Replies:
OT: Bad news - "it" is back...
Replies:
Very sad news: RIP Joker
Replies:
2023/2024 Patriots Roster Transaction Thread
Replies:
Asking for your support

What player from SB XXXVI would you add to current Patriots team for the upcoming game?

• Troy Brown

Votes: 3 2.6%
  • Antowain Smith

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Kevin Faulk

• Richard Seymour

Votes: 47 40.2%
  • Tedy Bruschi

Votes: 10 8.5%
  • Willie McGinest

Votes: 33 28.2%
  • Lawyer Milloy

• Ty Law

Votes: 16 13.7%
  • Adam Vinatieri

Votes: 1 0.9%
  • Other (please specify)

Votes: 7 6.0%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
Our 2001 team had good talent and even better guts. I'm still impressed by SB XXXVI achievement and would love to take one of those guys in a time capsule, especially Pro Bowl-caliber dude to play for a position of need next week.

But who would it be, if you could pick just one?

(No murderer option; I'd rather give credit and name original heroes this time)
Where's Ken Walter? Or Lonie Paxton?

From the list Seymour

Off the list, I think Woody would be an upgrade over Andrews

Definitely Kurt Warner. But Seymour was the obvious choice from that list.

I love me some Troy Brown but Edelman has that role adequately covered. Law was phenomenal and Milloy was in his prime then but no legit complaints can be made against this secondary, the need isn't there. Faulk remains one of my favorite largely unsung Patriots greats but even with the blocking upgrade he'd bring I don't think we'd be gaining all that much having him over James White vs the bounce we could get elsewhere. Bruschi would be a substantial upgrade to the linebacking corps but as needs go it's not at the top of the list. With the current secondary making it difficult for opposing QB's just imagine what the addition of a consistent serious pass rushing threat would do. It's difficult choosing between Big Sey & Willie to provide it but Willie would boost the pass rush and the LB's so he gets my nod. .

In today's NFL Ty Law would destroy us with pass interference calls, but then again, there was the no call against the Saints.

I think Seymour would give us the biggest upgrade in talent.

Sey. Pass rush. Run D

Roman. best LB on the team that year. Major upgrade over Roberts. Bru wasn't Bru yet. Roman better in coverage.

Troy. Upgrade over everyone but Jules

Troy can play both sides of the ball. :D

My top 3 was McGinest, then Seymour, then Law.

McGinest is the NFL all time leader in playoff sacks. Sounds good to me.

Where's Ken Walter? Or Lonie Paxton?

The number of options in polls is limited. I'd love to name 20+ guys, but had to stick with ~10 or so. Now I realize I should've added Vrabel; in the same time, I wanted some offensive players for parity.

Nobody is voting for Lawyer Milloy. I guess my plan of luring out Belichick's secret account came to naught

There are actually people not choosing Seymour. Are those people trolling?

It's hypothetical. Therefore I can toss a vote to Brady's first safety blanket and one could argue that without him Brady's career would have never taken off. :D

But if it wasn't a hypothetical question Seymour would be the obvious choice imo.

Well, I voted for Seymour myself, even though I was toying with the idea of Ty Law - Stephon Gilmore duo. Would love to see it happen vs Chiefs last week

Was Seymour that dominant right from the very beginning in his rookie year?

Fun topic. My first thought was I love Troy brown he is my favorite player ever, but Eldeman is pretty solid so there are other positions where you would get more bang for your buck. Man do we need a mammoth NT, like Washington or Wilfork, who can help shut Gurley down. Sadly 01 needed that guy too. So I voted the next best thing in Seymour though willie or ty are interesting choices as well. I feel like shutting the run down is a bigger weakness and more important this game then pass rush but if you said for the season I might go McGinist instead. Him and flowers on the edge would be sick.

Was Seymour that dominant right from the very beginning in his rookie year?

Not to be flip with my answer, but I'm not worried about him being dominant. With this year's defense having its biggest weaknesses at DL and coverLB, I'm just worried about him being batter than the 2018 versions of Brown, Shelton, and Clayborn. And he was that, IMO. Seymour would definitely be my choice.

Seymour started 10 games as a rookie. Had 44 tackles and 3 sacks that year. Had 11 tackles and a sack in the postseason. He could be moved anywhere on the line. I'd take that.

I want as many blue chippers as possible in the big game. And Seymour (even as rookie) is the only blue chipper on this list.

Seymour. Tough call with McGinest, but I don’t think the Rams could handle him at all.

Status
Not open for further replies.

New Patriots WR Javon Baker: ‘You ain’t gonna outwork me’
Friday Patriots Notebook 5/3: News and Notes
Thursday Patriots Notebook 5/2: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 5/1: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Jerod Mayo’s Appearance on WEEI On Monday
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/30: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Drake Maye’s Interview on WEEI on Jones & Mego with Arcand
MORSE: Rookie Camp Invitees and Draft Notes
Patriots Get Extension Done with Barmore
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/29: News and Notes