OT: Bad news - "it" is back...
Replies:
Very sad news: RIP Joker
Replies:
2023/2024 Patriots Roster Transaction Thread
Replies:
Asking for your support

How disappointed would have been with a 5-4 SB record

• I truly, absolutely don’t care. Missing out on 6 is my only disappointment.

Votes: 26 26.3%
  • Somewhat...not much, but I admit it would have been a little harder to brag

Votes: 39 39.4%
  • Quite a bit...it may even have complicated the legacy, fair or not

Votes: 30 30.3%
  • It would have been devastating

Votes: 4 4.0%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
One day maybe I will meet someone who can make a logical argument for why 5-4 is worse than 5-3 or 5-0. Reaching the SB is better than not getting there. Getting there 9 times is more impressive than only 5 times. If the numbers of wins are the same then the tiebreaker clearly goes to the person who went there more often (i.e. won more games in the postseason).

Trust me I hear you .... and agree with you, but the weird thing is........if someone asked you if you’d rather have Brady have a 5-4 super bowl record or 5-6, I actually think I may lean towards 5-4 (which would go against what I thought I believed)

6-5 is much better than 5-6. :)

I wanted this one to silence the Steeler fans :)

now go 19-0 next year, get #7 and the whole team can retire lmao

Since Deflategate, I've been saying (out loud and to myself) that I'm done with the NFL once this dynasty ends. Part of that is just getting old and becoming more choice-full about how I spend time/energy/attention.

You just wrote down my favorite fantasy for how it all ends. Although I was thinking #8, after winning #7 next year, so they can also be the only team with three in a row.

Picture this: The post game locker room celebration at the end of SB LV. Pats end the season 19-0 with SB #8, and every player over 30 plus Belichick and Kraft Sr. retires at the podium. One giant "Thanks, it was great, and now we have better things to do."

Then I can do the same without regret.

The Legacy of TB12 is enhanced with a (currently) 6-3 record as against 5-4, it even sounds so much sweeter, but that's me. ;);)

One day maybe I will meet someone who can make a logical argument for why 5-4 is worse than 5-3 or 5-0. Reaching the SB is better than not getting there. Getting there 9 times is more impressive than only 5 times. If the numbers of wins are the same then the tiebreaker clearly goes to the person who went there more often (i.e. won more games in the postseason).

Not possible, as there is no logic to it at all!

How can anyone penalize a conference champion for getting that far?

Idiotic!

I admit, I’m biased, but I doubt I’ll ever see anyone in my lifetime as great as Jordan. Absolutely clutch too.

But now I sound like an old timer ranting on about Sammy Baugh LMAO

NBA Titles:
Bill Russell - 11
Sam Jones - 10
Tom Heinshon, KC Jones, Tom Sanders & John Havilcek - 8
Jim Loscutoff, Frank Ramsey & Robert Horry - 7
Bob Cousy, Kareem Jabbar, Michael Jordan & Scotty Pippen - 6

The players in green are all Celtics and never won a thing without Russell, the GOAT of all GOATS.

Jordan didn't win anything until Bird was gone. Bird's Celtics owned him.

If Jordan had to play against Russell he probably wouldn't have been able to get his shot off on many occasions.

I didn't think that I cared but now that Brady is 6-3 (Pats 6-5) it does sound much better.

One other positive is the fact that the AFC is back to within one in overall SB wins, 26-27.

Status
Not open for further replies.

New Patriots WR Javon Baker: ‘You ain’t gonna outwork me’
Friday Patriots Notebook 5/3: News and Notes
Thursday Patriots Notebook 5/2: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 5/1: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Jerod Mayo’s Appearance on WEEI On Monday
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/30: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Drake Maye’s Interview on WEEI on Jones & Mego with Arcand
MORSE: Rookie Camp Invitees and Draft Notes
Patriots Get Extension Done with Barmore
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/29: News and Notes