PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Post Game Thread Pats @Broncos - Mile High Win!

Status
Not open for further replies.
The biggest positive was the defense. They will need hogan and mitchell to step up come the playoffs for the offense to flourish. They where invisible for the most part today.
You realize broncos are also professional players and incidentally have best pass defense in the game ? Not every team is the same and sometimes you need to give a nod to the other team. If your WRs dont do anything doesnt mean they need to suddenly step up. The other team has something to do with it.

The problem that Thuney seems to have is when he has to hand off someone.

One of the plays people were complaining about Thuney was already engaged and the Broncos brought someone late through the "A" gap. That's on Andrews to pick up.. That late defender through the "A" gap has been a boon of Patriots' centers since Wohlabaugh was the center. Koppen, Connelly, and Wendell also had issues with it.. Particularly against the Ravens and Giants..
Seemed like the stunting really confused him.

I'm confident Scar can get him to be more cognizant of the look in the future

pats lucky denver didnt have CJ who ran for like 200 yds and 2 tds last game

And before you say gronk. well you had gronk last year.

good game. Denver will be better next year. They just have nothing on offense that threatens anyone.

Booker and Dorsett? Gimme a break, nobody is afraid of them.

You're overlooking the fact that the Pats didn't have their starting LT or starting RT last year. They also had a rookie center, rookie RG and a LG with a bum shoulder.. But why quibble with facts when you can spew idiocy so well.

BTW, it's Forsett. Dorsett plays for the Colts..

In an alternate universe, the score was 59-0 and I won this weeks contest.

giphy.gif

You realize broncos are also professional players and incidentally have best pass defense in the game ? Not every team is the same and sometimes you need to give a nod to the other team. If your WRs dont do anything doesnt mean they need to suddenly step up. The other team has something to do with it.

Some people just dont understand the gameplan

That Ward clip makes me angry. Disgusting.
Eh. It ought to make you laugh. JE goes limp, Ward goes King Kong on him, hurls him to the ground, the does his flex pose right in the face of the ref throwing the flag on him for 15 and the end of the game.

What about this Mitchell catch (would be great to have the closeup slow-mo from broadcast).

Its not easy to wait all day in the fridge for the ball to come and then make this kind of throw stick.
MM Magic.

On the replay, you could clearly see Stewart grab Mitchell's facemask.. It went uncalled..

I was not convinced the D was going to be a contender through the first 10 weeks and I stand here to admit I was wrong!! The defense in the last 2 games has been outstanding. DMC has finally been in position to affect plays. The scheme has been masterful. Unbelievable win despite leaving a lot of plays on the field on offense. My only ***** is I wish we did less empty sets and ran more. Great effort, phenomenal win!! Couldn't be happier.

The biggest positive was the defense. They will need hogan and mitchell to step up come the playoffs for the offense to flourish. They where invisible for the most part today.
Or you can just chalk it up to Denvers D focusing on taking them out of the game and creating opportunities for other guys to step up. Look, I agree to a degree. Both guys had some plays they wish they could have back, but your comment makes it sound like these guys have been missing for months. They just played on of the best pass defenses in the NFL and made plays when they needed, I'll take that.

Wasn't the prettiest or high flying win, but so much encouraging things to take away from this game.

- Defense was shut down. They are capable of being amazing when they get aggressive and creative. Got to credit Patricia, these last 2 weeks have been the best I've seen this D look since the peak of our 3 super bowls in 4 years run. If it weren't for 2 gifts by our KR's last week, we're probably looking at 6 points allowed over these 2 games.
- Ran for 130 yards or so against Denver. Been a long time since we could run like this on Denver, probably 2012 and I don't think their defense was near this level at that time. I am actualy comfortable with possibly having to move the ball on the ground if the passing game stalls again, which is something we didn't have the last few years.
- Cannon shut down Von Miller, WOW. Kinda goes along with the last point, but the OL has me very hopeful. Playoff games are won in the trenches and this team is alot tougher than they've been in a long time.
- Brady didn't put up the monster #'s but was fairly efficient on manageable 3rd downs. Hogan dropped a big one that would have led to another score. No turnovers either, which is something he's struggled with in some of the key losses @ Mile High.
- Ryan Allen is our secret weapon. Keeps the other team having to drive the whole field.
- One of the bigger ones - Ghostkowski not only hit his kicks but they were all dead on like the Ghost of last year. PERHAPS he is over his issues but we'll see.
- Another win and no new injureis IIRC. I just wish Oakland would lose so we can wrap up HFA next week and rest some of the dinged against Miami.

I just hope our other wrs do a better job of getting open next week. If tommy's gonna lock only on edelman than we are in big trouble come the playoffs. Sometimes you can't shy away from challenging their corners. How about some slants?

Eh. It ought to make you laugh. JE goes limp, Ward goes King Kong on him, hurls him to the ground, the does his flex pose right in the face of the ref throwing the flag on him for 15 and the end of the game.

Besides the Unnecessary Roughness Call, they could have called Taunting since Ward decided to basically stand over Edelman after that..

Status
Not open for further replies.

MORSE: Patriots Draft Needs and Draft Related Info
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/19: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/12: News and Notes