PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Post game and Post preseason

Status
Not open for further replies.
I really wanted Dobson to do something. I really don't dislike him. But there is simply no THERE there.
37 yarder was a nice play. Not enough of THAT kinda play. 7 targets only 3 catches. Loved when we drafted Dobson, but he needs to go see the Wizard of Of and get a heart.

My main concern for this team is obviously the offensive line. I think our defense has the capacity to be great, a top 10 D.

We've got the offensive firepower...but damn this line is what may be our downfall again. Too much hinges on Solder staying healthy. We lose him and we are back to the miserable situation of last season except we have Scar this time around.

The story seems easy:

Brown, Branch, Valentine, Johnson
Sheard, Long, Flowers, Ninkovich
Collins, Hightower, Mingo
Butler, Ryan, Coleman, Jones, LeBlanc
McCourty, Chung, Harmon, Richards

Possibly the best Pats defense since 2003.

We have been accustomed from years of Brady/BB carrying average defenses. IMO fans will be surprised to have a unit that can carry the offense if necessary. If Butler can make the leap to All-Pro status then the D could be #1 in PPG. Jamie C could be a DPOY candidate too.

EDIT: Another thought is that Ryan was awesome in the third preseason game. Him taking another step forward would be pleasant surprise.

Last edited:
The story seems easy:

Brown, Branch, Valentine, Johnson
Sheard, Long, Flowers, Ninkovich
Collins, Hightower, Mingo
Butler, Ryan, Coleman, Jones, LeBlanc
McCourty, Chung, Harmon, Richards

Possibly the best Pats defense since 2003.

We have been accustomed from years of Brady/BB carrying average defenses. IMO fans will be surprised to have a unit that can carry the offense if necessary. If Butler can make the leap to All-Pro status then the D could be #1 in PPG. Jamie C could be a DPOY candidate too.

This isn't being talked about enough. That front 7 is the deepest I can ever remember. They have guys to defend every type of offense, and depth that can withstand injuries if need be.

I am getting giddy, and I really think Jimmy is going to surprise people to start the season.

I am comfortable at QB, WR, RB,. and defensive line. Again it's the OF line I worry about with young QBs they need protection.

My main concern for this team is obviously the offensive line. I think our defense has the capacity to be great, a top 10 D.

We've got the offensive firepower...but damn this line is what may be our downfall again. Too much hinges on Solder staying healthy. We lose him and we are back to the miserable situation of last season except we have Scar this time around.

This defense was top 5 last season. I say it can, and should, be a top 3 defense. I'll be disappointed if it isn't.

Think about this.

DJ Foster looks like a real, legit NFL player. He looks more like a real NFL player than a lot of drafted players.

How guys like this don't get drafted is beyond me. Maybe BB needs to punt on the draft and just go UDFA. It's working pretty well in recent years.

Come on really? Denver's D is clear cut better than NEs. Both on Paper and in Production, and they are FAR more proven. Did you see what they did to our O line last year?

Last year is last year this year is this year. We don't know about anybody's team yet/.

Ol'honest Jimmy has these at a slight markdown for 29.99 from 249.99

nike2772232-men-s-barkevious-mingo-elite-alternate-jersey-51-nfl-nike-cleveland-browns-orange.jpg

Nike2772232 Men's Barkevious Mingo Elite Alternate Jersey - #51 NFL Nike Cleveland Browns Orange

THANKS !!!

Just bought one (in brown). Can't go wrong at that price for a Nike shirt. And hell Cleveland is now our minor league affiliate anyway. I'm going to like wearing it - especially with how I believe Mingo will fit in with Collins, Hightower, Sheard, Ninkovich, Flowers etc.

Another piece of the puzzle. Gonna be fun to watch the Defense play this season.

Go Browns ! ( I mean Pats !!!)

Think about this.

DJ Foster looks like a real, legit NFL player. He looks more like a real NFL player than a lot of drafted players.

How guys like this don't get drafted is beyond me. Maybe BB needs to punt on the draft and just go UDFA. It's working pretty well in recent years.

His college coaches change his position. That threw off a lot of scouts.

His 40 time of 4.53 is OK for a RB and WR.

Teams need to dig to see what he can do.

Fortunately, the Pats dig better than anyone.

Think about this.

Don't give the Omissioner any ideas.

Status
Not open for further replies.

TRANSCRIPT: Jerod Mayo on the Rich Eisen Show From 5/2/24
Patriots News And Notes 5-5, Early 53-Man Roster Projection
New Patriots WR Javon Baker: ‘You ain’t gonna outwork me’
Friday Patriots Notebook 5/3: News and Notes
Thursday Patriots Notebook 5/2: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 5/1: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Jerod Mayo’s Appearance on WEEI On Monday
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/30: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Drake Maye’s Interview on WEEI on Jones & Mego with Arcand