PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Philly HC Doug Pederson says pressure off the Eagles, they can have fun now

Philadelphia is finding out that "uneasy lies the head that wears the crown" and when you are champion, everybody gives you their best shot. Which makes what the Pats have done the last 18 years so remarkable....
Usually it is the Super Bowl loser that doesn't make the playoffs the next year. This year it could be the champion instead..
--------------
I too wear Pats gear around Philly. Local supermarket offers 5% off on game day if you wear Eagles gear. Nope, not gonna happen. Cashiers ask me if I am wearing Eagles gear ( while wearing Pats gear) and tell em I could save 5%. No thanks, charge me full price. My pride is worth more than 5%....

I live in philly and still proudly wear my pats gear in public. Love this.
I hear ya dude. I'm in northeastern PA. Whole area was nothing but Steelers fans til Philly won the SB, then suddenly everyone became Eagles fans overnight. Been getting **** ever since for my Pats gear. But as the weeks have gone on, it's gotten more and more quiet. I wonder why :)

Philadelphia is finding out that "uneasy lies the head that wears the crown" and when you are champion, everybody gives you their best shot. Which makes what the Pats have done the last 18 years so remarkable....
Usually it is the Super Bowl loser that doesn't make the playoffs the next year. This year it could be the champion instead..
--------------
I too wear Pats gear around Philly. Local supermarket offers 5% off on game day if you wear Eagles gear. Nope, not gonna happen. Cashiers ask me if I am wearing Eagles gear ( while wearing Pats gear) and tell em I could save 5%. No thanks, charge me full price. My pride is worth more than 5%....
Not mine. Give me $10 and I'll wear a shirt that says "I chug ****"

I have a really good friend who is a Philly fan. Been one her whole life. She's not arrogant like so many others.. I won't tell her this, but I am so hoping that Philly doesn't win another game and are shown to be the pretenders they are.

They should have had 2 TDs over-turned based on the catch rules from last year but the league used the ones they intended to pass this season instead. And they admitted as much.

I hear ya dude. I'm in northeastern PA. Whole area was nothing but Steelers fans til Philly won the SB, then suddenly everyone became Eagles fans overnight. Been getting **** ever since for my Pats gear. But as the weeks have gone on, it's gotten more and more quiet. I wonder why :)

To be fair to them, I have some friends who are diehard eagles fans. They’ve been through crap with the team. But yeah, there are suddenly way more eagles fans in the past year, it’s ridiculous.

I do think that philly sports talk shows are way worse than Boston. It gets super personal.

I live in philly and still proudly wear my pats gear in public. Love this.

Do they give you guys a hard time for wearing anything but Eagles stuff?

Is he going to write another book?

2kmzqz.jpg

Do they give you guys a hard time for wearing anything but Eagles stuff?

Occasionally I get some smartass comment but so far, it’s all in good fun and I’ve never been physically harmed or felt unsafe. But I also don’t walk around south philly that often. Work in center city and live in the burbs.

I would do the same thing! Of course I use food stamps so not sure it’s much of a sacrifice . . . o_O

MORSE: Patriots Draft Needs and Draft Related Info
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/19: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/12: News and Notes
Back