PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

POLL: Who will the Pats QB be...from the draft, or a trade, in the future, or next year, or after Cam, or with Cam next year, or who knows what

THE HUB FOR PATRIOTS FANS SINCE 2000

MORE PINNED POSTS:
Replies:
Very sad news: RIP Joker
Replies:
OT: Bad news - "it" is back...
Replies:
2023/2024 Patriots Roster Transaction Thread
Replies:
Asking for your support

Who will the Pats QB be?

• Justin Fields

Votes: 16 22.5%
  • Mac Jones

Votes: 2 2.8%
  • Trey Lance

Votes: 4 5.6%
  • Jimmy G

Votes: 16 22.5%
  • A "second tier" guy in the draft

Votes: 12 16.9%
  • A "I don't even know what tier this is" guy in the draft

Votes: 1 1.4%
  • Cam Newton for life. Pass the hemlock

Votes: 20 28.2%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
Justin Fields. Gets a year to sit and learn from Cam Newton, and becomes the starter come 2022. Stidham has no value, I doubt he would fetch 5,6 round pick so just cut him.

Not sure what we have in Stidham, last year he was set back by a hip injury, so the jury is still out.

There was no TC or preseason to allow him to develop and show what he's got.. although I am not convinced that he is the real deal, also am not sure he is not based on the body of evidence...

Jimmy G is a poster child who is loved by local media, even though they bash BB for trading him to SF.. but not that huge a fan.

Think they will go for a Trask, Mond or Mills type QB that can develop in the Pats system..

I dont really want Jimmy G. I keep thinking about his terrible superbowl and how the 49ers were afraid to throw the ball....that and injuries.

Put me on the Mond bandwagon....that being said, it's Cam forever and pass me the blunt.

You get Fields,that’s your franchise QB for the next 10 years. You just have to build your team around him like they did with Brady.

agree the poll is worded weird and doesnt take into account the very real possibility that even if they got up to 4 for Lance or Fields, Newton will probably still be the week 1 starter. So if it’s who do they draft to be the QBOTF?
New thread title: "Who do the Patriots draft to be the quarterback of the future? Unless they trade for Jimmy G or someone else, then they wouldn't draft him, they would trade, but you get what I mean. And the future would likely be sometime next year, but maybe not. Cam might still start for awhile. And if they draft a second-tier guy or lower, he might not really be the QB of the future, more of taking a flyer on the guy, so take that into account. And maybe it'll be Stidham. Anyway, vote now!"

THEN MAKE YOUR OWN DAMN POLL YOU SON OF A *****

Sorry, long day at work.

latest

Well, the reason I don't set up my own poll is because they are hard to set up. I suppose I should have said that too. Yet I get a bit triggered when people go out of their way to :poop: on Cam. I get it, he ain't great, but chances are still strong he's going to be on our team this season and be the week one starter so IMO we should have some base line respect for the man. He ain't QB for life, he's on a one year contract for cheap money. 7-9 is disappointing for last season but IMO it could have been far worse. There's a reason he was given a 2nd contract, he's at least serviceable in our system. Note how Hoyer didn't get an offer and is now on the Jets.

I'd love to see a simple "what will we do at 15?" poll but the set of choices would be difficult to nail down. Maybe I'll take a shot at it, then you can throw :poop: at me.

Till then, maybe some day we can have a drink one sonnava***** to another...

latest

Well, the reason I don't set up my own poll is because they are hard to set up. I suppose I should have said that too. Yet I get a bit triggered when people go out of their way to :poop: on Cam. I get it, he ain't great, but chances are still strong he's going to be on our team this season and be the week one starter so IMO we should have some base line respect for the man. He ain't QB for life, he's on a one year contract for cheap money. 7-9 is disappointing for last season but IMO it could have been far worse. There's a reason he was given a 2nd contract, he's at least serviceable in our system. Note how Hoyer didn't get an offer and is now on the Jets.

I'd love to see a simple "what will we do at 15?" poll but the set of choices would be difficult to nail down. Maybe I'll take a shot at it, then you can throw :poop: at me.

Till then, maybe some day we can have a drink one sonnava***** to another...
All good my friend, just having some fun. (Although the poll about "Glassapollo" that doesn't actually have a poll seems to be getting some traction, so maybe that's the way to go. Nothing triggers this board in both directions as much as Jimmy G though)

On Cam, I don't dislike the guy and I guess that seems a little harsh in the poll, all in fun. If he plays for the Pats, of course I hope he does well. From what he showed last year it's not an exciting prospect to be rolling with him, but who knows what will happen.

New thread title: "Who do the Patriots draft to be the quarterback of the future? Unless they trade for Jimmy G or someone else, then they wouldn't draft him, they would trade, but you get what I mean. And the future would likely be sometime next year, but maybe not. Cam might still start for awhile. And if they draft a second-tier guy or lower, he might not really be the QB of the future, more of taking a flyer on the guy, so take that into account. And maybe it'll be Stidham. Anyway, vote now!"
Better. Much better. Get it done sir

The starter will unfortunately be Cam. Maybe a second tier rookie will take over midseason. While it isn't what I expect, I certainly won't write off a trade up for Fields or even a different QB we see as less of a fit.

Take Jimmy for a 4th then trade up to 11 to take Waddle or Smith if either is there. Stay put for highest rated CB if there isn't

Day 1 starter could very well be Cam but I expect them to draft QB high (call it first 2 rounds), I don't think Belichick back burners the QB position unless he just hates all the prospects way more than the conventional wisdom.

Did the board do it again or did the board do it again?!!?

69 votes (hat tip Gronk) and zero for Mac Jones. NAILED IT

Status
Not open for further replies.

Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/12: News and Notes
Not a First Round Pick? Hoge Doubles Down on Maye
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/11: News and Notes
MORSE: Patriots Mock Draft #5 and Thoughts About Dugger Signing