Very sad news: RIP Joker
Replies:
OT: Bad news - "it" is back...
Replies:
2023/2024 Patriots Roster Transaction Thread
Replies:
Asking for your support

How disappointed would have been with a 5-4 SB record

• I truly, absolutely don’t care. Missing out on 6 is my only disappointment.

Votes: 26 26.3%
  • Somewhat...not much, but I admit it would have been a little harder to brag

Votes: 39 39.4%
  • Quite a bit...it may even have complicated the legacy, fair or not

Votes: 30 30.3%
  • It would have been devastating

Votes: 4 4.0%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
For me as a fan, 6 is just extra icing on the cake. The main downside if it were a loss would be making the haters louder. At this point though, the remaining haters are just pathetically funny.

Rob Parker in 2012: "Tom Brady won't make another Super Bowl. No way no how".

Tom Brady:"Hold my beer"....(Proceeds to go 3/4 in SB's over a seven year span).

#6 is the icing on the cake. They are playing with "House money" from here on out.

Lebron is what, 3-7 in the finals and will still go down as the greatest player when all is said and done.

Umm negative ghost rider. He’ll never be better than Jordan.

I don't think there is enough of an argument to say Lebron is better than KAJ or Jordan. He has been great though, without a doubt.

I don't think there is enough of an argument to say Lebron is better than KAJ or Jordan. He has been great though, without a doubt.

I admit, I’m biased, but I doubt I’ll ever see anyone in my lifetime as great as Jordan. Absolutely clutch too.

But now I sound like an old timer ranting on about Sammy Baugh LMAO

After the game my dad said a few times "6-3 sounds so much better than 5-4!!"

He's and old jude but I can't disagree with him.

It would have seriously bothered me. Nothing is “just gravy” for me. It’s either a win or it’s a failure.

I would have been bothered but I do find that except for 2007, which will haunt me till I die, the fact that we lost a few super bowls overall bothers me less than it used to. After every victory I’d say to myself “but it should be....” but now that we’ve been to 9, it seems extremely unlikely that you’d have a perfect SB record. So that’s been interesting.

But I still think we should have seven now...

you forgot the "don't give a good crap" option.

you forgot the "don't give a good crap" option.

I believe you used the word crap, referencing excrement, in the wrong thread @Joker . That belongs on the Jete one.

Mod, please move.

One day maybe I will meet someone who can make a logical argument for why 5-4 is worse than 5-3 or 5-0. Reaching the SB is better than not getting there. Getting there 9 times is more impressive than only 5 times. If the numbers of wins are the same then the tiebreaker clearly goes to the person who went there more often (i.e. won more games in the postseason).

You are correct. It’s just one of these counterintuitive things, perhaps by how some of us have been raised to perceive sports success. I fully acknowledged in my OP that it is illogical but still would bum me out.

A 67% Super Bowl winning percentage isn't bad.

It's not 100%....but hey, every team can't be perfect. :D

I wouldn't have been upset about 5-4 (although i would've been specifically upset about this game). 5-4>5-3>5-0 when talking about Super Bowl records

But I would've been upset that I had to hear all the takes about 4 SB losses

A 67% Super Bowl winning percentage isn't bad.

It's not 100%....but hey, every team can't be perfect. :D

I’ll give you credit for that one. That’s funny.

The last two weeks (or maybe even beyond that) I tried to avoid the thought of a second straight SB loss and a 5-4 record under BB/Brady.

Logically I know that it’s kind of stupid. 5 wins is 5 wins. 4 losses in SBs are still 4 conference championships. NINE Super Bowl appearances is incredible. But the 5-4 potential ate at the back of my mind more than I’d like to admit. While I don’t care what haters and hot take artists say, that record would just seem to unjust for a team that has dominated so much for this long. As for legacy, there was not much question that 6-3 sounds almost infinitely better than 5-4 for Super Bowl success. The idea that we have the greatest big game coach and clutchest QB of all-time, paired with a 5-4 record in the biggest game?

Now that the game is over I can rest easily, but I admit it probably bothered me more than it should have. You?
I’ve never understood this line of thinking.
Teams are what they accomplish. You play for the opportunity to win. Getting there and losing is better than not getting there because you won your way there.
9 SBs is as sick an accomplishment as winning 6 of them (or 5).
We have had the best team 6 times and the second best 3 others. That beats having the best 6 times and the 8th or 11th or whatever, 3 others.

There were 2 losses that pre-date the current QB/HC brain trust

I’m actually a Jordan fan, but when all is said and done Lebton will certainly be in the conversation despite his finals record.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/25: News and Notes
Patriots Kraft ‘Involved’ In Decision Making?  Zolak Says That’s Not the Case
MORSE: Final First Round Patriots Mock Draft
Slow Starts: Stark Contrast as Patriots Ponder Which Top QB To Draft
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/24: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/23: News and Notes
MORSE: Final 7 Round Patriots Mock Draft, Matthew Slater News
Bruschi’s Proudest Moment: Former LB Speaks to MusketFire’s Marshall in Recent Interview
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/22: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-21, Kraft-Belichick, A.J. Brown Trade?
Back