PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Perception of Time

Status
Not open for further replies.
I remember a lot of close games that year...
And such a passing offense, 4 games with 100 yards of passing yards or less.......let that sink in.....
It was brutal ( and not weather related) First 6 games 760 yards passing total or 126 ypg. I knew it was bad but not that bad until I looked at the stats.....
1991 New England Patriots Statistics & Players | Pro-Football-Reference.com

End of 92 was even worse
--last 6 games- team TOTAL 397 yards passing (frame of reference- Brady has had 12 games of more than that- playoffs included)
Last 8 games 657 yards. total passing oy veyz meir.......
1992 New England Patriots Statistics & Players | Pro-Football-Reference.com

Last edited:
Very disappointed that a thread about time exists and this hasn't been posted yet...

I’m 45. I wonder how much more sex I’ve already had than I will have between now and dying. I’m guessing 2X.

I should have kept count.

In my time on earth I've seen the following players play for the teams I root for. I placed them in their order of greatness.

Bill Russell, Tom Brady, Bobby Orr, Ted Williams, Pedro Martinez and everyone in between the first two. Talk about blessed.

I’m 45. I wonder how much more sex I’ve already had than I will have between now and dying. I’m guessing 2X.

I'm guessing you're including self-inflicted.

I was reading some interesting trivial facts that may alter our perception of time. Some examples:

When Cleopatra was born, the pyramids in Egypt were already older than Cleopatra would be if she were still alive today.

Ralph Macchio is older today than Pat Morita was when he played Mr. Miyagi in The Karate Kid. (That one still blows my mind)!

Anyway, I tried to come up with some football ones...

Tom Brady's first SB win is closer in time to the SB XX loss to the Bears than to today.

And even better...

The Jets ONLY Super Bowl is closer in time to World War 1, Babe Ruth on the Red Sox, and the fall of the Ottoman Empire than to today.

JETE :eek:

Time is a flat circle.
Great news if you're a Patriots fan; horrible news if you're a Jets fan.:D They are doomed to the eternal recurrence of the "butt fumble."

“Time keeps on slippin, slippin, slippin. Into the fuuuture”

“Time keeps on slippin, slippin, slippin. Into the fuuuture”

I used to play cribbage and get stoned to that song......back in the Bush #41 administration.

Talk about Perception of Time.... I'm closer to crapping in diapers at an assisted living center than I am to getting drunk and watching Operation Desert Storm coverage on CNN.

You are on this board too much my friend. :D

Led Zeppelin II came out 24 years after the end of WWII.

That was 49 years ago.

Interesting how, at that time, music from 1945 seemed so darn old. Does Zeppelin (and other of their ilk) sound that old to young ears, I wonder?

No sports connection though I guess maybe the Jets super bowl fluke thing matches up a bit.

No doubt about that!
Hell I am too. I guess I could use more sex. Might interfere with golf though...need to think it though.

That's great Tony. My sons have gone from teens to men during this golden era, while theirs have known nothing but success. It's amusing to see the grandkids roll their eyes at their fathers' tales of woe being kids freezing their butts off on aluminum bleachers watching a losing team in the old cement bowl but recognizing in their *****ing an affection for the old dump and having grown up 'Patriots Kids' when it was far from a happening thing. Old Pat Patriot is worn like a badge of honor in our family
AFL-Legacy-Bills-Pats.jpg

I would choose sex over golf but a Pats' SB win over a year's worth of sex (with someone other than myself).
Does that mean you would choose a year of sex with yourself over a Pats SB win?

Status
Not open for further replies.

TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/12: News and Notes
Not a First Round Pick? Hoge Doubles Down on Maye
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/11: News and Notes