PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Pittsburgh Steelers expect Le'Veon Bell to get 2 game suspension

Sure...what the hell! Why not?

Smokes marijuana - 2 games suspension?
Knocks out wife without video - also 2 games
Knocks out wife with video - did they decide already?

Bell's transgressions included DUI which is much more serious than just 'smokes marijuana'.

I don't want Steelers in the season opener. I want them after Thanksgiving some time when the Patriots are a well oiled machine so we can put 40 points on them, as usual.

(Unless you just want them here for our banner celebration)

I don't want Steelers in the season opener. I want them after Thanksgiving some time when the Patriots are a well oiled machine so we can put 40 points on them, as usual.

(Unless you just want them here for our banner celebration)

Everyone assumes it is one of Steelers, Eagles or Bills for the season opener. If it has to be one of the three then I go for the Steelers without Le'Veon. I'd rather face the Bills and Eagles as you say when we are past our extended preseason games. Whatever gives us better chances to go back into the playoffs as the no 1 seed I take.

That being said, if we retain most of our FA then the foundation for next year should already be in place and maybe we can start the season in a better position than last year.

Everyone assumes it is one of Steelers, Eagles or Bills for the season opener. If it has to be one of the three then I go for the Steelers without Le'Veon. I'd rather face the Bills and Eagles as you say when we are past our extended preseason games. Whatever gives us better chances to go back into the playoffs as the no 1 seed I take.

That being said, if we retain most of our FA then the foundation for next year should already be in place and maybe we can start the season in a better position than last year.

Agreed. The Steelers are a much, MUCH different team without Bell. Give me them in the season opener and wait on the Bills until the Pats have their sea legs under them.

tom owns the steelers, so does gronk.
i would love to play them opening night.

Wow that'd be huge to draw them without Bell. Our schedule is already looking very easy and this would just make it even moreso.

I'm the only one that doesn't want to play the steelers without Bell on the opener ??? I want to play Steelers at full strength because I think it would be a good test for us and would keep the Pats on their toes at the start of the season. Also now that the Steelers is playing the HoF game, they have 5 pre-season games, has any team that play on the HoF game, played the season opener ?

The league's not going to have a suspended player as one of the stories of the game, if it can be helped. Rodger's vision of the NFL as choir boys would be undercut in that scenario.

come on, its going to be the bills with Rexy as the media darling they can pump up 10 notches. The steelers are a good matchup, but I agree that the league wont want to be talking about player suspensions on the first game of the year.

The NFL is all about integrity...

Suspensions for marijuana are stupid. It should be a fine at worst.

I don't want an easy schedule either. I'd like to see the Steelers at full strength. Especially since it could be a potential re-match in the playoffs. Pats had a pretty tough schedule this year and I believe it helped prepare them to win tough games when it mattered (Ravens, Seahawks)

Last edited:
Suspensions for marijuana are stupid. It should be a fine at worst.

I don't want an easy schedule either. I'd like to see the Steelers at full strength. Especially since it could be a potential re-match in the playoffs. Pats had a pretty tough schedule this year and I believe it helped prepare them to win tough games when it mattered (Ravens, Seahawks)

Again, it was a DUI. I wouldnt care one bit if he smoked all the weed or even got himself all the cocaine in the world. However, driving under the influence of anything should he punished because he is potentially endangering others.

Also, as with the injured Seattle players in the SB, I'd rather play a weakened side and win than losing to a team at 100%. Especially in a game that might have seeding implications down the road. Our opponents in away games are going to be a hard test for the team anyway.

Finally, I agree that this might take the Steelers out of the pool of potential opponents for the opener. I'd like to avoid the Bills early (i.e. in September) but most probably thats the best storyline.

Does anyone realize that Blount was in the car with him at the time of the incedent? Bank on a 2 game suspension to start the 2015 for him as well. He's a Patriot. Goodell will exert his Overlord Powers of righteous indignation behind the hidden curtain of Oz.

Bruschi’s Proudest Moment: Former LB Speaks to MusketFire’s Marshall in Recent Interview
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/22: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-21, Kraft-Belichick, A.J. Brown Trade?
MORSE: Patriots Draft Needs and Draft Related Info
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/19: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Back