PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Poll: Does Kraft have to fire Belichick?

THE HUB FOR PATRIOTS FANS SINCE 2000

MORE PINNED POSTS:
Replies:
Very sad news: RIP Joker
Replies:
OT: Bad news - "it" is back...
Replies:
2023/2024 Patriots Roster Transaction Thread
Replies:
Asking for your support

Does Kraft have to fire Belichick?

• Yes, BB has to go

Votes: 4 4.5%
  • No, but he needs a year's suspension

Votes: 2 2.2%
  • No, Kraft can ignore the noise

Votes: 30 33.7%
  • Fire him? Kraft should publicly embrace him with a hearty handshake and a high five!

Votes: 53 59.6%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Bill is old school but he should know these are different times.He needs to adjust to the state of the game today.I will wait for the final verdict but it sucks to be going through this bs again.

Oh yes, by all means. and of course he should get rid of Brady, Gronk, Edelman, Blount, Vereenn, Revis, Browner, Arrington, Wilfork, Nink............

and you know what would happen then?
we'd be the NY Jets. :eek:

I don't agree with how this hypothetical is raised in that I don't really care about Kraft's moral standards one way or the other. So from my vantage point, if BB did indeed engineer all this, he's a fool; not because of league integrity or morals or any dumb stuff like that, but because he should know better than to flout the league yet again. Just too risky.

That said, no, I don't think Kraft has to fire him. But I agree with Curran in this sense: if **** does completely hit the fan, Kraft will care more about his image as league deity than standing with his coach through another firestorm. He will side with the NFL over Belichick and either suspend or outright can him. It will make his divorce with Parcells look amicable.

EDIT: SO basically, I answered your poll from how I imagine Kraft is thinking. Which is, I would ****can him to preserve my ego.

BillB resigns as HC.

McDaniels named HC.

BillB hired as GM of Patriots.

I don't agree with how this hypothetical is raised in that I don't really care about Kraft's moral standards one way or the other. So from my vantage point, if BB did indeed engineer all this, he's a fool; not because of league integrity or morals or any dumb stuff like that, but because he should know better than to flout the league yet again. Just too risky.

That said, no, I don't think Kraft has to fire him. But I agree with Curran in this sense: if **** does completely hit the fan, Kraft will care more about his image as league deity than standing with his coach through another firestorm. He will side with the NFL over Belichick and either suspend or outright can him. It will make his divorce with Parcells look amicable.

EDIT: SO basically, I answered your poll from how I imagine Kraft is thinking. Which is, I would ****can him to preserve my ego.

yup, exactly. This isn't really so much, "should Kraft fire him," as "will Kraft fire him." It'll be interesting to see how that goes, but I feel like a suspension is such a weak, halfway move. I tend to think Kraft is either going to deal with the hit to his reputation and entirely stand by Belichick, or outright fire him. Ha it definitely raises the stakes on this SB for Bill...

yup, exactly. This isn't really so much, "should Kraft fire him," as "will Kraft fire him." It'll be interesting to see how that goes, but I feel like a suspension is such a weak, halfway move. I tend to think Kraft is either going to deal with the hit to his reputation and entirely stand by Belichick, or outright fire him. Ha it definitely raises the stakes on this SB for Bill...
Yep, people are going to call this hyperbole, but I think there is a slim shot at the moment that this is gonna be his last game as HC of the NEP.

Really just the worst convergence of circumstances if you think about it. If true- if true- dumb and brazen enough to take a risk after everything that happened back in 2007. Dealing with a league office that hates you, other teams that resent you (envy?) and want to stick a fork in you. An owner who clearly values his relationship with a commissioner as much, if not more, than his head coach. An owner who backed his commissioner after he proved himself, time and time again, to be a moral bully and deranged, a caricature out of a bad noir film... An owner who is desperate to prove to the nation that, despite a terrible start to the season with battered wives and kids, he can be America's moral compass once more. What a better way to do that than to finally dispose of the figure who mainly, unfairly or not, is commonly perceived as the NFL's number one villain?

On another patriots foot ball forum they have what is called an Azzclown Asylum for posters who create threads such as this, they're banished and have to work they're way out. The OP would be a perfect candidate.

We have one too. Just a different name.

Please make it STOP, STOP, STOP!

And bring back Springsteen, Madonna, way before Nirvana
There was U2 and Blondie and music still on MTV
Her two kids in high school they tell her that she's uncool
'Cause she's still preoccupied with 1985

1.) There was no reason for this thread to be moved. It was, and is, a legit thread.
2.) The personal attacks against me here demonstrate why I have people on ignore. Several of the posts are ban worthy.
3.) The options I gave regarding suspension/firing have been put out there by others. I didn't troll this, at all. As a matter of fact, I spent most of last night in the deflate=gate thread, trying to keep people from losing it, on any side of the issue.

Many of you should be ashamed of yourselves, and that includes whomever moved the thread.

Last edited:
Yeah some people are not dealing with their emotions well right now haha

The officials are going to be the fall guys and a new rule will be enacted in which all balls are weighed and pressure is taken before the game, at halftime and after the game.

Or Walt Anderson is going to say that the Patriots must have screwed with the balls. And then? Like it or not, the clock may start ticking on arguably the greatest coach in NFL history.

http://www.csnne.com/new-england-patriots/curran-somebodys-going-down-deflategate

Tom E. Curran is writing about Kraft firing Belichick, and Poll daddy has a poll similar to mine

If the Patriots are found guilty, do you think there is a chance that Robert Kraft fires Bill Belichick?
  • Yes
  • No
Vote

https://polldaddy.com/poll/8599263/

but I'm supposedly trolling.

This has to be the DUMBEST thread I've seen in awhile. If RK fired BB....... the NFL would have to institute a first-ever, frickin waiver-wire for "coaching services"........ I honestly think that even discoutning teams with current HC vacancies, at LEAST 15-16 teams would ditch their current coaching staff (and incur all the finacial ramifications that would come with that) just to have BB be their head coach.

Don't kid yourself dude.......... We are lucky to have BB as our HC (warts and all).

1.) There was no reason for this thread to be moved. It was, and is, a legit thread.
2.) The personal attacks against me here demonstrate why I have people on ignore. Several of the posts are ban worthy.
3.) The options I gave regarding suspension/firing have been put out there by others. I didn't troll this, at all. As a matter of fact, I spent most of last night in the deflate=gate thread, trying to keep people from losing it, on any side of the issue.

Many of you should be ashamed of yourselves, and that includes whomever moved the thread.

I'm not ashamed of moving it. It's where it belongs. It is still open and people can post on it if they want. You can contact Ian if you disagree.

I'm not ashamed of moving it. It's where it belongs. It is still open and people can post on it if they want. You can contact Ian if you disagree.

You were wrong to move this thread. That you don't get that is part of what makes it a problem.

You were wrong to move this thread. That you don't get that is part of what makes it a problem.
A problem for who? Didn't receive one or even a deflated complaint any of the members of this forum.

Now should the NFL come with a finding that BB ordered the balls to be deflated and fine him and take away a high draft pick, this thread will be moved back - not until then. That's my final word.

A problem for who? Didn't receive one or even a deflated complaint any of the members of this forum.

Now should the NFL come with a finding that BB ordered the balls to be deflated and fine him and take away a high draft pick, this thread will be moved back - not until then. That's my final word.

As I said, the fact that you can't see that it was wrong is part of what makes it a problem. There was absolutely nothing wrong with the OP, and it was appropriate given the discussion in the media. What you should have done was dealt with the comments of the responding posters, not move the thread.

Fire the man that single handedly brought the franchise to 6 Super Bowls through savvy trades, free agent signing and great coaching.

Might be the worst thread I've ever read concerning the pats and I mean ever.

TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/12: News and Notes
Not a First Round Pick? Hoge Doubles Down on Maye
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/11: News and Notes
Back