PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Post Game Thread - Pats beat Vikings

Status
Not open for further replies.
I mean, If you throw it incomplete you stop the clock. You avoid this potential outcome altogether, you keep the clock running and force a Minn timeout.

The main goal here if the player is not completely open is to avoid a turnover as on every play. All the clock consideration -- especially if you are 2 scores up -- is nice but not particularly relevant. The amount of time it would have saved would have been at the very least a wash if you punt the ball back and they start about 20-25 yards farther back.

Maybe I'm too demanding of TB and his guys... If our D can play like this in all games going forward, I'll be very confident in our team

Oh there is nothing wrong with being demanding. If we want to win a title the offense will have to perform more consistently because the defense will -- depending on the matchup -- sometimes look like today and on other days -- when facing less favorable matchups -- allow 25+ points.

But none of the allegedly elite teams have a defense that is anywhere close to the Vikings so I am kinda happy with the trajectory we are on.

Michael Giardi

@MikeGiardi

"I just thought the play was cheap..." - Adam Thielen on what led to his exchange with Belichick. Questioned the timing of Pat Chung's injury in that short yardage situation. #Vikings #Patriots

What crap is Thielen spouting ?

Chung went to the ground right after the play when the Vikings wanted to quick snap the ball to prevent BB throwing a flag.

Every time they threw to Josh something good happened. Not so with Edelman or Gronk, who get first looks. They need to adjust the offense. Flash, Hogan and Dorsett can give them a good vertical game. We need not and should not rely so heavily on JE, Gronk and White. Better balance, including the running game will make them very hard to stop. They are not there yet.

#19 from Vikings,Thielen, low level, underfed failed specimen dares to open his stupid mouth to Belichick.

The main goal here if the player is not completely open is to avoid a turnover as on every play. All the clock consideration -- especially if you are 2 scores up -- is nice but not particularly relevant. The amount of time it would have saved would have been at the very least a wash if you punt the ball back and they start about 20-25 yards farther back.

Fair point.

I think if the refs didn’t gift the Vikings the 1st down on that 4th down stop, we aren’t even talking about a poor decision. Oh well, wins a win.

Next up Miami ! Brady's house of horrors after Denver.

Man I love me some December Patriot Football, and that's exactly what we saw. When the Pats are running on all 8 they take away what you do best on offense and their offense takes what you do best on D and uses it against you. It isn't always sexy while it's happening but at the end of the day nothing is as sexy as the W that comes with it.

Sun Tzu would love him some Pats

Every time they threw to Josh something good happened. Not so with Edelman or Gronk, who get first looks. They need to adjust the offense. Flash, Hogan and Dorsett can give them a good vertical game. We need not and should not rely so heavily on JE, Gronk and White. Better balance, including the running game will make them very hard to stop. They are not there yet.
Vikings game plan was to shut down Gronk and Gordon

That last tweet makes me feel a certain kind of way
you're so zipped up all the time...being a mod has suppressed your inner Pats fan...get up, go outside and scream to no one or anything in particular "YES!!!!".

Now , didn't that feel good? It's OK to let the inner homer express himself...in fact , it should be a daily requirement...;)

Good overall win and (seemingly) made it through without more injuries

Gronk looks cooked. D didn’t miss Shelton at all. Burkhead being healthy is important.

It’s a shame that Houston has an easy schedule going forward. Pats have to basically win out to ensure a bye

I think they missed him, but only because the bench wasn’t tipping from his dead weight.

Approaching 5 minute mark, second down, was there a particular reason we didn’t hand it off twice more?

The pick seemed 100% unnecessary. Cousins isn’t scoring 14 points in 4 minutes or less at Gillette.

Yes. The Pats were down to one time out after losing the challenge on the spot. It was 5:44 or so and they needed to keep the drive going. There was way too much time on the clock to think the Vikings could get two TDs. Fortunately the Vikings ate up another 90 seconds and gave the ball back. Harmon's interception was a thing of beauty, but as the ball was coming in, it was dead on target to the Vikings receiver.

This was a good tough win over a playoff-caliber team. The defense is getting better just as it does every year under Belichick - fewer points, fewer yards. The offense is dangerous with so many weapons - Burkhead looked good as a change of pace back, and Develin was a battering ram.

The Patriots can clinch the AFC East next week in Miami. The Dolphins have a train speeding down the tracks at them.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/25: News and Notes
Patriots Kraft ‘Involved’ In Decision Making?  Zolak Says That’s Not the Case
MORSE: Final First Round Patriots Mock Draft
Slow Starts: Stark Contrast as Patriots Ponder Which Top QB To Draft
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/24: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/23: News and Notes
MORSE: Final 7 Round Patriots Mock Draft, Matthew Slater News
Bruschi’s Proudest Moment: Former LB Speaks to MusketFire’s Marshall in Recent Interview
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/22: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-21, Kraft-Belichick, A.J. Brown Trade?
Back