PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Poll: Does Kraft have to fire Belichick?

THE HUB FOR PATRIOTS FANS SINCE 2000

MORE PINNED POSTS:
Replies:
Very sad news: RIP Joker
Replies:
OT: Bad news - "it" is back...
Replies:
2023/2024 Patriots Roster Transaction Thread
Replies:
Asking for your support

Does Kraft have to fire Belichick?

• Yes, BB has to go

Votes: 4 4.5%
  • No, but he needs a year's suspension

Votes: 2 2.2%
  • No, Kraft can ignore the noise

Votes: 30 33.7%
  • Fire him? Kraft should publicly embrace him with a hearty handshake and a high five!

Votes: 53 59.6%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
It's a shame that we're headed to a super bowl and this even has to be a thought.

I don't know what the right answer is. If it comes out that bill knew, or ordered it, it will be difficult to justify keeping him.

It's a shame that we're headed to a super bowl and this even has to be a thought.

I don't know what the right answer is. If it comes out that bill knew, or ordered it, it will be difficult to justify keeping him.
NO......... IT WON'T.

This **** has to stop. It started last night when i read people saying they might not feel good if we win the SB. What's wrong with some of you I don't even care if we use inflated balls in the SB I'm celebrating.

No firing and no suspension. Just a fine and that's it.

in a radio interview today, Bob Kravitz said that Bill Belichick should be fired and then banned for life from the NFL!

There's a voice of reason!:rolleyes:

So a troll thread starter by a fella who will troll and it brings out other trollers. Hmmmmmmmm

Deus simply did this to piss people off. That's what he gets off on.

I asked about this in some thread last night, but I think it deserves its own space. If it comes out that the Patriots really were tampering with the football after the refs gave them to the ball boy, and that BB knew about this, does Kraft have to fire Belichick because of his stance on everything else moral? Is a year's suspension enough? A hearty handshake? What does Kraft have to do in order to keep himself, and the Patriots shield, 'protected'?

Are you ******ed? I mean this is a new low even for you. Firing the greatest head coach in NFL history because the media wants a rating boost from blowing up "under inflated balls" into a monstrous cheating conspiracy? Get a grip.

I asked about this in some thread last night, but I think it deserves its own space. If it comes out that the Patriots really were tampering with the football after the refs gave them to the ball boy, and that BB knew about this, does Kraft have to fire Belichick because of his stance on everything else moral? Is a year's suspension enough? A hearty handshake? What does Kraft have to do in order to keep himself, and the Patriots shield, 'protected'?

Who the f*** knows? And for the record, I don't think your question is crazy at all.

My answer might have been a little different yesterday, but after learning so much in the meantime...about Rodgers, the Panthers, Matt Leinert's post, the article about QBs in college, Bradshaw's biography, and mostly the sports science behind this...

BB very likely didn't even know about it IF it was even going on. It would be a Brady thing, not a BB thing.

Personally, I find the whole thing absurd - the way the QBs can beat the snot out of a ball, scuff it, squeeze the snot out of it, etc., and the effect of inflation is minimal, as in negligible.

But the funny thing is, IF it goes back to the organization, BB or not, I think he's getting smacked upside the head, bad. The guy is hated.

ps. Once again, they're reporting that this was suspected in the earlier game this year - IN A DOME.

This whole thing is stupid. If it was any other team at any other time of the year (dead week before SB week), there would be, at most, a $25,000 fine that no one outside of football circles would ever hear about.

Can this thread be locked please? It's bad enough with the other noise out there, this is just baiting trolls.

This thread is more hilarious, and a million times more ******ed than "I don't care. I can't stand it."

Congratulations to Patsrodmus (sp) who is now completely off the hook.

Let's keep this baby bumped for the next few seasons as a monument to media knee-jerks and outright embarrassing stupidity.

Its a serious question.To be honest with u i am still trying to convince myself that bb didnt know.I am not like everyone here that drinks his kool-aid but he is a great coach.There is a certain arrogance to him that I dont like.Innocent till proven guilty but its not looking good

Of course Belichick shouldn't be fired, that's ridiculous.

Not to me. If and only if, BB is proven to be behind the deflating of the balls, he should be gone. After spygate, an offense the league felt deemed bad enough to take away a first round pick and fine BB $500,000.00, BB had no wiggle room. If guilty, it is the height of arrogance. To think one of the top 5 coaches of all time would lower himself to ordering the deflating of balls is mind boggling and quite frankly would stop me from supporting him.
That being said, I don't think he had anything to do with it. The question though was IF he is guilty.

I wouldn't fire him.

But I bet Kraft does if it comes out that he knew about this. Kraft is a very image conscious rich guy, and it's one thing for him to be able to say "yeah Bill screwed up once," but I think it's going to be hard for him to justify keeping Belichick on if it comes out that he not just bent, but outright broke the rules again. Why? Simple: trust. If Kraft can't trust Belichick with his franchise's reputation I think he will seriously consider cutting him loose. People don't get that rich without demanding a level of responsibility from their employees, and this is now the second time that the Patriots are -- right or wrong -- a national laughingstock.

If Bill can convince Kraft that he didn't know this was happening, he'll survive, but if it gets connected to him, I'm sorry but he's going to get fired.

F*ck this sucks so much. What an absurd nightmare to be going through this again.

Sean Payton wasn't fired for Bounty Gate that could end players careers and amounted to premeditated assault and battery. Belichick's skirting the rules amounts to shenanigans.

if BB is guilty of this.....he was doing it on bradys behalf......and with bradys knowledge

i still am hoping that they did something that technically was not illegal

like messing with the balls beforehand and the refs missed it

i just wish deus would be honest about being a BB hating Brady homer

Can we get a one year suspension for the creator of this thread?
On another patriots foot ball forum they have what is called an Azzclown Asylum for posters who create threads such as this, they're banished and have to work they're way out. The OP would be a perfect candidate.

Last edited:
At most this a slap on the wrist offense. This is total media fueled hysteria. This is the price of success and a hated head coach. Bellichick is old school football and he practices all the tricks of the trade that others do to varying extent. The difference is the pantywaists today who get their asses kicked by BB are willing to snitch to the NFL or better yet the media rather than keep it in-house.

TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/12: News and Notes
Not a First Round Pick? Hoge Doubles Down on Maye
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/11: News and Notes
Back