PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Poll: Who will make it to the 3rd exhibition game?

THE HUB FOR PATRIOTS FANS SINCE 2000

MORE PINNED POSTS:
Replies:
OT: Bad news - "it" is back...
Replies:
Very sad news: RIP Joker
Replies:
2023/2024 Patriots Roster Transaction Thread
Replies:
Asking for your support

Which of the following players will make it to the 3rd exhibition game. Vote for all that apply.

• Jacoby Brissett

Votes: 22 44.9%
  • Cyrus Jones

Votes: 9 18.4%
  • Kony Ealy

Votes: 10 20.4%
  • Dion Lewis

Votes: 22 44.9%
  • All of the above

Votes: 29 59.2%
  • None of the above

Votes: 1 2.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

Deus Irae

PatsFans.com Retired Jersey Club
PatsFans.com Supporter
Reaction score
Roster cuts don't need to come before the game, so we're talking about guys just flat-out getting axed. I'd put up a "who won't" version, but it would require too many slots. So here are a few people that have been mentioned as cuts, just for a bit of conversation and a bit of an absolutely meaningless "on the record" moment. If you want to post about others you think will get cut, feel free.

Jacoby and Dion.

Bisquick
Deion (confounds me that folks think he's a potential cut)
Jones - returns kicks, groomed as safety backup I know, I know; Jones at risk to not make the September 53 however

Ealy's attitude makes him the BB bad example cut
I really hope I'm wrong

Brissett and the Lewis on the bubble? Now those would be really shocking cuts. I'm not sure what this Lewis won't make the team talk is based on.

Is it possible for the JETE to be mathematically eliminated by the 3rd exhibition game? If so, not them.

"Predictions... hmmm..."

6028c520d8a49e293f1d6497f9667bc2.gif

:)

Brissett and the Lewis on the bubble? Now those would be really shocking cuts. I'm not sure what this Lewis won't make the team talk is based on.

I'm with you, but it's been mentioned. So, I thought a poll would put some people on the record, for entertainment and mockery/bragging purpose only, of course.

Personally, with the cut down rule changes, I don't have the foggiest notion of how BB's going to play this sort of thing.

I voted "All of the Above" and "None of the Above," simply because it's BB who is making the decision and the rules have changed and I have no idea what the Hooded One is going to do when he has a whole new shiny set of rules to play with.

I don't think that Brissett will be cut for the simple reason that there are rumors out of the Pats camp that he will be cut and, well "rumors out of the Pats camp" tend not to be true.

I think Ealy is the only one on the list who is at risk. Imo.

Cyrus Jones has had his gaffes but even on his blown TD he had good coverage but played the ball instead of the player which is correctable. So I think he's close to turning the corner. But I admit I wouldn't be shocked if he was.

I've always thought there is redundancy between Foster and Lewis but Lewis now looks close to his 2015 self which may be bad news for Foster.

I didn't see one play that stood out from Ealy during the game. The 79 yard TD run went right by him. Not sure what his gap assignment was. Saw plays in which he lost battles. Anyways I couldn't find anything positive. If there was anything I missed it.

Forgot Brissett - to tough for me to judge but he had a bad game. I 'll wait to see what he does the next couple of weeks. But I doubt he's cut. That's a lot of development time down the drain. But admit I'd be only somewhat shocked if it happened.

Nothing says it better than your post! ;)

I said NONE, but the only one I could see getting cut would be Ealy - if the rumors I see all over the place at this board are substantive. Big IF.

Don't see why Dion Lewis would be cut - he's not expensive and is amazing when he's on. Brissett isn't getting cut with Jimmy G in a contract year and no one else on the horizon.

Cyrus Jones is going have a tough road to make the 53, I expect.

No reason to cut Brissett. Carrying 3 quarterbacks is pretty normal practice especially when one of your guys is 40 and the other one had a significant injury last year.

Dion Lewis is also not a guy who can be cut right now.

Don't really care that much about Ealy or Jones

They all make it since cuts aren't required yet. That being said, making the final roster is a whole different ballgame.

Regards,
Chris

Status
Not open for further replies.

MORSE: Rookie Camp Invitees and Draft Notes
Patriots Get Extension Done with Barmore
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/29: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-28, Draft Notes On Every Draft Pick
MORSE: A Closer Look at the Patriots Undrafted Free Agents
Five Thoughts on the Patriots Draft Picks: Overall, Wolf Played it Safe
2024 Patriots Undrafted Free Agents – FULL LIST
MORSE: Thoughts on Patriots Day 3 Draft Results