Status
Not open for further replies.
One day later, im still kinda pissed

I’m pissed, disgusted, and...

giphy.gif

Lol

Damn.

OL needs to do their job (run blocking)

In NJ the NJ TV channel number 12 is showing yesterday's finish of the game every 10-15 minutes. It's a constant relive.

This is awesome.

Imagine our team has gotten to the point where the highlight for every AFC East team is when we lose a game that may very well end up not mattering.

Lol

Damn.

OL needs to do their job (run blocking)

Burkhead just doesn't look like he's in game shape yet, IMO. Last year and when he was healthy this year I remember him being a significantly more powerful runner than he's been so far.

“Nobody died”

Nor did they after SB 52

Brady played one of his best games of the year.

Nobody got open in the endzone at the end of the 1st half AND end of 2nd half. That's 6 damn plays to score a TD from 1st & goal.

Sure. Except for that whole forgetting they were out of timeouts and taking a sack at the end of the half.

Good news is that when the playoffs start Pats tend to abandon the run*, and just role with Brady :cool:

*Obvious exception when playing the Colts :D
Only if they can't run effectively like yesterday.

This could be the worst loss I've ever experienced as a fan because of the way we lost. The 1st Giants superbowl was bad but this is just a terrible terrible end to the game. I don't even know how to react. I'm just dumbfounded. How could we lose like that?

I generally try not to let games get me down too much. We were waiting to go out and watching the last few seconds before we left and when that travesty happened I just stormed out of the house swearing my head off. Took me a good 20 minutes to calm down. Just such a stupid way to lose a game.

Funny you say this. A client walked in today wearing a fins hat. He was next to a guy that was a skins fan, and near them a woman wearing a Niners scarf. Skins guy makes a comment to fins guy about what an incredible play that was. How great it was for the fins playoff hopes. Fins guy tells him “it’s as if once a year, they are replaced by a completely different team. Name on the back of the Jersey is the same, but players are different and for that one game, they knock out the giant that is the Patriots.” He went on to explain “I don’t let these once a year victories get my hopes up. At the end of the day, the fins are the fins.” Skins guy says “well at least you have a quarterback. The back up qb to our back up qb just got benched for his backup, and our starting qb might lose his damn leg!” At this point the Niners gal decides to pipe in about the misfortune of JG. So yeah, it could be a whole lot worse.

I also think the overall point of my first post didn’t come across right. I was merely trying to point out that this years team has done a great job of making all the weaknesses I hear about these other teams a strength. Hence the bizarro/DC reference and the attempt at bringing some humor to the conversation.

I don’t know why that would warrant a (Raaawr. Save yourself some time and stop following the team you bandwagon turd!) type of response.
Your post seemed like you should give up. Never mind

With nearly 48 hours o cool off and reflect, some thoughts....
** I'm old enough to remember the other Miami Miracle when Doug Flutie won a game with no time left..Granted it was college and BC back in 1984 but now we know what it feels like to be on the other side....
** If the team had to lose a fluke game, I'd rather it be during the season and not in the playoffs with a freak helmet catch or something......goes without saying. Each year there is always a wtf type of game, hopefully this was it....
**The game may turn out to matter wrt a first round bye or it may not. Granted a win would have been nicer giving the team a little cushion but with every game of paramount importance, it ramps up to playoff mode a little early....
**The team's road record scares me the most. 3-4 is not typical for a Patriots team ( They were 4-4 in 2002 and 2013 and 2-6 in 2009)
** I have a feeling the mantra "all 60 minutes" is going to be resonating around Gillette this week.....

Last edited:
I just wanted to say I hate the idea of Gronk in even in an actual hail mary situation, or any offensive player for that matter. Put the guys in who play defense for a living I don't care about their height. If height was that big of a risk they'd throw hail marys four times a game. I think it's a way overthought play to defend.

This is awesome.

Imagine our team has gotten to the point where the highlight for every AFC East team is when we lose a game that may very well end up not mattering.
The way this season is going that's going to be our form of highlights soon too

With nearly 48 hours o cool off and reflect, some thoughts....
** If the team had to lose a fluke game, I'd rather it be during the season and not in the playoffs with a freak helmet catch or something......goes without saying. Each year there is always a wtf type of game, hopefully this was it....
We've had like at least 3 wtf games already though. Two of which have come in the last month.

We've had like at least 3 wtf games already though. Two of which have come in the last month.
Yes, this was simply one of the divisional losses that happen almost every single season. The “WTF” game was likely either to DET or TEN. I don’t even know if I’d count JAX, since it was early in the year.

I’m not sure why so many expect a sweep in the division, because it doesn’t really happen all that often. I’d like to say that we’ll know a lot more about this team after this Sunday’s game, but I’m hesitant to say that with the Bills and Jets at home to finish out the season. Barring a Steelers beatdown or impressive defensive performance (MIN had me fooled a bit), we may be guessing all the way into January.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Patriots Kraft ‘Involved’ In Decision Making?  Zolak Says That’s Not the Case
MORSE: Final First Round Patriots Mock Draft
Slow Starts: Stark Contrast as Patriots Ponder Which Top QB To Draft
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/24: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/23: News and Notes
MORSE: Final 7 Round Patriots Mock Draft, Matthew Slater News
Bruschi’s Proudest Moment: Former LB Speaks to MusketFire’s Marshall in Recent Interview
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/22: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-21, Kraft-Belichick, A.J. Brown Trade?
MORSE: Patriots Draft Needs and Draft Related Info
Back