PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Poll: How Does the Rest of the Season Play Out?

THE HUB FOR PATRIOTS FANS SINCE 2000

MORE PINNED POSTS:
Replies:
Very sad news: RIP Joker
Replies:
OT: Bad news - "it" is back...
Replies:
2023/2024 Patriots Roster Transaction Thread
Replies:
Asking for your support

How many wins will the Pats get in their remaining 11 games?

• 7-8

Votes: 41 29.9%
  • 5-6

Votes: 43 31.4%
  • 4-5

Votes: 22 16.1%
  • 2-3

Votes: 8 5.8%
  • 0-1

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • 9-11

Votes: 23 16.8%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Pats-Bills MNF is going to be the biggest divisional game since the 2010 matchup against the Jets which was also on MNF I believe.

Of course we’ll ignore what happened 4 weeks later.

I don't care about "the rest of the season". Yesterday was a must-win AFAIC...and now Thursday is the exact same thing. Our Patriots haven't accomplished jack squat yet.Yesterday's win was a pleasure to witness in person. I must say that until I saw the replay a little while ago, I missed some important details that you just can't see from field level...but one thing you CAN'T sense watching the tube is the body language at play from the start. When Cleveland scored first, you could SEE that the Pats were going to respond and when they did the rest of the game was downhill for the Browns. I was a guest of a coach from R.I. and his son, who had a cup of coffee with the Giants a few years back.The three of us were in agreement at halftime...the game was over. Sitting field level behind the Browns bench you could SEE the defensive players body language...already beaten, arguing among themselves. I thought back to the Ravens/Patriots playoff game when Ray Rice broke our backs in the first series. Our team displayed the same body language. NFL football is first and foremost a war game. Seize the high ground and victory usually ensues.

Just noticed this thread and read it through for the first time… some funny stuff here, 2-3 more wins predictions?

Fans need to be able to differentiate between a “bad” team and a good team playing “bad.”

They were within striking range of beating the Bucs and Cowboys, they beat themselves. Entering the Jet’s game they were 29th in offensive turnovers, just knowing BB you had to know that wouldn’t last… same with the excessive penalties.

It’s funny how sites like this all off-season are full of negative nancy’s telling us BB is guilty of letting Brady go, terrible drafting, poor selection of free agents, repetitive N’Keal Harry bashing threads etc… and now these posters have completely disappeared.

Where did everybody go?

@ATL W
TEN W
@BUF L
@IND W
BUF W
JAX W
@Mia L

11-6 probably 3rd seed in AFC.

I selected 7-8 wins when this thread came out, thinking we would drop one of our last 4 wins and end 10-7.

A month ago 10 wins would have been viewed as highly optimistic, probably get you laughed at ( here especially). Now it seems ultra conservative, possibly worst case scenario unless we have a monumental collapse

We have Tenn, @Buf, BYE, @Ind, Buf, Jax, at Miami left to play.

Right now 2-1 vs the division and 5-1 vs AFC.

I think 10 wins is the magic number for playoffs. Win 3 out of these 6 and we should be good. And with a decent seed.

9 wins would mean a 2-4 finish. Our AFC record would not be as favorable for tiebreakers at 7-5 and I think things would get a little dicey especially if we lose a H2H with IND.

For division I think we need to win minimum 5 out of 6 and sweep the Bills. Bills have us twice + Bucs in Tampa - but they still have the Panthers, Falcons and Jets on their schedule...

Last season we were out of contention at this time so it's at least nice to be able to think of the possibilities this time. :)

Last edited:
13-4

Josh Allen will have nightmares...

Think we’ll have a much clearer view in 2 weeks but it’s looking good right now. Suddenly these 2 games look a lot more winnable than they did a few weeks ago. Ten is without Henry and j Jones, may even be without aj brown, and just lost to HOUSTON. Buffalo looks very vulnerable of late and they seem to have a big weakness at run d, which is where our offense excels.

If all goes well and we win these 2 games, we are sitting at 9-4 with Indy, another one with Buffalo, jags, and fins left. I would say at that point we’d be in the drivers seat for the 1 seed and 4-1 in those 5 would be very doable assuming we don’t suffer a major setback. That would almost 100% get us the 1 seed(the only real shred of a threat to that imo would be kc winning out) .

Think we’ll have a much clearer view in 2 weeks but it’s looking good right now. Suddenly these 2 games look a lot more winnable than they did a few weeks ago. Ten is without Henry and j Jones, may even be without aj brown, and just lost to HOUSTON. Buffalo looks very vulnerable of late and they seem to have a big weakness at run d, which is where our offense excels.

If all goes well and we win these 2 games, we are sitting at 9-4 with Indy, another one with Buffalo, jags, and fins left. I would say at that point we’d be in the drivers seat for the 1 seed and 4-1 in those 5 would be very doable assuming we don’t suffer a major setback. That would almost 100% get us the 1 seed(the only real shred of a threat to that imo would be kc winning out) .

I can see us beating Tennessee, and at worst lose to Buffalo on the road and Indy. That would mean 11-6.

• Agree
Reactions: sb1
I can see us beating Tennessee, and at worst lose to Buffalo on the road and Indy. That would mean 11-6.
That's the way I see it playing out.

The Miami game is 50-50.

Correct. My scenario is assuming we win these next 2 which would include the game @ Buffalo. At that point I would feel quite confident in beating buff at home and potentially dropping the Indy game to finish 12-5. If we lose one of these then yeah i would probably adjust that to 11-6 as more likely.

That's the way I see it playing out.

The Miami game is 50-50.

I’d probably be less confident in that game if we won the first Miami game but I feel like probability is low that we let Miami beat us twice. I can’t remember the last time that happened, probably 2000. Odds are well in our favor there imo. If we get swept by Miami we deserve to lose the division lol

I'm thinking they lose two more games. The loses I'm thinking will be at Buffalo and at Miami as their playoff position is set and they pull starters.

So, how are the 30 people who voted that we will win only 2-5 games since the Dallas game feeling now? :rofl:

Humbled... I over-estimated the Brownies (& their injuries) and the Chargers (especially their defense)... Worst-case is 2-4 these last 6 games, but I think they'll somehow win at least one of the next four for an overall record of 10-7... I would love it if that (at least) one win were vs the ****ing Clots...

I will be the first to admit I didn't see this run coming. The defense is playing better and they are opening up more of the playbook for Mac. At this point with as wide open as the AFC is I would be pretty disappointed if we don't make the playoffs.

I will be the first to admit I didn't see this run coming. The defense is playing better and they are opening up more of the playbook for Mac. At this point with as wide open as the AFC is I would be pretty disappointed if we don't make the playoffs.
1637677030351.png

Based on this and the fact the Pats have 6 AFC games left I don't think 9 wins will get us to the playoffs anymore. Finishing 9-8 means the Pats went 2-4 in their last 6 games and their AFC record goes from the best in the conference to one that doesn't compare that well in tiebreakers.

Win 10 and that should be good enough. That means beating the teams they should beat like the Titans without Henry and Jags for sure and then one of (Bills, Bills, Colts, Dolphins)

This would be a really bad time for the Pats to start a losing streak.

Last edited:

MORSE: Patriots Draft Needs and Draft Related Info
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/19: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/12: News and Notes
Back