PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Poll: Is Gronk really retired or is he coming back?

THE HUB FOR PATRIOTS FANS SINCE 2000

MORE PINNED POSTS:
Replies:
Very sad news: RIP Joker
Replies:
OT: Bad news - "it" is back...
Replies:
2023/2024 Patriots Roster Transaction Thread
Replies:
Asking for your support

Will Gronk stay retired or come back?

• He's done. Once you're retired, you're retired.

Votes: 65 36.7%
  • He'll come back. He's only 29, just wasn't up to the grind of the full season.

Votes: 80 45.2%
  • I can't decide, who knows, pass.

Votes: 32 18.1%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

aluminum seats

Pro Bowl Player
Reaction score
When Gronk initially retired, I joked that I was going to be in denial and he was going to eventually come back. But there's been enough rumblings where this no longer seems completely crazy. Or at least I don't think so? Curious what the board consensus is...massive denial going on, or maybe he'll return when they start playing games and he realizes he misses it?

(Full disclosure, I was going to make the poll choices GOT related...like he's retired/all men must die, and not-retired, what's dead may never die. But sanity prevailed, sort of.)

When Gronk initially retired, I joked that I was going to be in denial and he was going to eventually come back. But there's been enough rumblings where this no longer seems completely crazy. Or at least I don't think so? Curious what the board consensus is...massive denial going on, or maybe he'll return when they start playing games and he realizes he misses it?

(Full disclosure, I was going to make the poll choices GOT related...like he's retired/all men must die, and not-retired, what's dead may never die. But sanity prevailed, sort of.)
I believe he plays in 2019 at some point. Maybe even plays the whole season.
@stcjones He plays

Last edited:
I think he'll come back, and maybe bring marty bennett with him. This could be the reason that bb didn't go after a TE.

I think he’s taking time off to rest his body and and maybe reflect on his career a bit. I also think he has given an indication to the Pats and his teammates that he is returning. I am drooling over the weapons Brady will have if true:

Edelman-Thomas-Harry-Dorsett-Gordon

Michel-Harris-White-Hill/Burkhead

Gronk-ASJ

I believe that he will come back, but I am less certain that he comes back for 2019. I think he may take an entire year off in order to get pain free.

He’s done. Too smart to come back.

I think the only thing that will hold him back would be his family telling him he should retire. But I also think there is a desire on his part to play with Tom for the rest of Tom’s career. If Tom retired, Gronk would have already filed his retirement paperwork with the league.

Last edited:
Who knows...

I dis not think he was coming back. However, the commercial during the draft where Edelman says see you when you come back, made me change my mind.

something's in the bush

He’s done. Don’t get your hopes up or you’ll be disappointed

The Instagram post with him on the mountain bike talking about “all the great things” or whatever to do off the football field sealed it for me. He’s coming back. No way he’s going to be mountain biking during the playoffs

Already come to terms that he’s done so any news that he comes out of retirement will be a pleasant surprise.

I voted that he comes back but I don’t believe it. I voted more with hope than logic

I think he either comes back or doesn’t.

Status
Not open for further replies.

TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/12: News and Notes
Not a First Round Pick? Hoge Doubles Down on Maye
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/11: News and Notes