PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Peyton can thank the dummy in Foxboro

Re: Re: Peyton can thank the dummy in Foxboro

Broncos can be good not because of welker but because there are others to worry about. Welker alone cannot do the job. Look at SB vs giants. He led the game in catches while they shut moss down . We scored 14 pts. Regardless of welker stayed or chose to go, we wouldve had a lot of new WR's this yr .But the OP thinks Welker is the answer to winning SBs.

Is any player alone enough to do the job? The giants consistently got pressure ruahing only four, and the defense crapped the bed.

The point is building a great team and getting into a multiyear pissing contest with such a versatile, team player doesn't do that. It NEVER shoulf have come to him leaving. Never.

I do think it is funny that a troll can start a thread with a bunch of stupidity and it can generate 12 pages and 118 posts of discussion.
Its like tim tebow never left:D

Is it possible Donkey trolls are more mentally challenged than Jet fans?

Pump the brakes a bit buddy...it's week 1.

This entire theme sounds like Wrecks Ryan beating his chest in August.

Anyone who lives outside of Tennessee, Indiana and Colorado realizes your Renta-QB is notorious for choking in January. Trolls like you probably realized it before the Donkeys rented him.

My head hurts from all this garbage over one player and one game and a coaches decision.

The OP might be trolling, but it's not as if he doesn't have a point. Welker does make that offense a lot harder to defend, and BB did blow it in the offseason. The Ravens tried double teaming Welker and, when that didn't work, they put their best CB on him. The result was a 9 catch night with two TDs, and more space for the other Broncos pass catchers to work with. If Decker hadn't played like ass and Welker hadn't muffed the punt, that score could have been even more lopsided.

Meanwhile, in the "good news for the Patriots" category, once Jacoby Jones was out of the game, the Ravens offense was done.

I think that the Ravens defense missed Ed Reed a LOT.

This thread has gotten too much attention already, but I just want to say that I would take Steve Gregory over either of the Ravens starting safeties last night.

This goes back to my thoughts in the offseason that it's going to be very interesting watching the Ravens this year, and might actually put some of the Patriots' defensive struggles in perspective a bit. As good as Ozzie Newsome is at finding talent, losing your two best (historically) defensive players and the leaders of both your front seven AND secondary has to have an effect, and it's not always a simple fix of just putting other talented players in there (or in Ed Reed's case, a couple of crummy JAGs).

When the Pats lost their defensive leaders (Bruschi, Seymour, Vrabel, Harrison), it's been hard to rebuild that core as well. I think the Ravens may show us that that is the norm in the NFL, the Patriots are not some aberration of failure.

What an ornery group of Belichick suckups. Enjoy another fruitless season that ends on another gut-wrenching postseason loss courtesy of the "genius."

Well some of us appreciate the Belichick years, division championships almost every year, trips to the confernece championship evey other year, 11 wins without Brady (who is the GOAT IMO) 5 SB appearances with a team that has a shot this year (IMO).

He has rebuilt the team a couple of times on the fly and is competitive EVERYYEAR.

As someone who has followed the PAts for 50 years I have nothing to complain about.

Perhaps with some perspective and when you have followed Pro football you will understand, but then again, probably not. But this is as good as it gets for afootball fan.

Ok, who let one of the Jets fans out of the padded cell? :bricks:

I do think it is funny that a troll can start a thread with a bunch of stupidity and it can generate 12 pages and 118 posts of discussion.

I know the mods are busy, but a trip to the Practice Squad is definitely warranted here.

I know the mods are busy, but a trip to the Practice Squad is definitely warranted here.

Done.

Another Mod beat me to it by 2 minutes.

Well I just saw the thread and was moving it to the PS. But what the hell it has over 100 post so we'll let it go.

As to the thread title, how about the dummy who thought he was worth $10 mil per year. Could have signed for $8mil per year the year before, and then had to settle for $6 mil per year.

Done.

Another Mod beat me to it by 2 minutes.

Yup I move it to the PS, then moved it back. I'm kind of like the dummy in Foxboro. But here it stays.

well well well, what we have here ? Welko mania ??

OK, honestly, I felt little sad watching him do his thing yesterday but time to move on. He chose Denver ! I liked him in pats uniform and still do as long as we are not playing Denver, but this is beyond ridiculous ! We haven't' event given a chance to Amendola before declaring that our coach is a loser ! #$%$#%#$#$#$%$#$%

Can't believe I came back and expressed my thoughts in this PS worthy thread !:eek: mea culpa :bricks:

I ranked the receiving corps and NE's is dead last. Can you name one that's worse?

Brady's entering the season with a band of misfits. His WR corps is as bad as that pile of crap he almost brought to the Super Bowl in 2006.

Everyone just assumes Amendola will replicate Welker's numbers but firstly he has to stay healthy (which he won't) and secondly he'll have to significantly out produce his previous best season. Brady makes everyone better but can he turn another mediocre WR into a hall of famer? I'm skeptical.

Brady's other starting WR is Kenbrell Thompkins, an undrafted rookie. Now seriously, what can we expect from this guy? Realistically not much.

Rookie WR Aaron Dobson has Chad Jackson written all over him. Looks like potentially another draft bust from the "genius." Another rookie WR, Josh Boyce, probably won't factor much into the game plan. Yet another rookie WR, the undrafted Kamar Aiken, will be counted on for nothing.

That leaves Edelman, who's just a complete waste of time because he'll surely break in two when he gets tackled.

So the WRs completely suck.

TEs to start the season: Michael Hoomanawanui (5 receptions, 0 TDs in 2012) and Zach Sudfeld (undrafted rookie who looks like a big stiff imo). My God.

It's almost as if Belichick is purposely trying to make it difficult for Brady. Alternatively, he's just blatantly incompetent.

Your getting me excited!

I'm only up to page 10 and am already wavering; shall I leave this on ignore or subscribe and award 5 stars? :D

te3.jpg

With the added versatility that Welker brings to Denver's offense with Thomas and Decker already on the outside they will be unstoppable. Meanwhile, Brady has the worse (literally 32nd ranked) receiving corps in the NFL.

In Bill We Trust... what a joke! Seriously, Belichick may be the most overrated person in the history of professional sports. The myths of Belichick are too numerous to mention but suffice it to say he's a bum without Brady. Aside from the gigantic win/loss disparity with and without Brady, Belichick's teams have averaged nearly 10 points more per game with Brady at quarterback. That's how Belichick gets away with the endless string of disastrous DB draft picks and an ever worsening defense. If Brady hasn't bailed out Belichick and his choking defenses over the years then the team loses when it counts most. Fact.

Crawhammer, get a clue. Did you actually watch the game last night??? The ravens controlled the donkey offense until the welker drop that was called a catch. Then it fell apart. Wes looked horrible last night. He doesn't scare me one bit. Dennard and talib got the outside guys covered. We have a defense to stop these guys.

TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/12: News and Notes
Not a First Round Pick? Hoge Doubles Down on Maye
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/11: News and Notes
Back