PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Poll: Plunket or Grogan? I mean if you had to start a franchise today?

THE HUB FOR PATRIOTS FANS SINCE 2000

MORE PINNED POSTS:
Replies:
Very sad news: RIP Joker
Replies:
OT: Bad news - "it" is back...
Replies:
2023/2024 Patriots Roster Transaction Thread
Replies:
Asking for your support

Poll: Plunket or Grogan? I mean if you had to start a franchise today?

• Grogan (YES)

Votes: 19 59.4%
  • Plunkett (Noooooooo)

Votes: 13 40.6%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

mosslost

Pro Bowl Player
Reaction score
I mean if you had to start a franchise today?

Nobody better?

Plunkett won two Super Bowls

I met Steve Grogan in a South Attleboro Taco Bell when I was like 18.

I did not, however, meet Jim Plunkett in a Taco Bell or anywhere else ever.

So my answer is Doug Flutie, whom I met when I was busing tables at Pub Dennis.

#tonyeason

In this hypothetical we can go back and forth in time in Doc Brown's DeLorean, so that both Grogan and Plunkett are current-day rookies. That means they both have the same advantages of current day training, nutrition, coaching, medicine, technology, etc.

Plunkett is the more accurate passer with greater arm strength. Grogan provides an added dimension as a threat to run the ball.

Who do you want as your quarterback: a player that is more of a pure pocket passer, along the lines of a Matt Ryan? Or is a player more similar to Russell Wilson your preference?

Grogan always has been and always will be one of my favorite players. Despite Grogan's slight edge for his toughness and leadership, I would go with Plunkett though. He is the superior pocket passer that could thrive in today's NFL as long as he had a decent offensive line and coach/front office.

Grogan would bring an air of toughness and leadership to the team. The players would love to play with him. Unfortunately, Grogan was prone to throw picks and was often inaccurate. I fear Belichick would sit him because of too many INTs.

Plunkett was shell-shocked when he first came to the Patriots, but he was pretty good with the Raiders.

It would be Grogan all the way. With todays medicine and training he would be a stud in this NFL.

Could throw the ball, could run it himself pretty darn good, had patience to hand off to running game.

BB would put him in a position to succeed and as long as Grogan was willing to put in the work im sure his accuracy and health would of improved as well.

Grogan all day. Robbed of his rightful place as a SB winner.

In this hypothetical we can go back and forth in time in Doc Brown's DeLorean, so that both Grogan and Plunkett are current-day rookies. That means they both have the same advantages of current day training, nutrition, coaching, medicine, technology, etc.

Plunkett is the more accurate passer with greater arm strength. Grogan provides an added dimension as a threat to run the ball.

Who do you want as your quarterback: a player that is more of a pure pocket passer, along the lines of a Matt Ryan? Or is a player more similar to Russell Wilson your preference?

Grogan always has been and always will be one of my favorite players. Despite Grogan's slight edge for his toughness and leadership, I would go with Plunkett though. He is the superior pocket passer that could thrive in today's NFL as long as he had a decent offensive line and coach/front office.
Or perhaps do we want to develop a purer passer like Jimmy G as our franchise future in the post-Brady era, or are we more inclined to develop a more mobile QB like Jacoby Brissett who doesn't have the accuracy but could develop into a dual threat?

In my mind it all comes down to what kind of offense you can build around them.

Grogan all day. Robbed of his rightful place as a SB winner.
I agree with the above. Grogan was tough as nails and had a cannon for an arm. in his early years he could run to. after brady he's the best patriots qb. he doesn't get the praise and credit he deserves.

I'm going with Grogan mostly because I wasn't alive when Plunkett played for the Pats.

Saw them both, probably would lean more towards Grogan because of difficult to define "mental toughness" part of his character.

Unfortunately, Grogan did now know when to walk away and hung on too long..

A big issues here is that we are trying to compare two guys when the game was completely different..

Or perhaps do we want to develop a purer passer like Jimmy G as our franchise future in the post-Brady era, or are we more inclined to develop a more mobile QB like Jacoby Brissett who doesn't have the accuracy but could develop into a dual threat?

In my mind it all comes down to what kind of offense you can build around them.
Hmm, perhaps try a poll...

Grogan, Reason why I stated thousands of times lol why I became a Pats Fan in '76.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/23: News and Notes
MORSE: Final 7 Round Patriots Mock Draft, Matthew Slater News
Bruschi’s Proudest Moment: Former LB Speaks to MusketFire’s Marshall in Recent Interview
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/22: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-21, Kraft-Belichick, A.J. Brown Trade?
MORSE: Patriots Draft Needs and Draft Related Info
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/19: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Back