PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Polian & Dungy Whining To The League Again

Status
Not open for further replies.
I believe calling me a moron is inflammatory and cause for being banned. And no, the rule was in effect before then - just not enforced. Certainly got enforced after that game. YOU get the story right.

I have to butt in here. The emphasis on the rule was in 2004 after the 2003 season when Polian whined to the league about it. BTW when a team sees how a ref crew is calling a game then they should adapt just as major league baseball players do when they see an umpire calling a certain strike zone. Manning even said after the 2003 game he wished his defence had done just that. Anyway, when the Colts were held to 3 points in 2004 the emphasis was in effect and there were no claims of the Patriots mugging the Colts. You've apparently confused the 2003 with 2004. You're the one that got the story wrong.

I have to butt in here. The emphasis on the rule was in 2004 after the 2003 season when Polian whined to the league about it. BTW when a team sees how a ref crew is calling a game then they should adapt just as major league baseball players do when they see an umpire calling a certain strike zone. Manning even said after the 2003 game he wished his defence had done just that. Anyway, when the Colts were held to 3 points in 2004 the emphasis was in effect and there were no claims of the Patriots mugging the Colts. You've apparently confused the 2003 with 2004. You're the one that got the story wrong.
That's the problem with ColtinIraq and He Ban Me (that is Colt trolls), they will not admit when they're WRONG!

Last edited:
Question: is it fine for a poster (not a Patriot fan) to call the Patriots "cheatriots" on this site?

Question: is it fine for a poster (not a Patriot fan) to call the Patriots "cheatriots" on this site?

No. And please PM me or any other Mod if you see that.

Glad you responded! (I tried emailing you once but didn't get a response and then I questioned the Mods on that thread at that time but don't think they noticed it.)

I will forward you the relevant thread. Bugged me to hell...

Thanks,

Animal House .....

[Watching Flounder take abuse at ROTC]
Otter: He can't do that do that to our pledges.
Boon: Only we can do that to our pledges.

There would be nothing wrong with tightening up the rules until we get the level of sanity we all deserve on PatsFans.com.

At what point do we draw the line and stop allowing opposing fans from abusing the courtesy of membership they are extended?

You think I'd diss my man Andre Tippett?
No, I am a girly mon, closer to Welker's size than Andre's.
Actually I graduated from the University of Iowa in 1986. Incidentally, my freshman year at the University of Iowa was Tippett's senior year, which coincided with the renaissance of the Hawkeye football program under Hayden Fry.

I realize you are one of the good Colt posters...so you are always welcome. However, you shoul be a politician or defense attorney. You are very careful in your answers and never quite answer the point of previous posts. Are you not embarrassed by the comments and antics of your GM? This calls for a yes or no answer...The point is why is it always Napolian and Dungy whining about something? Compare them to BB and Pioli. Would you ever picture them whining about the schedule or assaulting a Jet employee or wishing a broken leg on someone? Again, this calls for a simple yes or no answer.

I wish I could get paid like an attorney. You ask for a yes or no answer to Polian and I will give you a sometimes. I know that's not what you wanted but that's where I am at. I could deal without the tirades, but I do like the the openess he has with information.

When it comes to whining, it's all a matter of perspective. I mean this with all honesty. When comments like this come from a rival team you see them as whining. When comments come from your own team, you see them differently. They are complaints not whining, at least most of the time. I am talking in general too, not just this Monday night issue. When something comes from the leadership of your team most tend to jump in line with their thoughts. I really do know why this issue go so big. Comments were made weeks ago about this and it wasn't even a blip on the radar. I think a couple guys in the press finally got wind of this and asked Polian and Dungy questions about it and they answered them. Like it or not that's how Colts management operate. I know that's not the case in New England so it seems foriegn since very little info comes out with the Pats.

I don't like the tag that is being given to the Colts as whiners, but I don't think that everything that is being called whining by Pats fans is whining. Some are, most aren't. I sure the same would go for you guys in the opposite situation. When Belichick says something, most Pats fans fall in line with this thinking even if fans of other teams disagree, right?

I don't know enough about Pioli to answer questions about him. But I would guess if BB pushed a Jets employee up against the wall, many would say the guy must have deserved it. :D ;) It's a joke people, don't flame. But there probably is a little truth in it too. ;)

In closing, Polian is annoying to other fans, to Colts fans you know to take the good, you have to take a little of the bad. If Polian was at the helm for the Patriots instead of Pioli for the recent Super Bowl run, you guys wouldn't mind his antics. Tony never says no comment. I'm glad both are with the Colts. And man I didn't know I was going to type out such a long answer.

I refuse to post to this whiney thread.

I have nothing to say.

Except what I said.

Which I didn't say because I said I wouldn't.

As a Soldier and a New England Patriots fan I am utterly embarrassed by the users Joker and captain stone. To wish death upon one of my fellow Soldiers over any discussion about a game is ridiculous.

I lost a close friend to an IED in Afghanistan and to see someone use that type of circumstance on a message board to attack another poster just simply makes me sick to my stomach.

The posts are deleted but had all ready been quoted in the thread so they are still available to view. I can't believe they wrote that. They are embarrassment to us. They should be banned.

Last edited:
As a Soldier and a New England Patriots fan I am utterly embarrassed by the users Joker and captain stone. To wish death upon one of my fellow Soldiers over any discussion about a game is ridiculous.

I lost a close friend to an IED in Afghanistan and to see someone use that type of circumstance on a message board to attack another poster just simply makes me sick to my stomach.

The posts are deleted but had all ready been quoted in the thread so they are still available to view. I can't believe they wrote that. They are embarrassment to us. They should be banned.
I second this. Folks are worried about Pats being labeled as a team that doesn't follow the rules, (i.e., don't use the word Patriot, with a "CH" in the front) but vicious venom from guys like Joker is allowed to continue.

It is unbelievable that some posters wish such thoughts against other individuals - be it soliders or players. This is a private website and the Mod's should and are stepping in if postings/tone go beyond the guidelines/rules.

...i.e., don't use the word Patriot, with a "CH" in the front....

Calling us names is by no means anywhere close to moronic comments like these but experienced posters like you should know better.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/12: News and Notes
Not a First Round Pick? Hoge Doubles Down on Maye
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/11: News and Notes
MORSE: Patriots Mock Draft #5 and Thoughts About Dugger Signing
Matthew Slater Set For New Role With Patriots
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/10: News and Notes