PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

POLL: Who will the Pats QB be...from the draft, or a trade, in the future, or next year, or after Cam, or with Cam next year, or who knows what

THE HUB FOR PATRIOTS FANS SINCE 2000

MORE PINNED POSTS:
Replies:
Very sad news: RIP Joker
Replies:
OT: Bad news - "it" is back...
Replies:
2023/2024 Patriots Roster Transaction Thread
Replies:
Asking for your support

Who will the Pats QB be?

• Justin Fields

Votes: 16 22.5%
  • Mac Jones

Votes: 2 2.8%
  • Trey Lance

Votes: 4 5.6%
  • Jimmy G

Votes: 16 22.5%
  • A "second tier" guy in the draft

Votes: 12 16.9%
  • A "I don't even know what tier this is" guy in the draft

Votes: 1 1.4%
  • Cam Newton for life. Pass the hemlock

Votes: 20 28.2%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

aluminum seats

Pro Bowl Player
Reaction score
OK, it's almost showtime. And as we all know, nobody knows anything. But I thought it would be interesting to see what people's best guesses were, and if we have a consensus at all here. So time to commit: come this time next week, who's the Pats QB?

I truly have no freaking idea, but my guess is one of the "second tier" guys...feel free to get more specific in the comments, I don't know who the hell they are.

Since I don’t believe the 49ers are looking seriously at Lance or Jones, I’d say this is the probability in order...

1. Lance
2. Jones
3. Trask

The team has reportedly done a ton of HW on #3 and, while he doesn’t have the strongest arm, he was asked to read the defense a lot at the collegiate level pre-snap and post-snap. I have a 3rd round grade on him, personally, but he has a lot of intangibles that the Patriots prize over a lot of other teams. I’m not sure Lance would fall past Denver. If the Pats were to trade up to 7, he would be my guess.

Since I don’t believe the 49ers are looking seriously at Lance or Jones, I’d say this is the probability in order...

1. Lance
2. Jones
3. Trask

The team has reportedly done a ton of HW on #3 and, while he doesn’t have the strongest arm, he was asked to read the defense a lot at the collegiate level pre-snap and post-snap. I have a 3rd round grade on him, personally, but he has a lot of intangibles that the Patriots prize over a lot of other teams. I’m not sure Lance would fall past Denver. If the Pats were to trade up to 7, he would be my guess.
Trask makes sense to me in the third. Kind of reminds me of Brady in the sense that he doesn't jump off the page at all but has all those intangibles as you said. Smart. Not a guy who will start right away but maybe with time.

I like the idea of a poll, but it's not set up very well.

Cam is more likely than not going to be on our first week roster, and more likely than not is going to be our starter unless somehow JG ends up here since he already knows our system. That means nothing about him being around for life, or even beyond this season. He is a place filler, nothing more, nothing less.

I think they'll also end up with a developmental QB, either "second tier" or "who?". The price for trading up is too rich.

OK, it's almost showtime. And as we all know, nobody knows anything. But I thought it would be interesting to see what people's best guesses were, and if we have a consensus at all here. So time to commit: come this time next week, who's the Pats QB?

I truly have no freaking idea, but my guess is one of the "second tier" guys...feel free to get more specific in the comments, I don't know who the hell they are.
Second-tier quarterback (Mills or Mond) in the 2nd round and Micah Parsons, Penn State LB at 15. Keep it simple....

Bb has some weird infatuation with newton. No way anybody but newton starts 2021 at qb!

however if newton is newton again next season, bb will only change qb’s if someone can beat out newton in practice!

Hoping we go with a rookie prospect

im really surprised how much people are giving Jimmy G a pass with his injury history. Most would have been labeled injury prone a long time ago, and I can't imagine people would be thrilled going from Brady who has been one of the most consistent, reliable QBs for 20+ years to Jimmy Glass

Bb has some weird infatuation with newton. No way anybody but newton starts 2021 at qb!

however if newton is newton again next season, bb will only change qb’s if someone can beat out newton in practice!
If you are right we can kiss this season goodbye.

I like the idea of a poll, but it's not set up very well.

Cam is more likely than not going to be on our first week roster, and more likely than not is going to be our starter unless somehow JG ends up here since he already knows our system. That means nothing about him being around for life, or even beyond this season. He is a place filler, nothing more, nothing less.

I think they'll also end up with a developmental QB, either "second tier" or "who?". The price for trading up is too rich.
THEN MAKE YOUR OWN DAMN POLL YOU SON OF A *****

Sorry, long day at work.

Cam will be cut and head off to Washington. Bill loves Jimmy G regardless of the fact the dude is less durable then Chad Pennington. The Pats will draft a nobody in round 3 or 4 and hope it works when we all know it IS NOT a long term solution for the team. If that happens it tells you Bill isn't long for the HC position in N.E.

Jared Ryan Stidham......It’s Stid’s time to shine baby!!!! You didn’t even put him in your poll ....shame on you!!! ;)

James Richard Garoppolo
Please No....ship has sailed and Garoppolo has proven to be unfortunately VERY injury prone and is best used as a game manager. Might as well go for a more durable version in Mariota if that is your idea of offense.....Jimmy is a waste of picks right now.....I think Stidham gets the start finally....they will pick up Trask in second and Newton will HOPEFULLY hold the clipboard or get cut

Package Stidham with a late rd or future 3-4th rd pick and ship ‘em over for Jimmy. Come draft time, snag yourself a guy like Mond or Mills or Trask even in the 3rd rd down if they are available.

Let the 2 vets battle it out and let the room sit back and learn the ins-outs of the game from 2 guys who have experience on what NOT to do if you want to win a Super Bowl.

BB HATES being proven Wrong...he wants to show everyone why he is the genius and they are average.....he picked up Newton off the scrap heap after everyone passed. Hype videos looked good and all of a sudden every mediot is talking about how brilliant BB is....and that Cam looks good and is motivated and Driven....and then media goes on to say how brilliant BB is again....and NOW....BB has to commit to the player ...and prove to everyone that they WHIFFED....and he is a genius....until the player (ie Newton) keeps ####ing the bed and making horrific decisions....then BB will eventually have to admit that he messed up!

I love Mond... He'll be a steal... even if they trade for Jimmy I'd still draft Mond in the 2nd (assuming they still have their 2nd). If they don't get Jimmy and took Mond with #15, honestly, I wouldn't even be mad.

Don't know much about any college players. Watched his highlights. Which means I know nothing about him. But I hate seeing one look throws. No progression whatsoever. Scripted runs. So I call him a raw talent that needs work and the Pats have the best coaching staff to bring the best out of him.

Field's film, on the other hand, shows him going through multiple reads and making a solid throw. Plus the athleticism. Based on highlight film only I'd take Fields over Lawrence.

Anyway, I don't care who they take because I trust that the Pats know what they're doing.

Deshawn Watson

Kraft knows that a massage is not a crime.

I agree the poll is worded weird and doesnt take into account the very real possibility that even if they got up to 4 for Lance or Fields, Newton will probably still be the week 1 starter. So if it’s who do they draft to be the QBOTF? I’m voting Lance cuz I love his upside, the price should be reasonable (I think he is still there at 7 where 15,46, and a future 2nd gets it done) and a year learning from Cam and BB should get the absolute best out of him. Now if the question is who starts week 1 I vote Newton.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/12: News and Notes
Not a First Round Pick? Hoge Doubles Down on Maye
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/11: News and Notes
MORSE: Patriots Mock Draft #5 and Thoughts About Dugger Signing
Matthew Slater Set For New Role With Patriots
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/10: News and Notes
Patriots Draft Rumors: Teams Facing ‘Historic’ Price For Club to Trade Down