disadvantage. Add in the fact that they were on the field almost 20 minutes of the first half and the plot thickens.

Status
Not open for further replies.

TRANSCRIPT: Jerod Mayo’s Appearance on WEEI On Monday
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/30: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Drake Maye’s Interview on WEEI on Jones & Mego with Arcand
MORSE: Rookie Camp Invitees and Draft Notes
Patriots Get Extension Done with Barmore
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/29: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-28, Draft Notes On Every Draft Pick
MORSE: A Closer Look at the Patriots Undrafted Free Agents
Five Thoughts on the Patriots Draft Picks: Overall, Wolf Played it Safe
2024 Patriots Undrafted Free Agents – FULL LIST