PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Perception of Time

Status
Not open for further replies.
And such a passing offense, 4 games with 100 yards of passing yards or less.......let that sink in.....
It was brutal ( and not weather related) First 6 games 760 yards passing total or 126 ypg. I knew it was bad but not that bad until I looked at the stats.....
1991 New England Patriots Statistics & Players | Pro-Football-Reference.com

End of 92 was even worse
--last 6 games- team TOTAL 397 yards passing (frame of reference- Brady has had 12 games of more than that- playoffs included)
Last 8 games 657 yards. total passing oy veyz meir.......
1992 New England Patriots Statistics & Players | Pro-Football-Reference.com
Meanwhile,

What was our savior doing after Berry benched & then cut him?

Doug Flutie signed with the BC Lions in 1990 and in 1991, threw for a record 6619 yards on 499 completions. In 1992 he signed with the Calgary Stampeders, who he led to victory in the 1992 Grey Cup.
quarterback-doug-flutie-of-the-new-england-patriots-rolls-out-to-pass-picture-id149394863

In my time on earth I've seen the following players play for the teams I root for. I placed them in their order of greatness.

Bill Russell, Tom Brady, Bobby Orr, Ted Williams, Pedro Martinez and everyone in between the first two. Talk about blessed.
upload_2018-12-7_18-7-13.jpegGo ahead and leave me off the list. I've been eating hot dogs all day.

Nah. I'd actually choose one more Pats SB win over pretty much anything below the belt.
Tom Brady is the age I was when I saw him win his first super bowl. That was 5 jobs four homes three states and one wife ago and he is still playing!
jim-plunkett.0.0.jpg

GYI0062276496.0.jpg

"I guess Jim and me both will never win a Super Bowl wearing this uniform..."

The movie Back to the Future is longer ago now than Johnny B Goode was to the movie, if that makes sense. Saw that a couple of years ago and thought it was interesting.

Nah. I'd actually choose one more Pats SB win over pretty much anything below the belt.
I was just laughing at your phrasing.

Led Zeppelin II came out 24 years after the end of WWII.

That was 49 years ago.

Interesting how, at that time, music from 1945 seemed so darn old. Does Zeppelin (and other of their ilk) sound that old to young ears, I wonder?

No sports connection though I guess maybe the Jets super bowl fluke thing matches up a bit.
Gotta wonder how LZ II would fair as a new release in 2018.

Seeing how every song on that album is awesome, that fact that it wont go gold in 10 seconds after release over today's crap is a travesty.

The question is how much time until all of the good Patriots fans can enjoy another trophy? :cool:

(I know - I am greedy.)

Last edited:
View attachment 21878Go ahead and leave me off the list. I've been eating hot dogs all day.

I didn't have the time to name every player and that's why I added the last line, which mentioned every player in between Russell and Brady. I could have added Bird, Cousy, Hannah and a whole host of others, but I decided to stick with the best in each sport.

Maybe my favorite Tom Brady one:

After Tom entered the league, Ladanian Tomlinson was drafted, had a lengthy career, retired, met the 5-year waiting period and entered the HOF. And Tom is still playing as the #1 player in the league as voted by his peers.

Regards,
Chris

Status
Not open for further replies.

Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/25: News and Notes
Patriots Kraft ‘Involved’ In Decision Making?  Zolak Says That’s Not the Case
MORSE: Final First Round Patriots Mock Draft
Slow Starts: Stark Contrast as Patriots Ponder Which Top QB To Draft
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/24: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/23: News and Notes
MORSE: Final 7 Round Patriots Mock Draft, Matthew Slater News
Bruschi’s Proudest Moment: Former LB Speaks to MusketFire’s Marshall in Recent Interview
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/22: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-21, Kraft-Belichick, A.J. Brown Trade?
Back