PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Playoff Scenarios

Let's go Packers. Win or lose our last two I'd like the games to have meaning.

Let's go Packers. Win or lose our last two I'd like the games to have meaning.
This is exactly where I’m at. I don’t think we’re going on a meaningful run, but I wait all spring and summer for pats games and I want to be able to be excited for every one. Would love to still be into it against the dolphins (who I think we can compete with).

75gumv.jpg

At this point, I am just hoping Miami loses today so we have another week with a meaningful game.

If not, then I will relish the spoiler role….giving K.C. or the Bengals a BYE over the Bills would be fun….

Then again, finishing 7-10 would give us a really good draft position…especially with a glut of 6-9/7-8 teams right now that we could leapfrog up the draft board.

At this point, I am just hoping Miami loses today so we have another week with a meaningful game.

If not, then I will relish the spoiler role….giving K.C. or the Bengals a BYE over the Bills would be fun….

Then again, finishing 7-10 would give us a really good draft position…especially with a glut of 6-9/7-8 teams right now that we could leapfrog up the draft board.
Sounds good, but I don't trust the front office/BB to bring in an impact player and I'm more interested in what they do in FA. Another solid draft and a few impact players through FA and next season could be good if not great, depending on what they do with this putrid offense.

Sounds good, but I don't trust the front office/BB to bring in an impact player and I'm more interested in what they do in FA. Another solid draft and a few impact players through FA and next season could be good if not great, depending on what they do with this putrid offense.

Another solid draft implies we’ve had one already. Which one was that?

You can forget any scenario that requires beating Buffalo who absolutely owns the Patriots who are 0-5 against teams with a winning record so beating Miami probably isn't realistic either.

The truth is the franchise is facing significant questions at quarterback and coaching.

Starting with the latter, Patricia needs to be replaced, he's simply not equipped to be an NFL OC. In order for Belichick to stick around he needs to be on board with turning the offense over to a genuinely qualified and experienced OC. If Belichick insists on staying the course with Patricia then both need to go. Perhaps Kraft can go after Sean Payton.

I'm not seeing a true franchise quarterback in Mac. Heading into the season I already considered him a high floor, low ceiling type quarterback and if anything I'd probably consider both to be lower at this point. Of course the coaching situation certainly hasn't been of any benefit to him either but he too has to shoulder some of the blame for the poor results.

Mac probably hasn't been bad enough for the team to turn to Zappe but still I would make the move for the final two games. Because I'm not sold on Mac, and I think making the postseason isn't realistic, I see value in taking another look at Zappe. From there you go into the off-season with more information and possibly more options.

I have a feeling that there will be a disgruntled diva WR we can trade for…..

They had their chances. Packers, Vikings, Raiders, Bengals. All winnable games. Maybe throw the first Miami game in there too.

I am just hoping they pick before the Eagles who are in the playoffs but have the Saints pick.

Best draft position in decades and they still might pick after the Super Bowl winner.

It's truly a low point.

Patriots control their own destiny? Well I mean they clearly don't control it but if they happen to win the next two they are in?

They will lose, Tua owns the Patriots because all he does is hand it off and throw 5 yard passes to wide open guys in the middle of the field and that's exactly how you move the ball on this team.

It's a perfect matchup for the Dolphins.

You can forget any scenario that requires beating Buffalo who absolutely owns the Patriots who are 0-5 against teams with a winning record so beating Miami probably isn't realistic either.

The truth is the franchise is facing significant questions at quarterback and coaching.

Starting with the latter, Patricia needs to be replaced, he's simply not equipped to be an NFL OC. In order for Belichick to stick around he needs to be on board with turning the offense over to a genuinely qualified and experienced OC. If Belichick insists on staying the course with Patricia then both need to go. Perhaps Kraft can go after Sean Payton.

I'm not seeing a true franchise quarterback in Mac. Heading into the season I already considered him a high floor, low ceiling type quarterback and if anything I'd probably consider both to be lower at this point. Of course the coaching situation certainly hasn't been of any benefit to him either but he too has to shoulder some of the blame for the poor results.

Mac probably hasn't been bad enough for the team to turn to Zappe but still I would make the move for the final two games. Because I'm not sold on Mac, and I think making the postseason isn't realistic, I see value in taking another look at Zappe. From there you go into the off-season with more information and possibly more options.
We can all debate that after the 17th game ,no ? As long as pats play meaningful games its fun.

It's unreal that they lost the last 2 games in the way they did, but that after everything, if they'd won them, they'd be near playoff locks with 2 games to go.

So all we need to do is beat Miami and Buffalo so we can get absolutely demolished in the first round and lose a few spots in the draft? Sign me up.

Pats controlling their destiny at this point is wild. Not getting my hopes up though. Just kind of annoying that this last playoff spot is there for the taking and we're choking games away. Oh well, let's see what happens.

I mean, the Bills will be playing for the 1 seed in the final week. In Buffalo.

But hey, if we can beat the Dolphins tomorrow Tua's career might be over. And enter...Tom Brady 2023.

Thursday Patriots Notebook 5/2: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 5/1: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Jerod Mayo’s Appearance on WEEI On Monday
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/30: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Drake Maye’s Interview on WEEI on Jones & Mego with Arcand
MORSE: Rookie Camp Invitees and Draft Notes
Patriots Get Extension Done with Barmore
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/29: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-28, Draft Notes On Every Draft Pick
MORSE: A Closer Look at the Patriots Undrafted Free Agents
Back