PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Post game and Post preseason

Status
Not open for further replies.

BobDigital

Pro Bowl Player
Reaction score
It is all in the books except for the final 53. What final thoughts do you have after seeing all 4 games and the practices notes?

Thoughts about this game and the others and predictions. All welcome.

Great showing by Mingo today. It would be hilarious if he turns out to be good along with Sheard.

Hey Cleveland, anyone else you're ruining that we can take off your hands? (I can think of someone).

My main take away is i think the CB situation is still so unlcear. I have no idea what they will so. Maybe just go LeBlanc/Coleman but IDK. I would be surprised if Jones didn't make it.

Gaffney seems like he will pass through waivers. The OL again played okay tonight on the whole but not perfect. This D looks like maybe the best in the NFL when healthy.

My main take away is i think the CB situation is still so unlcear. I have no idea what they will so. Maybe just go LeBlanc/Coleman but IDK. I would be surprised if Jones didn't make it.

Gaffney seems like he will pass through waivers. The OL again played okay tonight on the whole but not perfect. This D looks like maybe the best in the NFL when healthy.

sorry but this D doesn't even come close to being as good as Denvers. Denvers D last year was one of the greatest of all time. And you can say Elway went out and spent a fortune on talent, but his talent on D definitely exceeds ours. Von Miller alone is the best in the NFL.

sorry but this D doesn't even come close to being as good as Denvers. Denvers D last year was one of the greatest of all time. And you can say Elway went out and spent a fortune on talent, but his talent on D definitely exceeds ours. Von Miller alone is the best in the NFL.
I disagree this team has no weaknesses On Defense they can give Denver a run for top Defense.
Houston
Seattle
Oakland will also be in the convo for top defense.

Something new this preseason is hightower playing DE on 3rd and long. He embarrassed the LT on the first series sack.

3rd down D will be scary
Possible players

DE Hightower nink long sheard McClellan flowers Mingo
DT sheard long flowers Johnson brown
Lbs Collins Hightower Mingo McLellin

Any 6 of those 10 could be on the filed in dozens of different combinations and where they lineup won't give the offense a clue.

I disagree this team has no weaknesses On Defense they can give Denver a run for top Defense.
Houston
Seattle
Oakland will also be in the convo for top defense.

Come on really? Denver's D is clear cut better than NEs. Both on Paper and in Production, and they are FAR more proven. Did you see what they did to our O line last year?

Our defense will allow fewer points this year than Denver. No doubt.

FFS! Fauria needs to stfu. Mingo didn't dominate on every play. What is with local broadcasters and cutting to people. Both the Pats and Giants feed had stupid freaking cutting to someone or something. Then they cut back to the players on the field just as the play starts so I'm unable to identify who I'm looking for to watch. You know some people actually want to see the players battling for the final roster spots. Unbelievable! :rolleyes:

I think we need to keep Mingo on the roster to see if he can improve with more time in the defense. Do we keep KGH or Jonathan Jones to man one of the gunner positions? If we take KGH, Roberts to PS. If we take Jones, Leblanc to PS. If possible of course.

Gaffney continues to struggle with blitz pickup.

If Martin is injured badly, Dobson is going to make this roster until Amendola comes off PUP. LOL!

I love me some Anthony Johnson! He's our Easley!:D

Fauria's an idiot.

My dream of 23-0 is over!:(

But my dream of 19-0 still lives! :D

Great showing by Mingo today. It would be hilarious if he turns out to be good along with Sheard.

Hey Cleveland, anyone else you're ruining that we can take off your hands? (I can think of someone).
I just realized something.

Mingo ended up being the draft pick we were supposed to get from Cleveland for Mallet a few years ago. :rolleyes:

Come on really? Denver's D is clear cut better than NEs. Both on Paper and in Production, and they are FAR more proven. Did you see what they did to our O line last year?
Denver's D this season is not the same Denver D of last season. You only need to look at the players who left and the injuries sustained this season to understand that. Now, that doesn't dismiss the fact that Denver will be a damn handy D, but last year, Von Miller caught fire like we hadn't seen him catch fire before. Can he repeat that form now he's been paid?

Foster shows explosiveness but needs to work on ball security. I think Gaffney being injured definitely secures Foster a spot in the top 53. Martin's injury buys Dobson some time. Derby has been more impressive than Bennett in this offense (I guess the extra year studying the playbook makes a difference). Bennett has not impressed me at all, hopefully it's just preseason funk and he plays off of being on the field at the same time as Gronk. But damn, Derby looks excellent, looks more like a big WR than TE out there, so athletic.

Anthony Johnson HAS to make the top 53, he looks unstoppable out there. Nickname is the freak, and he's living up to that. Mingo looked good, has a non stop motor, love that.

Really like the athletes on this defense. Collins and Hightower are beasts, and can really wreak havoc on teams. Add in Long, Mcclellin, Flowers, Grissom, Mingo, Ninkovich and Sheard, and this team has a ridiculous amount of guys who could get constant pressure on the QB. And let's not forget the pocket crushers at DT. All of this makes a good secondary even better. I hope BB releases the hounds and brings a furious defense down on our opponents.

O-line still sucks so Idk. Thuney alone won't make a huge difference, the line is really as good as your worst lineman.

I can't wait to see Patriots fans collectively meltdown as Dobson makes the team...again LOL (does coincide with Amendola going on PUP and Keyshawn Martin injury).

Chris Long looks good out there, looks like Jones won't be as missed as we expected.

Defense collectively as a whole was pretty good. Not Denver-esque but we are arguably top 5.

RB should be a big battle. Blount and White should be locks. Gaffney, Bolden and DJ Foster will probably battle for RB3 and RB4. Bolden could be dropped as we have a lot of good ST players.

RB - looks set; Gaffney to PS

WR - Dobson might make it for another 4 due to injuries - but not in my book

TE - Derby 7/11, always opened. Harbor could be valuable in running game but maybe redundant w Develin
Bennett disinterested. I believe he'll join the Gronk party ok.

OL - hope Solder is ok for week 1; a mess at RG - no one looks good there; Fleming got a lot of reps; I just hope the don't carry 10

DT - Id keep both Kuhn and A Johnson over Dobson or even King (PS eligible)

DE/LB - unbelievable depth and speed and just everything. Everybody's in on Collins-Mingo, but Long looked great again, better and more confident every game. Id keep them all except Rufus (PS), Grissom struggles on the line but he never gives up. Good job on STs today.

CB - Coleman is in. D. Roberts got priority over JJ today. Solid. KGH the best gunner today. JJ let TD play. Doesn't look good for him, unfortunately I feel someone takes him from waivers.

S - Harmon looked impressive again. #1 in my eyes.

ST - much improved, Cyrus a big plus, new gunners (KGH, JJ) scary, a game changing unit that gives us a great chance in Arizona (especially if Gost wakes up).

Exciting deffense, suffering offense. Foster looks like the guy to set our offence free (somewhat like lewis last year). Just hope they dare put him in over White.

All in all the only worry remains the same - the OL. They don't help the run, they are not consistent in pass protection. Hope Solder is ok for week 1.

@Cardinals - low score and win on turnovers

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/23: News and Notes
MORSE: Final 7 Round Patriots Mock Draft, Matthew Slater News
Bruschi’s Proudest Moment: Former LB Speaks to MusketFire’s Marshall in Recent Interview
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/22: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-21, Kraft-Belichick, A.J. Brown Trade?
MORSE: Patriots Draft Needs and Draft Related Info
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/19: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Back