PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Poll: Will BB trade for a WR, or TE, or both, or neither... before the deadline?

THE HUB FOR PATRIOTS FANS SINCE 2000

MORE PINNED POSTS:
Replies:
Very sad news: RIP Joker
Replies:
OT: Bad news - "it" is back...
Replies:
2023/2024 Patriots Roster Transaction Thread
Replies:
Asking for your support

Will BB trade for a WR, or TE, or both, or neither... before the deadline?

• WR

Votes: 6 9.5%
  • TE

Votes: 7 11.1%
  • Both WR and TE

Votes: 4 6.3%
  • Neither

Votes: 29 46.0%
  • RLKAG

Votes: 17 27.0%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
Does bill ever do what we think he's going to do? He'll probably trade for a defensive back or d lineman

Ah, the magical "someone else". Who is this magic person? Will he pick up the system mid season? What will the Patriots have to give up to get him? Why is he available in the first place if he's an obvious upgrade?

If he is good, they will find the way to integrate him into the offense in a matter of weeks. It is obvious LaCosse cant be trusted to stay on the field, he is injured every other game. TE position is a glaring weakness of this team, the best player in the group is 38 years old while the other two options could end up on the waiver wire without anyone in the league paying much attention to it.
Personally, I would give up 2nd round pick for a good TE, since it will be wasted anyway, but our salary cap situation prevents us from making big splashes.

Does bill ever do what we think he's going to do? He'll probably trade for a defensive back or d lineman
could happen

SCENARIO ONE
Chung or Jones could be hurt, and we could be picking up a DB who will help us this year, and also next year when we are likely to lose a couple of defensive backs. If value is there, I would think that a safety (replacing Richards) would be a fine acquisition.

BTW, such an acquisition would have little effect on decisions to pick up upgrades at other positions.

SCENARIO TWO
Bennett could be replaced by someone who better fits the defense.

Last edited:
Wait, so we’re not adding him before the deadline?

I don't think the kicker position is getting enough attention. This is a huge issue moving forward. Every time the Patriots are faced with 4th and 3 or less at the 38 yard line, they are going to be faced with a difficult decision.

Need to get running plays working better, so whatever we need to make that happen (OL, FB, TE). Ben could take care of TE part. Don't see need for WR at the moment if Harry will be back.

I don't think the kicker position is getting enough attention. This is a huge issue moving forward. Every time the Patriots are faced with 4th and 3 or less at the 38 yard line, they are going to be faced with a difficult decision.
That’s not a difficult decision. They’ll go for it in a close game or punt at the end of the game with a lead. Over the past 10 seasons, there have been 11 FG attempts, 11 punts, and 53 offensive plays from the 38 with 1-3 yards to go.

Every time the Patriots are faced with 4th and 3 or less at the 38 yard line, they are going to be faced with a difficult decision.
You can move it up to the 28 yard line and they’ll still have the same difficult decision. It is what it is, but Nugent isn’t going to be drilling too many 45 yarders, let alone 55 yarders like in your scenario.

Word

Shaky Nugent has taken BB right out of his normal game day management.

I am still hopeful for Vernon Davis.

That’s not a difficult decision. They’ll go for it in a close game or punt at the end of the game with a lead. Over the past 10 seasons, there have been 11 FG attempts, 11 punts, and 53 offensive plays from the 38 with 1-3 yards to go.

Point being Nugent is a liability out there.

What's your prediction?

Talking trades only here... this would not count him picking up any of the free-agent flotsam or jetsam floating around the league... or, uh... um...

...yeah... o_O

Huh? Are you "allowed" to post a poll?
I thought only mosslost could do that.

Status
Not open for further replies.

MORSE: Thoughts on Patriots Day 3 Draft Results
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots Head Coach Jerod Mayo Post-Draft Press Conference
2024 Patriots Draft Picks – FULL LIST
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots CB Marcellas Dial’s Conference Call with the New England Media
So Far, Patriots Wolf Playing It Smart Through Five Rounds
Wolf, Patriots Target Chemistry After Adding WR Baker
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots WR Javon Baker Conference Call
TRANSCRIPT: Layden Robinson Conference Call
MORSE: Did Rookie De-Facto GM Eliot Wolf Drop the Ball? – Players I Like On Day 3
MORSE: Patriots Day 2 Draft Opinions
Back