PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Post Game Thread - Pats beat Vikings

Status
Not open for further replies.
Defense was stellar! Being able to hold Diggs and Thielen for only 78 yards (and 10 catches) is really good and it shows that we are ready to deal with Pitsburgh (althought their Rushing capabilites are way better)

Our Offense is very hot and cold still... Fouls, bad playcalling and poor execution often show up in our games and combined, no less. We are running out of time to smooth things over, but it's clear that if we are able to pull it all together we are near unstopable.
You do realize they had 24 points and almost 500 yards of offense vs a top 3 defense?

Probably to tell him he's a great player who he respects. This is Bill Belichick. The man's an unfathomable machine. His respect for Thielen probably grew after that exchange.
I agree. Two feisty competitors

Great team win again.

Our corners were unbelievable good today. They have held one of the best WRs duos in the league to minimal yards.

Tackling was great.

Refs really pissed me off at times with the spots at times.

Brady played well and looked more like himself. All in all a good game.

Still worried about our coverage on kick offs though.

According to the NFL's stats it's officially official:

RUSHING ATTEMPTS YARDS
Tom Brady 2 5

The forward kneel down preserved the 1,000 yards!
DtcWwEIVAAA5Wul.jpg

The Patriots have four legitimate cornerbacks that can hang with anyone in the league. The front seven needs work, but when they do get pressure not even the best receivers in the league can get much separation. Gilmore's easily among the top tier of corners in the game, McCourty's solid, and Jackson and Jones are both developing players capable of hanging with anyone. As we saw today, against two of the league's best.

Brady was good today so was Gordon when he finally got a target.

Offense is spreading the ball around - red zone passing needs to be better:

Interception was just a good play by the Vikings D.

Defense was great.
The interception was related to the rush. Every QB takes a hit on their accuracy when the rush is in their face.

By the way, good call to @PP2 on this being a statement game.

152 yards rushing against a top 5 run defense. That doesn’t suck.
Michel is a baller.

One thing I've noticed is that he almost never gets caught in the backfield, because he isn't scared of contact. I see lots of Running backs, especially smaller ones, to start "jumping" behind the OL to find an opening (I blame Bell for this). Not Michel.

If someone can get hold of the number of negative runs for him, I bet is gonna be really low.

I think vikings missed a trick in the 1st half by making just short throws and calling running plays. But that is the case with teams which come to gillette. Their talent level doesnt matter, its the attitude which doesnt help them.

Solid rushing production vs. an elite DL. OL held up well for the most part in pass protection.

Might be our best CB trio since 2014 moving forward if Jackson can play. J-Mac looking great in the slot for a second week in a row.

Nice W.

The interception was related to the rush. Every QB takes a hit on their accuracy when the rush is in their face.

By the way, good call to @PP2 on this being a statement game.

Brady's two worst throws came against Harrison Smith blitzing. In both cases he knew it was coming. He could have altered the protection but instead relied on his receivers getting open. In both cases he locked on Edelman, who was covered well, and in the second instance he threw it behind him. I do think Brady needs to start bringing in a player to protect in situations like that, play it safe in a way he didn't in the past because his receivers aren't aleays open and his one step drop passes aren't always on target (I don't think the preponderance of the blame lies with either, but both are the case)

Vector...take a happy pill

Minnesota scored 10 points...this isn't art class where you get rated on style points. A 14 point win is a stamp of effectiveness.

Brady was good today- that INT was just a great play

No. That Int wasn't a great play. It was a horrible throw by Brady. Edelman wasn't open by any stretch of the imagination. If you're throwing that pass, you have to be giving it a bit of an arch to get over the defender's head and letting Edelman run through it..

Approaching 5 minute mark, second down, was there a particular reason we didn’t hand it off twice more?

The pick seemed 100% unnecessary. Cousins isn’t scoring 14 points in 4 minutes or less at Gillette.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Patriots Kraft ‘Involved’ In Decision Making?  Zolak Says That’s Not the Case
MORSE: Final First Round Patriots Mock Draft
Slow Starts: Stark Contrast as Patriots Ponder Which Top QB To Draft
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/24: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/23: News and Notes
MORSE: Final 7 Round Patriots Mock Draft, Matthew Slater News
Bruschi’s Proudest Moment: Former LB Speaks to MusketFire’s Marshall in Recent Interview
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/22: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-21, Kraft-Belichick, A.J. Brown Trade?
MORSE: Patriots Draft Needs and Draft Related Info
Back