PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Post game and Post preseason

Status
Not open for further replies.
How soon will we hear roster moves?
Trades for a back and a Tackle would be nice.
Still think Roberts looks like he belongs moreso than Jones or Leblanc.
Leblanc is a great try hard player Roberts and Jones have much more upside with Jones having the most upside.
Roberts is smooth never beaten badly and 2 steps within man coverage with more reps and coaching he can be a decent number 2.
He needs to make the 53 if not someone will snatch him he wont sniff the practice squad.

Lucien is destined for IR another camp for the team to kick the tires on him.
Harper is done or PS
Deandre Carter practice squad destined.
Dobson is a enigma one crazy world he can make the practice squad next crazy world hes trade bait more than likely he goes unclaimed and signs with a new teams practice squad maybe the Rams.

Interesting name to monitor ... silently emerged as the less bad RG option
Could be a surprise name on initial 53 (before Cooper, Mason hopefully take over).

Fleming is hard to call. He went in for Solder. They clearly see him (or want to see him) as top back up for LT. They also used him a lot in running game as 6th OL in previous games. And with Solder again possibly a ? looks like they are keeping him. But more often than not he just doesn't look good ...

After watching last night and the rest of the preseason games, there shouldn't be too many surprise cuts. I think A. Johnson, Derby, Coleman and Foster make the cut.

The one interesting position that I'm not sure about is WR....because of Amedola's health status, does Dobson now make it as the 5th WR, behind Edleman, Hogan, Mitchell and Martin?

Come on really? Denver's D is clear cut better than NEs. Both on Paper and in Production, and they are FAR more proven. Did you see what they did to our O line last year?

broncos defense lost their leading tackler (treviathan) and their best DL (jackson) on the surface, that might not seem like much, but their depth this year is for ****........and then there's the Wade Phillips factor......every good year is followed by a sucky one.....book it

Our defense will allow fewer points this year than Denver. No doubt.
Especially since Denver's defense will have more opportunities to give up points since their offense wouldn't be as good as last year...........

After watching last night and the rest of the preseason games, there shouldn't be too many surprise cuts. I think A. Johnson, Derby, Coleman and Foster make the cut.

The one interesting position that I'm not sure about is WR....because of Amedola's health status, does Dobson now make it as the 5th WR, behind Edleman, Hogan, Mitchell and Martin?
Depends on Martin's injury. And Mitchell. And DA. Need healthy WRs.

I would be shocked if DA isn't on the PUP.

I don't know what game Giardi was watching but he was wrong about Dobson and Barker.

On the swing pass to Hogan, Dobson had no chance to get to the defender because the defender was already lined up wide and off the line. That gives the defender the advantage to get around the blocker.

Barker was f'in horrible last night. Barker's missed a block that led directly to a sack. And when he was pulling, he never made it out past the other blockers to open things up for the runner. Foster's ability allowed him to get outside on one of the plays.. The other play, the man that Barker should have blocked is the one who made the play on Foster.

Last edited:

Was positively surprised by this as well ... and surprised it was not noticed since this was one ? area we couldn't see @CAR.

He certainly isn't selling himself short ...

Was positively surprised by this as well ... and surprised it was not noticed since this was one ? area we couldn't see @CAR.

He certainly isn't selling himself short ...

No question hes making this team.

Mike Reiss ‏@MikeReiss 3h3 hours ago
Film review stuff: After praising OT Marcus Cannon thru 3 preseason games, last night represented slight step back for him in limited action

Hate to see what the film looked like for Kline!!!!

Some good stuff from Andy Benoit from MMQB:

Some of these we know already but still good to get some national recognition.

Mike Reiss ‏@MikeReiss 3h3 hours ago
Film review stuff: After praising OT Marcus Cannon thru 3 preseason games, last night represented slight step back for him in limited action

Hate to see what the film looked like for Kline!!!!

The good news for Cannon is that a slight step back for him, at least in this preseason still means a good one overall. Hope he can keep up the pace when the lights shine bright. :)

Status
Not open for further replies.

TRANSCRIPT: Jerod Mayo on the Rich Eisen Show From 5/2/24
Patriots News And Notes 5-5, Early 53-Man Roster Projection
New Patriots WR Javon Baker: ‘You ain’t gonna outwork me’
Friday Patriots Notebook 5/3: News and Notes
Thursday Patriots Notebook 5/2: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 5/1: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Jerod Mayo’s Appearance on WEEI On Monday
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/30: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Drake Maye’s Interview on WEEI on Jones & Mego with Arcand
MORSE: Rookie Camp Invitees and Draft Notes