PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Post Game Thread- Pats Destroy the Titans

Status
Not open for further replies.
Okay, but I'm just confused, how is Bill going to go to the Giants next week if they have to play next week? And how did the team perform so well considering that they hate their coach? It just doesn't make any sense!!!

Plus Guerrero and Kraft and last year’s model, Brady. What happened to the Great Patriot Imploding we were supposed to see? Script change!

Idk but he might lock Cooks out of the TB12 center this week :D

• Brandon Cooks needs to be more pliable.
  • He also has to learn how to high point a football.
  • He also has to learn that laying out for a football thrown outside the hashmarks is a requirement in the NFL.
  • He also has to learn that fighting for a football on a 50/50 ball is a requirement in N.E..

• Brandon Cooks needs to be more pliable.
  • He also has to learn how to high point a football.
  • He also has to learn that laying out for a football thrown outside the hashmarks is a requirement in the NFL.
  • He also has to learn that fighting for a football on a 50/50 ball is a requirement in N.E..
several good points

but i am not optimistic about those things changing in any significant way

Tom Brady has effectively been the starting QB of this team for 16 seasons, when you exclude his 7 minute appearance in 2008.

This is AFC Championship Game number 12.

Out of 16.

75%
75% is nuts. When Brady retires, the Lamar Hunt trophy should be renamed to the Tom Brady trophy. I realize that Lamar Hunt was critical to the development of professional football, and perhaps should be bestowed a greater honor, but Tom Brady is entering his 12th AFCCG. Montana is next closest at 7 (NFCCG), which is equal to the number of consecutive AFCCG Brady has been to. The super bowl era began 11 years before Brady was born, yet Brady has been in 23% of the AFCCG since then.

Edited for clarity

Last edited:
Where oh where are all the Garrapolites?

I thought they said they were Patriot fans?

How come they aren’t celebrating this playoff win?

I’m so surprised.

several good points

but i am not optimistic about those things changing in any significant way
Why worry, Chauncey FancyPants aka CutiePie? Cooks don't play for your team.

BILL THE GM....blah blah blah

Ehh....

Whether you call it "overcomes" or "makes do", Bill the coach often bails out Bill the GM.

Acknowledging that doesn't diminish what BB does. It's a good thing, like Brady overcoming a bad play call, or McDaniels overcoming a slightly off Brady with a good game plan. BB's does a good job on the GM side of things, but he's a much better coach than GM, and that allows him to make up for a lot of GMing deficiencies/mistakes, year after year.

75% is nuts. When Brady retires, the Lamar Hunt trophy should be renamed to the Tom Brady trophy. I realize that Lamar Hunt was critical to the development of professional football, and perhaps should be bestowed a greater honor, but Tom Brady is entering his 12th AFCCG. Montana is next closest at 7, which is equal to the number of consecutive AFCCG Brady has been to. The super bowl era began 11 years before Brady was born, yet Brady has been in 23% of them.

Screw the Lamar Hunt trophy. Just rename the Lombardi trophy the Brady/Belichick trophy. It would be totally justified, but of course, will never happen. Still, I think it would be the most "fair" outcome.

Along with that mind-boggling stat - 75% of years go at least to the AFCCG - you have to remember that, to date, about 1/2 of the Super Bowls in Brady's career have had the Patriots in them. About 1/3 of all SBs have been won by your New England Patriots.

There's never been a better single team to root for in the NFL, and since I'm more a football guy than other sports by a mile, I could just stop there. But this run is certainly in the running for "never been a better team to root for in all sports."

I freaking love this team.

BSPN's NFL Primetime minds are totally blown. They can't process seven straight AFCCG appearances. And the rest of the overall game dominance.

At some point, the numbers get so absurd that they become inarguable.

12 out of 16 years reaching the AFCCG
8 out of 16 years reaching the SB (if they get there this year)
35 postseason games played (would, obviously get to 37 if N.E. makes the SB)

Had Peyton Manning not come back in 2015, he'd have finished with a postseason record of 11-13. That means that Tom Brady would now have more AFCCG appearances than Manning had playoff wins. That didn't happen, and Tom will have to get to two more AFCCG games if he's to catch Peyton's postseason win totals now, but just think of how huge a gap between the #1 and #2 QB of the era that reveals.

ezgif-4-38ce7ef533.gif

Anyone who's ever watched Beastmaster knows that Amendola was lucky to escape alive.

That's the Brady we've been looking for! Defense looked good afternoon shaky start...

They'll get even better next week with Burkhead and Branch hopefully returning. Possibly Mitchell.

Branch could be facing an uphill battle the way RJF is playing and he is struggling. They suit 4 DTs this year . Guy, Brown, RJF and A.Butler are all doing their job well.

I do hope B-Rex is good to go next week. Some mixed reports on chances there.

And this MM tweet sort of says it for his chances.

Anyhow, this team doesn't need new bodies (although possibly losing Waddle and esp. JJ hurts). If Cooks and Butler who are struggling somewhat lately can bounce back next week it would be close to perfect.

A bit under the radar but it seems like Thuney bounced back nicely from his rough stretch, Wise as well taking advantage of a more situational role that he was supposed to play w/o all the edge misfortunes as is A. Butler. Most pieces are falling into right places at the right time and there's enough depth for the final two games..

I posted something last week about the Patriots D performing worse when they have supposedly great field position.

Curiously, duplicated today again. Two of their three deepest starting positions resulted in scores (although one was garbage time). Meanwhile on the 4 drives the Titans started at or beyond the 25 they gained a total of 30 yards.

That's not what you were actually posting.

I have finally decided Tom Brady is a system QB. Only thing is, he IS the system. He has been the focal point of everything Patriots going back to 2003 - when the Panthers were caught on mike saying how much they feared Brady having the ball at the end. Every team that plays NE has one primary goal - stopping Tom Brady. It has been that way for years, and remains that way at age 40.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Friday Patriots Notebook 5/3: News and Notes
Thursday Patriots Notebook 5/2: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 5/1: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Jerod Mayo’s Appearance on WEEI On Monday
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/30: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Drake Maye’s Interview on WEEI on Jones & Mego with Arcand
MORSE: Rookie Camp Invitees and Draft Notes
Patriots Get Extension Done with Barmore
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/29: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-28, Draft Notes On Every Draft Pick