PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Portnoy ups the towels to 70000

Status
Not open for further replies.
Sidewalks are public right aways. Handing out towels to wipe sweat in a late summer opener is a heartfelt gesture of charity. If they aren't being sold, no qualm with law enforcement. You dont need a license to hand out gifts.

I'm considering helping pass out the clown towels. I just want to make sure I get it done early so I don't miss anything. There's a little tunnel just before one of the Rte 1 crossings that would be a perfect place to hand them out. It's narrow enough that I could get one to just about anyone who walked through there.

I'm surprised that people think Kraft will stop people taking them in or they cannot hand out on Kraft property considering the Kraft family owns a chunk of Draftkings. LOL, wonder who put pressure on their CEO to make the offer to Barstool... Robert Kraft my money is on, saying that Draftkings is a Boston company.

IF roger shows up, hoping that people sitting near owners box go out of their way to make sure he gets a good view of the towels I don't know how they can not show the towels at all on air, plus it's on NBC not ESPN so maybe there's some hope? lol

IF roger shows up, hoping that people sitting near owners box go out of their way to make sure he gets a good view of the towels I don't know how they can not show the towels at all on air, plus it's on NBC not ESPN so maybe there's some hope? lol
Fairly certain regardless of ESPN/NBC they will not be intentionally showing them. There will be no crowd shot with announcers saying something about the clever fans.
But also if this image is as abundant as we hope then it will be seen in the background all night. There will be no way to hide it.

Fairly certain regardless of ESPN/NBC they will not be intentionally showing them. There will be no crowd shot with announcers saying something about the clever fans.
But also if this image is as abundant as we hope then it will be seen in the background all night. There will be no way to hide it.

When we were at the Jags game...a few people sitting on the opposite side of the stadium were wearing clown shirts --- they really show up.

The color of the shirt and the image are hard to miss, all the way across the field.

I'm pretty sure tens of thousands of towels waving along with thousands of people wearing their shirts will really show up on the broadcast, even if they do try to keep from showing them. It will be impossible to hide.

I'm just hoping that we do indeed get a real "clown out" at Gillette and not be disappointed with smaller than expected participation.

Announcers and production crew will be told to avoid commenting or showing any crowd shots
Might not work, NFL hasn't stopped Florio from exposing them on PFT (NBC).

I would literally die of laughter if when revealing the new banner, instead someone has hijacked it and it has the clown out face. Now in blockbuster movie world this would happen, why can it not happen I say.

We'll see how much control the NFL has over the media now.

Roger can only win in 1 of 2 ways.
1) Accept the full impact of all of the #clownout (and ask for a raise from RK)
2) Squash any visual pictures and a complete media non-coverage for pictures. There's no way to avoid social media, but the mass media doesn't have to get involved (though they should).

Though, you know they'll get a knucklehead soundbite who can't articulate why we are so pissed at the league.

I hope it hits the MSM and they get some good fans who talk rationally why we Patriots are doing this (and pull in similar things like Elliot in Dallas and the Saints).

We'll see how much control the NFL has over the media now.

Roger can only win in 1 of 2 ways.
1) Accept the full impact of all of the #clownout (and ask for a raise from RK)
2) Squash any visual pictures and a complete media non-coverage for pictures. There's no way to avoid social media, but the mass media doesn't have to get involved (though they should).

Though, you know they'll get a knucklehead soundbite who can't articulate why we are so pissed at the league.

I hope it hits the MSM and they get some good fans who talk rationally why we Patriots are doing this (and pull in similar things like Elliot in Dallas and the Saints).
You had me until "talk rationally."
Ain't gonna happen for a while.

You had me until "talk rationally."
Ain't gonna happen for a while.
You know what I mean. Don't get somebody up there who just says, "We hate Roger Goodell" or "Roger sucks because he shafted Brady", You can say it with emotion, but not make Patriot fans look bad (but any reporter would have his share of each and pick and choose the soundbites)

Maybe Portnoy should have put the 5 talking points on the back of the towels :) (too late know) :D

Can you stash one away for me and send it to Canada? :D

I really wish portnoy did t-shirts instead of towels. If everyone wore t shirts, the whole country will see the shirts every time they show the crowd on the broadcast. With the towels, people will wave them and then put them on the ground during the game. Oh well, towels are better than nothing.

Last edited:
I really wish portnoy did t-shirts instead of towels. If everyone wore t shirts, the whole country will see the shirts every time they show the crowd on the broadcast. With the towels, people will wave them and then put them on the ground. Oh well, towels are better than nothing.

Its not your money right? Are you going to cry to the moderators to have this post removed too?

Its not your money right? Are you going to cry to the moderators to have this post removed too?

So now you are bitter and going to pick a fight with me over this? As many have pointed out, Portnoy could have appealed to the public to help him fund this. It didn't have to come from his pocket.

So now you are bitter and going to pick a fight with me over this? As many have pointed out, Portnoy could have appealed to the public to help him fund this. It didn't have to come from his pocket.

Portnoy is doing at least something. Which is more than I can say for sevearl here who have been critical of him. How much have you contributed to this cause?

I am not picking a fight. I am telling you the way it is. I am not bttter at all? Why would I be bitter that you cried to moderatores for help? You actually just admited it by accusing me of being "bitter" about it. Its actually embarassing for you that you even went there.

Anyway, let us review:
You asked for Fitzgerald in a thread the other day.
I pointed out how stupid that was
You claimed you were "joking" even though there was no hint of it in your post
I proved that you were a repeat, habitual Fitzgerald guy
I showed multiple posts of yours going back to 2011 showing you asking for Fitzgerald (which at the time may or may not have been reasonable - but that is not the point here).
I exposed you as lying about joking (which you were - admit it)
What is worse - You went to the moderators and asked for the posts to be removed to spare you the embarassment

You made a stupid post, were called out about it, lied about making it and then cried to the mods to get rid of the evidence.

Denying it makes it worse, strawmaning it into me picking a fight with you isnt going to work eithe not deflecting it into me being bitter.

hahaha this is so much fun. I can't wait.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Patriots Kraft ‘Involved’ In Decision Making?  Zolak Says That’s Not the Case
MORSE: Final First Round Patriots Mock Draft
Slow Starts: Stark Contrast as Patriots Ponder Which Top QB To Draft
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/24: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/23: News and Notes
MORSE: Final 7 Round Patriots Mock Draft, Matthew Slater News
Bruschi’s Proudest Moment: Former LB Speaks to MusketFire’s Marshall in Recent Interview
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/22: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-21, Kraft-Belichick, A.J. Brown Trade?
MORSE: Patriots Draft Needs and Draft Related Info
Back