PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Post Game Thread - Pats beat Vikings

Status
Not open for further replies.
You do realize they had 24 points and almost 500 yards of offense vs a top 3 defense?

We also have more than a couple of drives where we were really bad. Luckily we got out of it pretty fast, but this incosistency is happening all season, except against the Chiefs, maybe. Sometimes they can last for whole games....

All I'm saying is that we need to play for 60 minutes come january. Our D played like it today, so it's only fair to expect that an TB 12 lead offense could do the same.

Brady's two worst throws came against Harrison Smith blitzing. In both cases he knew it was coming. He could have altered the protection but instead relied on his receivers getting open. In both cases he locked on Edelman, who was covered well, and in the second instance he threw it behind him. I do think Brady needs to start bringing in a player to protect in situations like that, play it safe in a way he didn't in the past because his receivers aren't aleays open and his one step drop passes aren't always on target (I don't think the preponderance of the blame lies with either, but both are the case)

Personally what confused me is why he'd even attempt this pass given the time left and being 2 scores up. Throw it away if Edelman doesn't give you a window to throw it low. But don't throw it high into space that is just asking for trouble.

We also have more than a couple of drives where were really bad. Luckily we got out it pretty fast, but this incosistency is happening all season, except against the Chiefs, maybe. Sometimes they can last for whole games....

All I'm saying is that we need to play for 60 minutes come january. Our D played like it today, so it's only fair to expect that an TB 12 lead offense could do the same.

The two three & outs were bad but you rarely have games against top defenses without some of them happening. They have to clean up all the penalties but apart from that I thought this was one of the better performances by the offense.

Personally what confused me is why he'd even attempt this pass given the time left and being 2 scores up. Throw it away if Edelman doesn't give you a window to throw it low. But don't throw it high into space that is just asking for trouble.

I mean, If you throw it incomplete you stop the clock. You avoid this potential outcome altogether, you keep the clock running and force a Minn timeout.

Great win against a super bowl contender. I'm still confused how they seem to turn the offense on and off. I'm sure they could have thrown to Gordon in the first half but didn't till late. They certainly rise up for these big games. Gronk needs to take next week off.

I still don't trust the offense, but I will take this win. We humiliated that whining punk, chump Thielen, his suck QB, and his overrated defense.

Our defense though...

I love the passion and the fire. I love Belichick telling Thielen to shut his mouth. I love how they humiliated that scrub Thielen. I'm sold on this defense.

Brady needs to be thanking Harmon and Jonathan Jones something big. They are who saved the win for the Pats.

Well... They needed 2 TDs to tie the game. Brady's INT only allowed them one chance to score.

I do see your point though. Brady is starting to become a liability and the defense is still on fleek.

We are on to whatever trash is left on our schedule.

Might be our best CB trio since 2014 moving forward if Jackson can play. J-Mac looking great in the slot for a second week in a row.

Most unlikely combination before the season or even not long ago (with slot battles between Rowe, JJ, Dawson, Cyrus..) but I agree this trio looks like the best combo. Huge game for JC. Hopefully he can build on it. Hard to expect consistency from him but improvement is visible each game. He does bring some flag risks but like said before could be another butler in the making..

Last edited:
We also have more than a couple of drives where we were really bad. Luckily we got out of it pretty fast, but this incosistency is happening all season, except against the Chiefs, maybe. Sometimes they can last for whole games....

Agree Jay...just see this team getting behind early in playoffs and struggling to keep up...Gronk and Edelman seem slow or dropping passes a lot....and McD playcalling has been pretty rough.....if we r being honest great win tonight....but tough road ahead

The two three & outs were bad but you rarely have games against top defenses without some of them happening. They have to clean up all the penalties but apart from that I thought this was one of the better performances by the offense.
Maybe I'm too demanding of TB and his guys... If our D can play like this in all games going forward, I'll be very confident in our team

Gordon was killing them lol
The defense was encouraging

Yes but that's football. On the contrary to what many in the fan base believe, they do not play perfect for 60 minutes and never have

Last edited:
Good overall win and (seemingly) made it through without more injuries

Gronk looks cooked. D didn’t miss Shelton at all. Burkhead being healthy is important.

It’s a shame that Houston has an easy schedule going forward. Pats have to basically win out to ensure a bye

Status
Not open for further replies.

TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/12: News and Notes
Not a First Round Pick? Hoge Doubles Down on Maye
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/11: News and Notes