PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Post Game Thread- Bills beat the Pats

Status
Not open for further replies.
Not really any point to trying to win any more games this season. Trade some of our bigger cap hits before the deadline, get the young guys some looks, and try to improve our draft position. Wins at this stage are completely pointless.
Wins are never pointless.

I don't know how to feel about that game there.

We had a lot of positives (myers, harris), the offensive play calling was really good in the 2nd half, and the cam TD drive was amazing! The punch out from cam was terrible timing. Onside kick was an absolute disgrace!

It feels terrible to have lost AGAIN, especially a close game like that.:crying:

Much work needed in the draft!

The plus side is there was more than enough in that performance to convince me we will destroy the jets next week.:D

Would anyone be surprised if Cam is released tomorrow? I really wouldn’t be. It’s a lost season and I can see BB go with Stidham the rest of the season to see what he has.

He was better in the 2nd half.

But if he can't get us past the Jets.... then, yeah. Something like that will happen.

Would anyone be surprised if Cam is released tomorrow? I really wouldn’t be. It’s a lost season and I can see BB go with Stidham the rest of the season to see what he has.
I’m hoping he is. Worst player on this team in 20 years.

no, no it doesn’t. One losing season and he’s gone? Cmon man
Losing season - not necessarily.

2-14 absolutely yes. That would be 13 losses in a row including two to the Jets. With a roster that has no business losing 14 games. There would be talk that he lost the team. And obviously the Brady questions. He’d be gone without a doubt in my mind.

Imagine Josh coaching this group? We wouldn’t have to worry about tanking this year. The Patsies would have a prime top 3 pick every year so I’m sure we’d get our QB of choice sometime.

People who are saying the seasons over: it was over months ago when Brady left and belichick did zero to upgrade the receivers or tight ends.

I mean what's the real benefit if this team actually made the playoffs? The only winnable games the rest of the season against the Jets and if I was belichick I would everything in my power to lose those games and that includes keeping Newton a quarterback.

How bad will we have to be to land #1 overall? Is 4-12 too much. It's hard to envision us not winning at least one of the Jets games.
Comsidering the Jets would be our main competition for it..... yes that's way too much especially since you are conceding one of the next two wins will be to the Jets. We only get the number 1 pick via losing out at this point

Wins are never pointless.
You should tell the Jags front office that. A pointless win in Oakland last season cost them the chance to draft Tua and knocked them down multiple draft slots. We’re not making the playoffs this year, so what good does a win do?

2-14 absolutely yes. That would be 13 losses in a row including two to the Jets. With a roster that has no business losing 14 games. There would be talk that he lost the team. And obviously the Brady questions. He’d be gone without a doubt in my mind.

Imagine Josh coaching this group? We wouldn’t have to worry about tanking this year. The Patsies would have a prime top 3 pick every year so I’m sure we’d get our QB of choice sometime.

I disagree.

You have a starting QB:
-with 2 touchdown passes at the near midpoint of the season,
-that is pulling his Superman routine on a rushing touchdown from the 3-yard line after Harris earned the majority of the yards on the drive, and
-is not protecting the football in critical situations.

Is this who Bill starts next week?

Cammy is the worst player this team has had in 20 years. He snatches defeat out of the jaws of victory.
I personally think that title still belongs to Chris Harper, but *shrugs*.

I’m not. That would mean Bill is gone.

I enjoy watching a competitive team that is fun to watch and plays hard instead of the Patsies again. Which we would be without BB.
They wouldn’t fire Bill over that. He has too much goodwill.

I hear the line of thought and i'm not saying it's all wrong, but BB has earned himself some clout to not be jettisoned after one 2-14 season after 19 competitive years.

I honestly think belichick is low-key tanking That's why even after last week's debacle He continues to start Newton.

I honestly think belichick is low-key tanking That's why even after last week's debacle He continues to start Newton.

I’m not sure I agree with that, but that onside kick really threw me off.

Status
Not open for further replies.

TRANSCRIPT: Patriots WR Javon Baker Conference Call
TRANSCRIPT: Layden Robinson Conference Call
2024 Patriots Draft Picks – FULL LIST
MORSE: Did Rookie De-Facto GM Eliot Wolf Drop the Ball? – Players I Like On Day 3
MORSE: Patriots Day 2 Draft Opinions
Patriots Wallace “Extremely Confident” He Can Be Team’s Left Tackle
It’s Already Maye Day For The Patriots
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots OL Caedan Wallace Press Conference
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Day Two Draft Press Conference
Patriots Take Offensive Lineman Wallace with #68 Overall Pick
Back